Tourist and cultural trip to Africa... but which country? Need advices šŸ™

Congo are just small dicks compared to West African countries like Mali Senegal and Gambia
You did small researchā€¦ well Iā€™m from Africa
We had two holidays in The Gambia pre Covid, lovely friendly people, English speaking (official language). On same time zone as UK not at all threatening. just the usual be aware of what's around you and don't look for trouble. Great beaches.

Hello šŸ¤—

I don't know if I'm in the right place to ask these questions, if not, you can delete my topic.

I would like, at the end of my studies, to go on a trip to Africa, to do tourism and discover the culture of the country.
I am therefore not talking here about a trip focused on sex, I specify (I found topics on destinations for sex but that is not what I am talking about)... and I am not talking about humanitarian travel (even if I would like to do a humanitarian trip one day).
I'm talking more about traveling alone in an African country (or with a friend perhaps).

Have any of you traveled to Africa and if so, where?
Are some destinations more interesting than others?
And, if I make this trip alone, are some countries safer than others?

Thank you in advance for your answers, and again sorry if the subject is not suitable for this forum šŸ‘
lol. Yeah Africa super huge. Itā€™s like asking whatā€™s the best part of Asia. You could talk for days on any one country in Africa. Iā€™ve been to several different regions and they all had pros and cons. Iā€™ll suggest it like this tho. If you in west Africa, aim for Nigeria, Ghana, or Ivory Coast. These countries have some of the most powerful cultures in the west with great food, ppl, and history (if youā€™re into the whole ancient empires/slavery subjects). South Africa is super relevant and some would argue the closest thing to American culture, but also Swaziland offers a great cultural experience. If youā€™re in East Africa then strongly recommend Ethiopia for its religious history and the diversity of the ppl and great eating.
North Africa of course has Egypt to the east and Morocco to the west with a lot of sand in between but both countries will have you fall in love. These are the top spots for 1st timers as these countries are a bit more developed making your experience less scary. All of the countries I mentioned have serious problems that could translate to your worst life experiences but all in all, (& compared to the rest of Africa) no different from visiting Greece, or Russia, or Vietnam.your world perspective will change for the positive . Good luck

Hello šŸ¤—

I don't know if I'm in the right place to ask these questions, if not, you can delete my topic.

I would like, at the end of my studies, to go on a trip to Africa, to do tourism and discover the culture of the country.
I am therefore not talking here about a trip focused on sex, I specify (I found topics on destinations for sex but that is not what I am talking about)... and I am not talking about humanitarian travel (even if I would like to do a humanitarian trip one day).
I'm talking more about traveling alone in an African country (or with a friend perhaps).

Have any of you traveled to Africa and if so, where?
Are some destinations more interesting than others?
And, if I make this trip alone, are some countries safer than others?

Thank you in advance for your answers, and again sorry if the subject is not suitable for this forum šŸ‘
If you want to Witness The Great Migration of around 2 million Wild beast with a lot more Adventures in Serengeti National Park then you should consider Tanzania. You can also enjoy the Island of Zanzibar which is a famous Island in East & Central Africa. There is also Mountain Kilimanjaro if you want to Climb Africa's tallest mountain, to summarize there are more than 20 National Parks here with different Adventures, You are more than welcome in Tanzania.

Thank you to both of you for your answers !

I had already thought about South Africa but I had heard rumors of fairly strong insecurity there, but I guess you just have to be careful and avoid certain places.

For Angola I will find out, I don't have much information on this country!

Thanks again šŸ™
South Africa is incredibly diverse and rich in cultural heritage. From its vibrant cities to its stunning landscapes and wildlife, there's so much to explore. You can visit historical sites like Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned, or experience traditional music and dance in places like Soweto.

As for security concerns, like any destination, it's essential to stay vigilant and aware of your surroundings, especially in urban areas. Stick to well-lit and populated areas, avoid displaying valuables openly, and use reputable transportation services.

Overall, with proper precautions, you can have a fantastic and safe experience exploring South Africa's incredible culture and heritage. You may probably even want to stay permanently...

Thank you for all your advices, I have a lot of choice I think!! I'm going to look into the subject to find out which country interests me the most šŸ˜Š

Thanks again !!

Back