Anybody else interested in the theory that Jimi Hendrix was murdered ?

SwirlSexr775

Male
Gold Member
Real Person
From
NY, US
As a guitar player. I count Jimi Hendrix as one of my greatest inspirations. He was a true innovator. He created that which others couldn't even dream of... Some of his music that is close to seven decades old. Still sounds fresh today... For those who can appreciate it. He also had a taste for the ladies😉. That being said...The video that's attached I found very informative/intriguing. I watched it in two sittings... As it is somewhat lengthy... Thanks in advance for your participation.
👍🏽😉👌🏽👊🏽💪🏽😎✌🏽

As a guitar player. I count Jimi Hendrix as one of my greatest inspirations. He was a true innovator. He created that which others couldn't even dream of... Some of his music that is close to seven decades old. Still sounds fresh today... For those who can appreciate it. He also had a taste for the ladies😉. That being said...The video that's attached I found very informative/intriguing. I watched it in two sittings... As it is somewhat lengthy... Thanks in advance for your participation.
👍🏽😉👌🏽👊🏽💪🏽😎✌🏽

Love his music. he puts the #9 over his 7th chords. He was an innovator. Do you play your guitar like he did? Do you also like Eric Gales?

Love his music. he puts the #9 over his 7th chords. He was an innovator. Do you play your guitar like he did? Do you also like Eric Gales?
As do I...I play like Jimi in these terms.
If it's right to my ear... Then it's right. So I play like me... Which is what it's all about. For the most part I am self-taught like Jimi, and auspiciously Eddie Van Halen. Who also was a disciple of if it sounds right...Then it's right.
I'm a c.hild of the '80s, so my biggest influences happened to be the shredders of that time period.
EVH of course... Tony Macalpine, Rocky George, Vic Johnson, Randy rhoads, Greg Howe, Jake E. Lee, etc...
I appreciate what I have heard of Eric Gales... Yes.
Any thoughts about the theory of Jimi being murdered?

Last edited:
As do I...I play like Jimi in these terms.
If it's right to my ear... Then it's right. So I play like me... Which is what it's all about. For the most part I am self-taught like Jimi, and auspiciously Eddie Van Halen. Who also was a disciple of if it sounds right...Then it's right.
I'm a c.hild of the '80s, so my biggest influences happened to be the shredders of that time period.
EVH of course... Tony Macalpine, Rocky George, Vic Johnson, Randy rhoads, Greg Howe, Jake E. Lee, etc...
I appreciate what I have heard of Eric Gales... Yes.
Any thoughts about the theory of Jimi being murdered?
Sounds like you're a good guitar player with all those great influences and knowledge. I mention Gales because he plays some cool harmonic sounds similar to Jimi. There's a YouTube vid of Eric Gales on Arsenio (love Arsenio! was crushed when he was cancelled). I like lots of different players. I like Eric Gales' playing along with many legends SRV, EVH, Jimi, Clapton, Page, Beck, Knoffler, Mayer, The Edge, The 3 Kings, etc etc..

As for the death of Jimi, I don't have an intelligent opinion on it. With all the political killings that happened in the 60's, I would not be surprised that someone killed him for a selfish reason, but from what I learned, he died from asphyxia. Whether there were nefarious reasons why he died is not clear to me. Regardless, it was tragic when he died. His harmonic style and improv were fantastic.

Sounds like you're a good guitar player with all those great influences and knowledge. I mention Gales because he plays some cool harmonic sounds similar to Jimi. There's a YouTube vid of Eric Gales on Arsenio (love Arsenio! was crushed when he was cancelled). I like lots of different players. I like Eric Gales' playing along with many legends SRV, EVH, Jimi, Clapton, Page, Beck, Knoffler, Mayer, The Edge, The 3 Kings, etc etc..

As for the death of Jimi, I don't have an intelligent opinion on it. With all the political killings that happened in the 60's, I would not be surprised that someone killed him for a selfish reason, but from what I learned, he died from asphyxia. Whether there were nefarious reasons why he died is not clear to me. Regardless, it was tragic when he died. His harmonic style and improv were fantastic.
Yeah there was a time when I achieved a satisfying level of technical proficiency. However, the most important thing I learned is to have something uniquely "me" to say on the instrument... I'm not the guitarist I used to be... From a technique point of view. I injured my left wrist many years ago in a weight training incident...
Scapholunate dissociation due to the injured connective tissue finally snapping. It's frustratingly difficult to play well for an extended period of time.

Did you watch the video in its entirety?

Yeah there was a time when I achieved a satisfying level of technical proficiency. However, the most important thing I learned is to have something uniquely "me" to say on the instrument... I'm not the guitarist I used to be... From a technique point of view. I injured my left wrist many years ago in a weight training incident...
Scapholunate dissociation due to the injured connective tissue finally snapping. It's frustratingly difficult to play well for an extended period of time.

Did you watch the video in its entirety?
That sucks about your wrist. "Uniquely you" is important for all great artists. Sounds like you're on the right track. I think technique is great, but not if you're not saying anything. It's like a Miles Davies vs John Coltrane argument. Tasteful vs a lot of notes (not saying that Trane wasn't tasteful. just an example) I'm not a spring chicken anymore either. Don't have the endurance I used to. Body is making strange noises . I do mobility exercises on a daily basis that helps me get through tightness etc.

I watched the entire video. That sucks. From the information the hottie in the video said, Mike Jefferey admitted killing him but died in an accident body never found. He staged plane crash. probably lived his days out in a non extradition country. Sounds like there was some foul play for sure. Tons of motive and bs surrounding it. Do you know if any independent investigator is looking into this?

That sucks about your wrist. "Uniquely you" is important for all great artists. Sounds like you're on the right track. I think technique is great, but not if you're not saying anything. It's like a Miles Davies vs John Coltrane argument. Tasteful vs a lot of notes (not saying that Trane wasn't tasteful. just an example) I'm not a spring chicken anymore either. Don't have the endurance I used to. Body is making strange noises . I do mobility exercises on a daily basis that helps me get through tightness etc.

I watched the entire video. That sucks. From the information the hottie in the video said, Mike Jefferey admitted killing him but died in an accident body never found. He staged plane crash. probably lived his days out in a non extradition country. Sounds like there was some foul play for sure. Tons of motive and bs surrounding it. Do you know if any independent investigator is looking into this?
Yeah Big Time... 👎🏽😅👎🏽.
Anybody could be a great technician... You spend enough time practicing you can play just about anybody's solos note for note... For me there was no higher compliment than to be told that my playing was instantly recognizable...I am not aware of any investigation at all. I do know that certain people don't even like talking about it. One of them being Uli Jon Roth (one of my all-time favorite guitarists) from The Scorpions... He was Uber influenced and inspired by Jimi. The song We'll Burn The Sky (one of my favorites by The Scorpions) was originally a poem written by Monika Dannemann... The girlfriend that was with him when he died. She actually eventually married Uli Jon Roth. He dedicated an entire album to Jimi... "Earthquake" with his band Electric Sun. Going to include a short clip from Stevie Ray Vaughan... One of the truest natural guitar players I've ever had the pleasure to hear... Guy was like an antenna...The music just flowed through him. R.I.P.
The clip speaks to some of the things we have been discussing.

Last edited:
Yeah Big Time... 👎🏽😅👎🏽.
Anybody could be a great technician... You spend enough practicing you can play just about anybody's solos note for note... For me there was no higher compliment than to be told that my playing was instantly recognizable...I am not aware of any investigation at all. I do know that certain people don't even like talking about it. One of them being Uli Jon Roth (one of my all-time favorite guitarists) from The Scorpions... He was Uber influenced and inspired by Jimi. The song We'll Burn The Sky (one of my favorites by The Scorpions) was originally a poem written by Monika Dannemann... The girlfriend that was with him when he died. She actually eventually married Uli Jon Roth. He dedicated an entire album to Jimi... "Earthquake" with his band Electric Sun. Going to include a short clip from Stevie Ray Vaughan... One of the truest natural guitar players I've ever had the pleasure to hear... Guy was like an antenna...The music just flowed through him. R.I.P.
The clip speaks to some of the things we have been discussing.

Excellent point. You said the phrase that makes you great ... "instantly recognizable" . Everyone needs their own unique style and sound and all the greats have that. I know it's a corny example, but in the song "We are the World", you can listen to each artist and know exactly who you are listening to because of their voice and their style. Huey Lewis could have sung his line anyway he wanted to but he sang it the way Huey Lewis would sing it. The same with Daryl Hall , Ray Charles, James Ingram, Cyndi Lauper etc. If you hear David Sanborn play his Sax, you know it's him instantly. It's the man that makes the instrument, not the instrument that makes the man.

Coincidentally, I saw that clip the other day. Sounds like he's not convinced that Jimi died from an overdose either. I'm surprised SRV didn't claim more of his playing comes from Jimi, but SRV was a monster. He had a right to say what he said.

Excellent point. You said the phrase that makes you great ... "instantly recognizable" . Everyone needs their own unique style and sound and all the greats have that. I know it's a corny example, but in the song "We are the World", you can listen to each artist and know exactly who you are listening to because of their voice and their style. Huey Lewis could have sung his line anyway he wanted to but he sang it the way Huey Lewis would sing it. The same with Daryl Hall , Ray Charles, James Ingram, Cyndi Lauper etc. If you hear David Sanborn play his Sax, you know it's him instantly. It's the man that makes the instrument, not the instrument that makes the man.

Coincidentally, I saw that clip the other day. Sounds like he's not convinced that Jimi died from an overdose either. I'm surprised SRV didn't claim more of his playing comes from Jimi, but SRV was a monster. He had a right to say what he said.
Thanks...If you play long enough and seriously enough. You'll develop your own signature. All the players that you look up to, emulate, and borrow from are the stepping stones to building your own sound. The level of mass appeal varies however😂. I don't think it's a corny example at all...I get it 💯.
It's obvious that Jimi was a great influence on SRV. Not to take anything away from Jimi...But SRV refined certain techniques of Jimi's to a higher level. Which couldn't have occurred without the guitar world shattering innovation of Jimi Hendrix.

Thanks...If you play long enough and seriously enough. You'll develop your own signature. All the players that you look up to, emulate, and borrow from are the stepping stones to building your own sound. The level of mass appeal varies however😂. I don't think it's a corny example at all...I get it 💯.
It's obvious that Jimi was a great influence on SRV. Not to take anything away from Jimi...But SRV refined certain techniques of Jimi's to a higher level. Which couldn't have occurred without the guitar world shattering innovation of Jimi Hendrix.
True, SRV probably wouldn't have been as good with out Jimi's influence. Maybe he just would have sounded like the 3 Kings?

Would any guitarist be as good as they are without Hendrix's influence?
I think it's fair to say that SRV sounded like SRV 😉.
Oh yes! Totally agree. Any guitarist who is anybody would listen to Hendrix. His excellence was self evident. Just like any singer who is anybody would listen to Luther (Vandross).

True. SRV had his own blues voice.

Oh yes! Totally agree. Any guitarist who is anybody would listen to Hendrix. His excellence was self evident. Just like any singer who is anybody would listen to Luther (Vandross).

True. SRV had his own blues voice.
Interesting that you should mention Luther Vandross... A friend of mine who worked for polygram records. Who always appreciated my playing. Wanted to get me an audition to be part of the band. Never happened... As the original guitarist "Doc" was pretty well entrenched in the gig. The fact that he told me that Luther would probably want me to be more than just his guitarist...Also gave me pause 😱😲😆.

Interesting that you should mention Luther Vandross... A friend of mine who worked for polygram records. Who always appreciated my playing. Wanted to get me an audition to be part of the band. Never happened... As the original guitarist "Doc" was pretty well entrenched in the gig. The fact that he told me that Luther would probably want me to be more than just his guitarist...Also gave me pause 😱😲😆.
Very cool. you must be an accomplished guitar player. Luther was a fantastic singer with tremendous control and tone. But rumor has it that he was a little light in his loafers.

@marcus3219 if you are so inclined check out.

https://www.blacktowhite.net/threads/what’s-your-day-job.240590/post-4307430

I told that Luther story on this site before. Along with another one. The thread is only about six pages long. If you're interested 😉.
Sounds like you are a good guitar player. Being a musician. I get that going on the road might not be an attractive option and there are a lot of good musicians out there who don't play in A-List Acts.

I remember seeing F.o.r.c.e.d MD's on Soul Train. I believe they were singing Tender Love and then started to bust out this serious beat box. Cool stuff.

Very cool. you must be an accomplished guitar player. Luther was a fantastic singer with tremendous control and tone. But rumor has it that he was a little light in his loafers.
During those years I was very dedicated to playing. From a technical point of view...What I was playing on a regular basis. I think would have enabled me to pull off the gig... Moot point as I never got the audition.
More than a rumor...
Sounds like you are a good guitar player. Being a musician. I get that going on the road might not be an attractive option and there are a lot of good musicians out there who don't play in A-List Acts.

I remember seeing F.o.r.c.e.d MD's on Soul Train. I believe they were singing Tender Love and then started to bust out this serious beat box. Cool stuff.
By that time, my illusions of stardom had faded. I'd settled into a more stable way of life. Would have been a different story in my late teens and twenties. When I was focused on being in original bands playing original music. If I'd gotten a shot back then... I probably would have picked up and chased the dream 😉.

During those years I was very dedicated to playing. From a technical point of view...What I was playing on a regular basis. I think would have enabled me to pull off the gig... Moot point as I never got the audition.
More than a rumor...

By that time, my illusions of stardom had faded. I'd settled into a more stable way of life. Would have been a different story in my late teens and twenties. When I was focused on being in original bands playing original music. If I'd gotten a shot back then... I probably would have picked up and chased the dream 😉.
I feel timing and luck have a lot to do with it. Lots of talented players out there that no one hears and we have to settle for second rate because of timing. But sometimes they do get it right.

Do you play bass too, or just guitar? Can you thrown down some "I want you back - Jackson 5" on bass? or some Slap Bass, "You wear it Well - Debarge" . If not, what do you spend your time playing? George Benson or EVH?

I feel timing and luck have a lot to do with it. Lots of talented players out there that no one hears and we have to settle for second rate because of timing. But sometimes they do get it right.

Do you play bass too, or just guitar? Can you thrown down some "I want you back - Jackson 5" on bass? or some Slap Bass, "You wear it Well - Debarge" . If not, what do you spend your time playing? George Benson or EVH?
I can play bass... But I don't.
I only really play now when the mood strikes me. Then it would be improvising what I'm feeling. If I were to play something that others would know it would be closer to EVH.

I can play bass... But I don't.
I only really play now when the mood strikes me. Then it would be improvising what I'm feeling. If I were to play something that others would know it would be closer to EVH.
Very cool. Love me some EVH.

I ping pong back and forth between instruments. Can play jazz , blues, pop, classical etc. Love old school R&B but also love Bach. Panama is my fav VH song. I like improvising. You ever see Norman's Rare Guitars YouTube Videos? Sometime they have some good jam sessions. YouTube has some great material. There' a cat from Texas . I think his site is called Texas Blues Alley. He's got some good SRV and Hendrix stuff. I like TrueFire site too. You want a jazz guy to listen to Ted Ludwig; he is a monster.

Back