Guitars and other hobbies

TnC93

Male
Gold Member
From
MO, US
First of all I want to say that there should be some ground rules for this thread... This is not a thread for political discussion.. This is a thread where we can all come together and talk about some of the fun things that we do as hobbies... I'll start, I've been playing guitar since I was 14, and I have 5 electric guitars, 4 acoustic-electric, and 1 all acoustic... I'm not that great, but I do alright.... When the stress of the world gets to me, I can always pick up my guitar, and it goes away!

I will have some pics to share in the future, but I wanted to get this thread kicked off... Friendly discussion only, please! I invite @MacNfries , @ed4mwf and @2crazypeepz to join, but this thread is open to anyone who wants to chat about it! Let's have some fun, y'all!

I like to play the guitar a little myself and also do a little artwork. By no means have I mastered any of things . I just do them because they help me be creative and its just something I enjoy. Both things I did very well when I was young and ditched them both as life went on only to pick them up this past year when the whole world was shut down. Anyways good topic, shows us our human side. And not for nothing but I think that’s the only picture I gave a like to on here that didn’t have booty shorts or a spades tattoo involved lol. Thanks Tnc93

I have lots more to share! hopefully some more pics tomorrow, I have played the banjo some too, but it's double tough!

I was hoping some others would join in the conversation!

I was hoping some others would join in the conversation!
Just give us time, TnC ... by the way I play a little banjo, keyboard, blues harmonica and juice harp. I'm still looking for my Kalamazoo photos. Can't remember where I put them. I got heavy into bluegrass & country rock when I lived in Louisville. A friend of mine in Nashville lived across the street from Charlie Dick (Patsy Cline's husband) and we'd build a campfire in back of his house and ******* a ton of beer, jamming until midnight.

I'll catch up on my photos sometime this week. Mac

I'm a juggler and have been juggling since my early 20s. We have a nationwide club and conventions and contests every year. It's a fun thing to do and very challenging.

I'm also a pilot and fly a Piper Cherokee about twice a month to various places and practice maneuvers. When I retire, I'll join a WWII flying club and help restore and fly old planes and help mentor young people into aviation. It's a great life-long hobby.

I'm a juggler and have been juggling since my early 20s. We have a nationwide club and conventions and contests every year. It's a fun thing to do and very challenging.

I'm also a pilot and fly a Piper Cherokee about twice a month to various places and practice maneuvers. When I retire, I'll join a WWII flying club and help restore and fly old planes and help mentor young people into aviation. It's a great life-long hobby.
Those are all cool hobbies! I worked with a guy a few years ago who could juggle, I always thought that was impressive! Thank you!!

So I'm embarking on a new hobby... Leather tooling... I'm not that artistically inclined, mainly due to having very large hands. I do a lot of electronics work, soldering small components, building computers, etc. I've repaired a lot of Xbox 360s, lol! Leather carving/tooling, however, could be exactly the type of art that I feel I could be good at...

Anyone here done any leather work?

Back