Why aren’t there black men boating at the lakes?

After retiring, I have been sailing and boating our 3 great lakes for years, and I've also been one summer around the Bahamas. I also did fixed friend's boats, yachts, and some strange vessels as a hobby and got well paid. True, not many of us appreciate this way of life, but this is a social matter. Only 2 friends of mine shared this wonderful hobby, but not as often as I do. The rest are all white folks. All with money. I don't know of other states, but heard Orleans used to be diverse on that level before Katrina and Bush. Hey, there used to be black tennis players in this country. Yeah, what happened?

After retiring, I have been sailing and boating our 3 great lakes for years, and I've also been one summer around the Bahamas. I also did fixed friend's boats, yachts, and some strange vessels as a hobby and got well paid. True, not many of us appreciate this way of life, but this is a social matter. Only 2 friends of mine shared this wonderful hobby, but not as often as I do. The rest are all white folks. All with money. I don't know of other states, but heard Orleans used to be diverse on that level before Katrina and Bush. Hey, there used to be black tennis players in this country. Yeah, what happened?
Your super sexy. Would love for you to be my first black sex.

Honestly there isn't alot of black guys hanging around the nations lakes because black folks culturally don't do alot of water activities like that! Sadly though especially in the inner cities there is partly a racial component to why that is but other than that time and access to a public swimming pool like the local WMCA was not available to everyone.

Right now I could probably count from among my personal friends to associates at work that at least a hand full of them both male and female cannot swim.

In fact as a military brat I myself wouldn't even know how to swim if my mom had not ****** me to swim in the first place. Every section of the base has a gymnasium with a swimming pool and fitness gym. As a baby I hated the swimming pool because it was cold and I didn't like that chlorine smell very much so when my mom who was actually a swim instructor and a lifeguard once would take us to the gymnasium on base to swim I would always opt out and go play with the weights. I was the youngest of the four and my middle sister and brother were both track stars and very fast swimmer's also. My mom came and got me from the gym and told me "I will not have one of my children not knowing how to swim"! This was definitely one of those moments as a parent where you make your baby do something that they don't like but that you know will ultimately end up beneficial to them at some point in their life. Boy the things we hated our parents for as children but appreciated when we became adults.

To spite her I would sit along the side of the pool with my feet in but still wouldn't swim! She finally just shoved me in the pool and letting me splash about until I taught myself how to doggy paddle about and was drown proof. I could never get the whole flutter kick swim technique down like my older siblings who would race each other across the pool but instead I swam like a frog and became the strongest underwater swimmer in the family. I could never even think about attempting to race any of my siblings in the pool but I can hold my breath longer and swim the length of the pool multiple times before coming up for air.

This is also the reason why you don't see a large number of black men in the special forces community because it has a high demand for swimming skills and the brotha's just don't do water like that. Believe it or not alot of black men who were in the service actually learned to swim in basic training. That had one whole side of the pool dedicated to teaching soldiers how to swim. In the Marine Corps I passed every swim qualification for the special forces Recon but the damn rescue swim. So between that could ass water and a big meat head instructor ******* my ass out underwater and drowning me during simulated rescue swim I did not make the team for special forces Recon in the Marine Corps but I still served as a Rifleman in the infantry.

Lastly I would like to tell you about a video that I just watched last week of a young black woman at a water park with a hand full of her girlfriends. One of her friends filmed her and the girls coming down the water slide and into the swimming pool. When the young woman in question came down the water slide the moment she landed in the poole she immediately began to splash and thrash about as though she was drowning. Her friends initially stood there watching her asking each other "what is she doing" because the pool was only waist deep and drowning didn't even cross their minds. The girl behind the camera yeld "grab her" then there was a rush to go grab her and stand her up. The look on her face said that her life just flashed before her. In my head I was thinking about how I was not surprised that one of those young black college age women couldn't swim.

So again the reason why you don't see alot of brotha's hanging out at the nation's lakes with our white counterparts is 1.historical reasons and 2.It's not uncommon that a black adult does not know how to swim so hanging out near a body of water when you could likely end up floating face down in it doesn't appeal to many of us.

Good luck with that I been trying for years, getting a black man on a boat it like tossing a cat in a pool, they don't like it apparently
Well maybe you just ask the wrong ones. Invite me!!!!! I'll drive my boat into you while we are there.

Back