Death Penalty: For or Against

• I'm for the Death Penalty

Votes: 96 65.8%
  • I'm against the Death Penalty

Votes: 41 28.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 6.2%

• Total voters
I think escape proof incarceration is feasible. The message we should be giving is that killing isn't OK. I haven't seen any evidence that it has any deterrent effect, it seems that the states that have capital punishment also have the highest ******* rates. I have a concealed carry permit and I have no problem shooting someone that threatens my life. I don't have the right to go ******* anyone that poses no immediate threat. I don't think society should either. People that need to be removed from society should be removed and put safely away. Other than minimal life support there is no need to educate or amuse them because they aren't returning to society.
Nothing is escape proof.

So how does THIS thread survey compare to recent National Pollings:

pic_DEATHPENALTY-Survey.jpg

And, with the recent mass murders & threats/arrests of terrorism, do you feel the next survey will show any significant change in the public's opinion For or Against the Death Penalty?

Last edited:
As always these things are a pendulum motion. They go from large non-support to large majorities of support. National sentiment is cyclical depending on what the nation is experiencing.

The death penalty is no different. Federal penalty suspension in 1972 followed a period of death penalty non-support. I suspect we are coming to a close of a period of wide spread approval. While I do not think suspension of the death penalty is in the cards, I do think death penalty reform is. I think it's going to be a long process which states are going to have to take a hard look at sentencing reform, corrections reform and the reality of what our prisons are actually capable of in the 21st century. It's no longer practical, legal or good enough to imprison someone for life and forget about them. And as we have seen our system isn't fool proof nor escape proof (think the human element which must ALWAYS be present).

I suspect in many countries where they have no death penalty, you will find a large number of people who think there should be some mechanism in place for capital punishment. Just a theory, but the way societies are, there MUST be a good number who would support such a thing.

Nothing is escape proof.
I think it can be done. The newer Supermax's seem to have a good record. The prison the two escaped from is far from new and in what little research I have done I don't understand why it was ever even considered as a high security prison in the first place. Some of the features they exploited to escape simply don't exist in a modern high security prison. I couldn't believe the escapees apparently got access to tools left on site by outside contractors. And where to Hell were the guards? The tools required to do what they did are not silent. There should have been some noise and someone should have investigated.

High security prisons need to be located in remote areas that don't have a lot of roads, the more inhospitable the climate the better. An extremely cold or extremely hot can effectively deal with and deter any potential escapes. Most supermax keep prisoners pretty isolated and they are never moved without high level of restraint. Since most of the residents are lifers w/o parole there isn't a lot of emphasis on rehab programs that could give them the means and opportunity to escape.

I'm liberal, European and in Europe there isn't death penalty. I'm against because its barbaric, it doesn't prevent crimes and Because ******* is a crime no matter who kills who.
Life is a god's gift.

Terrorist who ******* with their bombs, baby rapists, baby killers, serial rapists, and people who go on killing rampages are just a few who deserve the death penalty.

Plus when a judge decides on a whole life tarriff, why the hell should the state be keeping their ass alive.

Admin, I call it revenge not justice. The state must apply justice not revenge. Jails are made for educate and keep criminals segregate from civil society. As I wrote before in Europe we don't have it and we don't feel in danger. God only knows how many persons (black and white) were murdered being not guilty. In USA appeals are very expensive, don't think everyone could pay it.
Anyway are opinions and I respect them all.

We don't? No where feels no danger from the kinds of criminals that deserve the death penalty, what about all the victims of heinous sex crimes, knowing that their attacker is walking the streets just a few year later, without a care in the world, while they look over their shoulder at the slightest sound behind them at night?

Why the guillotine would be way less expensive, less complicated, and much quicker method than the current "needle" ... for the most hideous and 100% guilty, like the recent Charleston, this is the only way to go. The victim's family could even be given the option to stand near the guilty party, say a few more choice words, and even pull the lever if they so desired. And please don't say this would be cruel ... I can draw you up a pretty gruesome image that would probably change your mind.

Ok, back to this execution, here's how it works ... on my mark, start counting "One second ... two seconds ... three seconds" and so on. If you get to five seconds, before the blade falls, please let me know. OK ... GO! :) See how awesomely efficient that is?
gif_YellowBallgillotine.gif ......Notice this guy apologizing. I would even place arm holes so his hands could reach through and hold the basket to catch his own, worthless head. :)

Last edited:
I'm against Death penalty just because I'm for self defense only
I don't want government "keeps" my security: I want to defense with my own hands.
I'm not a ******* heart, I don't care a damn of those who are in prison awaiting execution.

Last edited:
What about when the judge decides that the crime is so bad that there is no chance of parole?

Our process costs more to execute people than to just lock them up forever. If we think killing somebody is so bad that we have to ******* them, its society's sickness we should look at, not the person we are killing.

Our process costs more to execute people than to just lock them up forever.
The death penalty process is expensive because our legal system has complicated the process with every imaginable avenue for appeal and retrial. That's why I stated, earlier, that the death penalty should be reserved specifically and only for those where there is a 0% doubt of their innocents. For example the recent Boston Marathon & Charleston church killings. The only reason to delay and possibly grant life imprisonment (but not retrial) for these type of individuals would be IF the individuals could identify and help convict an accomplice.

Last edited:
There's a big difference between premeditated ******* and *******, and my position is that the death penalty would be reserved specifically for those who knowingly planned out their bad deeds and followed through with them.

There's a big difference between premeditated ******* and *******, and my position is that the death penalty would be reserved specifically for those who knowingly planned out their bad deeds and followed through with them.
The difference between ******* and premeditated vary significantly from state to state. In my home state of Wisconsin second degree ******* is very rare. Under Wisconsin law premeditation can take place during the act. If you and I were in boxing ring and I knocked you on your ass and I said "Die you SOB" and you subsequently died that would be sufficient evidence to convict me of premeditated *******. Even if the act was initially a friendly competition.

In NC, you would not be convicted of premeditated ******* unless you had specialized training in inflicting a deadly blow, and specifically said your intent was to do so. Actually, your example as stated, would be probably treated, at worse, as voluntary manslaughter.

Premeditated *******

Premeditated ******* is the crime of wrongfully and intentionally causing the death of another human being (also known as *******) after rationally considering the timing or method of doing so, in order to either increase the likelihood of success, or to evade detection or apprehension. State laws in the United States vary as to definitions of "premeditation." .....Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premeditated_murder

I use the Boston Marathon Bombing & Charleston church mass murders as examples of premeditated murders documented with condemning evidence enough to convict and sentence under a death sentence.

ps: I think I could dance around in a ring long enough to watch you end up grabbing your chest and have that "big one" you talk about. You shouldn't expect mouth-to-mouth from "da Mac" if you did ... gif_Yellowball-dancing2.gif

Last edited:
In NC, you would not be convicted of premeditated ******* unless you had specialized training in inflicting a deadly blow, and specifically said your intent was to do so. Actually, your example as stated, would be probably treated, at worse, as voluntary manslaughter.

Premeditated *******

Premeditated ******* is the crime of wrongfully and intentionally causing the death of another human being (also known as *******) after rationally considering the timing or method of doing so, in order to either increase the likelihood of success, or to evade detection or apprehension. State laws in the United States vary as to definitions of "premeditation." .....Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premeditated_murder

I use the Boston Marathon Bombing & Charleston church mass murders as examples of premeditated murders documented with condemning evidence enough to convict and sentence under a death sentence.

ps: I think I could dance around in a ring long enough to watch you end up grabbing your chest and have that "big one" you talk about. You shouldn't expect mouth-to-mouth from "da Mac" if you did ... View attachment 604130
I think I could get you into a corner and have a little fun with you.

I have had one Hell of a life. I have done and seen things you wouldn't believe. If it got down to the end game and my life depended on you I think I would rather just die than have to live the rest of my life owing you for saving me. However if the situation was reversed I would likely perform CPR on you. The chest compressions frequently cause fractured ribs so if I succeeded in saving you it would be a win win for me.

So if we were to have a friendly boxing match it would be safer for me to have the match in NC rather than WI

Back