Wake Up, America! Wake Up! PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle Rittenhouse wasn’t convicted because, in America, white reasoning rules​

Before sending a Kenosha, Wisconsin, jury to deliberate if Kyle Rittenhouse is a murderer, Judge Bruce Schroeder informed Rittenhouse’s hand-picked jury that his fate rests on the “privilege” of self-defense.

We now know what the jury decided.

Neither side disagreed that the 18-year-old intended to shoot Anthony M Huber, Joseph Rosenbaum and Gaige Grosskreutz. They don’t disagree that the Smith & Wesson M&P 15 is a dangerous weapon. However, under Wisconsin’s self-defense statutes, Rittenhouse was allowed to use deadly *******, even if he provoked the 25 August attack, if he “reasonably believed” it was necessary to prevent his own death. Even though he traveled to the city and walked into a chaotic scene with a killing machine

Before former Kenosha alderman Kevin Mathewson summoned “patriots willing to take up arms and defend our city from the evil thugs”, no one else had died during the unrest in his city. Before Rittenhouse killed two people and wounded another, no one else had been shot.
So, why is it reasonable to believe Rittenhouse needed a killing machine to protect himself against the “evil thugs” who were not shooting and killing people?

The “reasonable man” test derives from the description of a nondescript English character called the “man on the Clapham omnibus” – a reasonably educated, but average, hypothetical passenger on a London bus route whose thoughts and actions are defined as “ordinary”. The US supreme court case Graham v Connor enshrined this concept into law. The reason police are often acquitted of killing unarmed citizens is that they can argue that a “reasonable” police officer would have used deadly *******, even if the officer turned out to be wrong and the victim was unarmed. When I first heard this principle, the first thing I thought was: “A white person came up with this.”

Because all of our opinions are shaped and colored by our experiences, “reasonable” is a subjective notion. Only white people’s perceptions are made into a reality that everyone else must abide by. Think about how much privilege one must have for their feelings to become an actual law that governs the actions of people everywhere.

While there is no doubt about the value of the white lives Rittenhouse snuffed out, there’s also no doubt that Rittenhouse was venturing into one of the scariest, most dangerous situations those white jurors could imagine: a Black Lives Matter protest. It is easy to see how, for Rittenhouse and jurors, the victims were part of the frightening mob of “evil thugs”.

In America, it is reasonable to believe that Black people are scary.

Understanding the innate fear of Blackness embedded in the American psyche does not require legal scholarship or a judge’s explanation. This belief shapes public perception, politics and the entire criminal justice system. And it is indeed a privilege only afforded to whiteness.

You're incapable of having a decent conversation with anyone, aren't you... I am not going to be ordered to "read" by someone who obviously can't.
your racist heritage preventing you from seeing the facts?

Flags of the alt-right, white supremacists​

AP_17199454813505.jpg

AP Photo/Steve Helber

The Southern Poverty Law Center has produced a quick guide to the flags of the far right that were spotted in Charlottesville over the weekend. Take a look and see the symbols that white supremacists were waiving:

23236622-standard.jpg

White nationalist demonstrators walk through town after their rally was declared illegal near Lee Park in Charlottesville, Va., Saturday, Aug. 12, 2017. (AP Photo/Steve Helber)

Although not specifically mentioned by the SPLC report, the Confederate flag appeared in many photos of the white supremacist protests in Charlottesville over the weekend.

23238037-standard.jpg

Ben, a 21-year-old KKK member from Harrison, Arkansas, attends the rally at Emancipation Park in Charlottesville, Va. Photo by Evelyn Hockstein for The Washington Post.

How the Confederate battle flag became an enduring symbol of racism​

A man carries a confederate flag on the National Mall

A man carries a Confederate flag at the January 6 rally of President Trump's supporters that led to an armed siege of the U.S. Capitol. Although this Civil War relic has been denounced as a hate symbol, it remains popular among white supremacists and Southerners who claim it...Read More
PHOTOGRAPH BY NINA BERMAN, NOOR/REDUX

fuck I post this ...pics do not show...I hit edit...they are all there....without the pics this loses some of it's meaning

OMG, you have no idea what you're talking about, the Confederate Battle Flag (Stars and Bars) IS NOT A RACIST SYMBOL just because a few, and I mean a VERY few groups have used it to signify racism... The cry of "racist" has become a red herring... I fly one on the back of my bike, does that make me "racist"? It's been made apparent that I'm NOT, so get over yourself, Mac...

so I would say by americas standards....you are a racist MF..........get over yourself and admit it

ok copied the pics and post as pics...not sure what the last pic comes up as something not Jpg...

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

...wouldn't save or post ones from trump insurrection...try this..ah ha.....whatever the pic is this site does not support that type

Last edited:
OMG, you have no idea what you're talking about, the Confederate Battle Flag (Stars and Bars) IS NOT A RACIST SYMBOL just because a few, and I mean a VERY few groups have used it to signify racism... The cry of "racist" has become a red herring... I fly one on the back of my bike, does that make me "racist"? It's been made apparent that I'm NOT, so get over yourself, Mac...
r9.jpg

Subhub, I’ve followed the above dastardly deed closely ever since the day the act was committed!
Initially I thought there was more than a 50/50 chance that this guy was headed for long stay as a guest at a U.S. Federal Vacation Facility! Then when the presiding judge made it abundantly clear he was on the Defence Team, even to us non-U.S. Citizens with no horse in this race, the outcome was assured and the guilty would walk away scot free! American Justice? 😂 Fortunately for the accused the colour card was also a favoured shade!

Subhub, I’ve followed the above dastardly deed closely ever since the day the act was committed!
Initially I thought there was more than a 50/50 chance that this guy was headed for long stay as a guest at a U.S. Federal Vacation Facility! Then when the presiding judge made it abundantly clear he was on the Defence Team, even to us non-U.S. Citizens with no horse in this race, the outcome was assured and the guilty would walk away scot free! American Justice? 😂 Fortunately for the accused the colour card was also a favoured shade!
guilty or not I do not believe he was completely innocent....that verdict has sent a message......and i don't think a good one

Then when the presiding judge made it abundantly clear he was on the Defence Team, even to us non-U.S. Citizens with no horse in this race, the outcome was assured and the guilty would walk away scot free! American Justice?
The law was applied correctly. Here in the US Legal system, Judges don't get to make up the law...they apply it. This was a pretty clear case of self defense. You can argue he shouldn't have been there, whether it was wise to bring a rifle there, or whether god forbid he made an OK sign afterward. Legally all that is immaterial to the facts of the case...although it is effective for stirring up the clueless dolts.

The prosecution's star witness, Grosskreutz...only guy Rittenhouse shot who survived to testify....when testifying under oath was asked:

"When you were standing three to five feet from him with your arms up in the air, he never fired, right?"

Grosskreutz answer: "correct"

"It wasn't until you pointed your gun at him, advanced on him, with your gun, now your hands down pointed at him, that he fired, right?"

Grosskreutz answer: "correct"

This practically defines self defense. When your star witness admits under oath he wasn't shot until he pointed a gun at the shooter and advanced on him....we're not even remotely close to being "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt".

they wee killed because some young kid came in with his false bravado and trying to push a little and play army.....there is a vid that shows just that....but for whatever reason the judge disallowed it into the trial....there was a lot that the judge disallowed.......that is where the prosecutor got into trouble.....he tried to bring it in anyway..........judge already had his mind made up this kid was not going to jail....and jumped on the prosecutor for bringing up disallowed info

the judge guided that trial just how he wanted

you call it justice....most do not agree with you

Most DO agree with me - radical Dems do NOT - they’re for the bad guys now !!!!

Don’t even accept jury verdicts now apparently.

Back in the day is 60's -70's in my life time and in the south no the rebel flag is part of our heritage and many black people feel the same way about it
Bruh,
I asked if the saw the flag as Anti- American?

Fun Fact: I went to Robert E Lee Elementary School in Hampton, VA. The name has changed.

Back in the day is 60's -70's in my life time and in the south no the rebel flag is part of our heritage and many black people feel the same way about it
Many black people?
Wow, early for this one.

Fun Fact: I went to Robert E Lee Elementary School in Hampton VA....school mascot was Lee's horse

We shall just let those "black people" speak for themselves.

Be nice, people.
Seek solutions, over problems.
Name calling does not help.
To see if you are bias switch the people around.

We should never side with everything one is doing even if we know they are wrong.

Ok, I got a plane to catch.

they wee killed because some young kid came in with his false bravado and trying to push a little and play army.....there is a vid that shows just that....but for whatever reason the judge disallowed it into the trial....there was a lot that the judge disallowed.......that is where the prosecutor got into trouble.....he tried to bring it in anyway..........judge already had his mind made up this kid was not going to jail....and jumped on the prosecutor for bringing up disallowed info

the judge guided that trial just how he wanted

you call it justice....most do not agree with you

MOST DO

Most DO agree with me - radical Dems do NOT - they’re for the bad guys now !!!!

Don’t even accept jury verdicts now apparently.
I am just saying...guilty or not...the judge guided that jury into a verdict.....maybe it was self defense......but if it was why was the vid showing him "taunting" not allowed into court.....

say what you want.....that verdict opened a can of worms.....and rightfully so

Money owns this country....Jefferson was right ....democracy is lost when monied people take over government.....not exact words but close enough.......money already controls most of gov.....and the right is manipulating the rest....

This member of Congress wants everyone to know about the 'dark money scheme' that's 'captured' the Supreme Court​

• Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse is fighting to end the "dark money" that he says is plaguing the Supreme Court.
  • The Rhode Island Democrat is referring to private groups using anonymous donations to advance their interests at the highest court.
  • Whitehouse spoke with Insider in a recent interview to discuss his views.

For the ninth time this year, Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse gave a speech this week blasting right-wing anonymous donors whom he believes have "captured" the Supreme Court and "built" its current 6-3 conservative majority.

"Our Supreme Court is awash in dark money influence," the Rhode Island Democrat said on the Senate floor on Tuesday. "The American people may not be able to see all of the rot, but they can see enough to know that something is rotten over there across First Street at that court.

Unlike some members of his party, Whitehouse has steered clear of reform ideas such as adding more seats to the bench or setting term limits for justices. Instead, the three-term senator has been vehemently pushing for financial transparency in the third branch of government to expose how it's been influenced by a far-right conservative agenda.

Whitehouse, who chairs a key panel on the Senate Judiciary Committee, calls it a three-fold "scheme" — private groups use anonymous donations to groom Supreme Court candidates, promote and defend these nominees with political ad campaigns and later try to influence these justices in legal briefs filed without any financial disclosures.

I am just saying...guilty or not...the judge guided that jury into a verdict.....maybe it was self defense......but if it was why was the vid showing him "taunting" not allowed into court.....

say what you want.....that verdict opened a can of worms.....and rightfully so

And - - - I’m sayin - - - NOT GUILTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back