Biraciality — All Mixed Up: What Do We Call People Of Multiple Backgrounds?

People yo. This is crazy to even think about. We all got something in us
I got Indian in me and you can't and white in me. My grandmother had green eyes.
Agreed, I consider myself a European mutt after researching my family history. It reads like a Lifetime special original... lol

since the idea of interracial couplings that the biracial c hildren that will be born of these couplings, will one day be the race that runs the world, a world that will not know racism as all will be of the same race: biracial; human beings, people...not black, not white, not mulatto, not chinese, nor japanese nor anything but people. men and women. people. no racial divide whatsoever
Your idea is a nice thought experiment but completely neglecting human behavior. If people want to set themselves apart from others they will always come up with criteria that would satisfy their definition of difference. This is not restricted to skin color. It is in the brains. :(

Interesting read. I'm not biracial personally, but I have two parents from two different countries and I was born in a third country and so I can relate to this to a certain extent, psychologically speaking.

Did you ever feel like neither side truly accepted you or anything like that?

Warm regards
There is always the confusion between nationality and race/ethnicity. Having parents from different countries and being born in a country different from them, does not necessarily mean you are of a different race. I was born and raised in Trinidad, my dad was born in Grenada, while my mom was born in Trinidad as well. However, we are all black, but I'm not half Grenadadian, half Trinidadian, I'm simply black and Trinidadian. So if one parent was from say, England, and one Jamaica, and you were born in Russia, you are Russian, not 1/3 Russian, 1/3 English, or 1/3 Jamaican. The mix is only relative to what their races are such as white or black etc.

It is ridiculous how someone gets 'offended' by words, so they then make up new 'inoffensive' words to replace them, and then a decade later, someone else gets 'offended' by the new 'inoffensive' word and repeats the process over again.

I grew up adjacent to a mining area which was initially very segregated. There were camps that were slavic next to camps that were italian next to camps that were polish next to camps that were czech next to camps that were black and ones that were chinese and on and on....except none of them used any such 'acceptable' terms to refer to each other, or to themselves for that matter. Everyone at that time "identified" as something that has long since been declared to be "derogatory" by people who likely couldn't even identify where they came from on a map. The area was and still is referred to as the "little balkins.'' Over a couple of generations the entire area became mixed just as if you dumped everyone into a blender. Genealogy is fascinating and well thought people are proud of their heritage. It's far from being 'derogatory'

Back