Death Penalty: For or Against

• I'm for the Death Penalty

Votes: 96 65.8%
  • I'm against the Death Penalty

Votes: 41 28.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 6.2%

• Total voters
The thing about the inquisition is the judicial system went hand in hand with religion which is a very bad mix within itself and the purpose of the holy inquisition was to root out heresy, in simple words if you don't believe in the same thing as us we're going to make an example of you until you repent your sins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition
I know what was the inquisition
I mentioned the "holy" inquisition just because somebody here loves public executions, and the inquisition perfomed public (and very cruel) executions

you will never have a sentence "without any judicial mistakes"
it's impossible: judges are human, they're not gods
Not necessarily true, If evidence against the accused is conclusive then i'd say they deserve what's coming to them because you reap what you sow.

And depending on the type of trial a judge may or may not have the final decision in a case. Trial by jury the judge will preside over the case and make sure things go smoothly while the jury makes the final decision, while a bench trial the judge will preside over the case but in the end have the final say on the verdict of the case.

But either way I believe these people were hired for a reason to be able to get the truth and hopefully since they're held up to such a high standard they should be able to do their jobs properly without ''judicial mistakes''

I know what was the inquisition
I mentioned the "holy" inquisition just because somebody here loves public executions, and the inquisition perfomed public (and very cruel) executions
The reason behind the inquisition executions was for law that was disguised as religion as I said they went hand in hand at that point in time.
In the United States of America there were public executions, they would hang criminals and outlaws that committed crimes. I wouldn't call that cruel i'd say it set an example for people not to do these things.

in every corner of the world reality shows death penalty is not appropriate just because judicial mistakes
this is the simple truth
if you believe judges are able to get the truth you live in another planet...

The reason behind the inquisition executions was for law that was disguised as religion as I said they went hand in hand at that point in time.
In the United States of America there were public executions, they would hang criminals and outlaws that committed crimes. I wouldn't call that cruel i'd say it set an example for people not to do these things.
example for people?
so why when public executions were performed in USA there were so many crimes like today? it's kind of strange
death penalty is not a determent not even in China, North Korea, Saudi Arabia and Iran

There are always going to be crimes whether there's a death penalty or not but I believe that the people committing certain crimes deserve far worse than to get a free roof over their head, get fed, and have access to many other benefits on my dollar when there are people out there in my country living on the street without a place to sleep or anything to eat.

Does that even make sense in the slightest? we send these undesirables to jail/prison on our dollar, but there are people out there that have made big mistakes in life and live out on the streets with nothing to their name.

I know who i'd rather support and put my money up for and it's for sure not a criminal that's going to go to jail only to come out and commit the same crime or worse only to go back again, no thanks.

life without parole prevents from further crimes so there's no need to have death penalty
anyway death penalty is very expensive: I know some states in USA (Nevada for example) abolished death penalty just because it's more expensive than imprisonment

life without parole prevents from further crimes so there's no need to have death penalty
anyway death penalty is very expensive: I know some states in USA (Nevada for example) abolished death penalty just because it's more expensive than imprisonment
I don't see how the death penalty could be more expensive than imprisonment i'd like to see your sources of information on that. The only way I could see that is because the US prison system is privatized and a racket within itself.

But logically it wouldn't make sense because it would be a one time cost rather than a reoccurring cost of keeping them imprisoned till they pass away.

Good sources and I see why the death penalty would cost a lot more upfront due to all the costs of the extra work that has to be put into holding the inmate and to make sure they actually prove they did what they were accused of not to mention the costs of public attorneys and what not so that makes sense.

But I still believe life without parole is letting them off very easy depending on the crimes committed.

I was raised very traditional old school European so reap what you sow was imprinted in to my brain from a young age lol

And, we can give life without parole to mass murderers so they can get female hormones, *******, and all the gay sex they want, a real "bargain" for the taxpayers who are footing the bill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Speck

And, we can give life without parole to mass murderers so they can get female hormones, *******, and all the gay sex they want, a real "bargain" for the taxpayers who are footing the bill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Speck

ok Richard Speck loved prison and gay sex but I guess 99% of inmates hate both...
anyway he spent all life until his natural death in prison and he was unable to ******* again, and that's what matters

Last edited:
I used pious as an attribute. hence pious was the correct wording

[attributive] (Of a hope) sincere but unlikely to be fulfilled. :)

Yes, but I wasn't being sincere darling, I was being sarcastic, however in the moment of your post you didn't know that; So in a sense we're both correct. :)

Edit: Excellent choice of terminology by the way, and also in actually I am against the death penalty as I feel no human is beyond redemption. Some of us are unfortunately not born with, or simply did not develop the healthy state of mind most take for granted.

Back