Wake Up, America! Wake Up! PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
some of these republicans will follow their leader no matter what......and apparently willing to risk their lives over it...…..trouble is they want the rest of the country to follow.....guess if they get it they want everyone to have it
If half a million brits cancel their holidays they may think again.

you would think this might tell some of those in Florida something.....but I guess since most are wealthy they think they can buy their way out of it?

Inside nursing homes, coronavirus brings isolation and 7,300 deaths

Throughout March, sirens blared day and night in Brooklyn, as paramedics responded to the Cobble Hill Health Center. In Virginia's Henrico County, firefighters saw 911 calls spike from nearby Canterbury Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center. And in rural western New Jersey, an anonymous tip came to police about a body being stored in a shed outside the Andover Subacute and Rehabilitation Center.

These were some of the early signs of what is now a grim but clear reality: The novel coronavirus is exacting an enormous toll on nursing homes around the U.S., turning bingo rooms and fluorescent-lit cafeterias into viral stalking grounds for some of the nation's most frail and elderly citizens

Now, that toll is impossible to miss. At least 7,300 people living in long-term care have died in the COVID-19 outbreak, a survey of state records by ABC News found. The actual count is very likely far higher, advocates for seniors believe, in part because the available data only covers 19 states where governors' offices and state departments of health have kept track. Other states do not yet report this data and did not reply to requests for this information.

As shocking reports of new clusters surface, lawmakers are demanding answers and advocates for the elderly are pleading for action to halt a rising death toll they called "absolutely devastating."

"I've never been so concerned about anything in my career," said Richard Mollot, executive director of the Long Term Care Community Coalition.

The numbers, bleak as they are, do not tell the story of worry, grief and fear that has faced those living in long term care and the relatives who wait outside, often with limited information about their loved ones.

If half a million brits cancel their holidays they may think again.

if the death toll rises over this.....and it very well could.....a lot of people might want to rethink.....I know here.....and this is a redneck republican state..……..when I go out...I wear a mask....and I still don't go out very much...….but no matter where you go or no matter what kind of store.....activity as usual....and no masks

I have survived a lot in my lifetime....but I am at that age where I am a good target for one...have some underlying conditions...….and you get this just like the flu......boom....you got it and never knew for it for a while....and this one a lot more deadly.....so for me ...I am willing to take a lot more precautions.....but for those needing an income.....I really sympathize…….and not sure what the answer is.....I think here ( a very corrupt red neck state with a serious budget problem)….a lot of that unemployment money is going into the states pockets and not to the people needing it.....the only thing ths state has done is close schools...…..something that has been an issue here for a couple of years....teacher pay....

this is the only real way....but trump against it...says not needed...but yet less than 1% of the country checked

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos says more coronavirus testing needed to 'help get economy back up and running'

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos says the U.S. needs much more coronavirus testing before the nation can restart the economy amid an ongoing pandemic.

The online retailing giant's founder made the assessment in his annual letter to shareholders, released Thursday. Amazon is creating its own lab to increase testing for COVID-19 and hopes to test all employees, Bezos says.

"Regular testing on a global scale, across all industries, would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running," he said. "For this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available. If every person could be tested regularly, it would make a huge difference in how we fight this virus. Those who test positive could be quarantined and cared for, and everyone who tests negative could re-enter the economy with confidence."

President Donald Trump is expected to issue guidelines Thursday about the opening up of the U.S. economy, which has been shut down to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Trump's goal to "reopen" the country has run counter to some advice from public health officials and governors.

Amazon hopes to start testing "small numbers of our frontline employees soon," he said. But Bezos said he was unsure whether Amazon would meet its goal of testing all employees in "the relevant timeframe, but we think it’s worth trying, and we stand ready to share anything we learn."

The company hired 100,000 additional workers in March and is currently looking to employ another 75,000 to meet demand stoked by stay-at-home initiatives across the nation.

But the company has faced criticism from some employees for not keeping them safe in the workplace, whether it be Amazon warehouses or Whole Foods Markets, the grocery chain Amazon acquired in June 2017.

Amazon has increased pay for workers during the pandemic and earlier this month began issuing face masks to employees, giving them temperature checks as protective measures.

"Consulting closely with medical experts and health authorities, we’ve made over 150 significant process changes in our operations network and Whole Foods Market stores to help teams stay healthy, and we conduct daily audits of the measures we’ve put into place," Bezos said in his letter.

On Wednesday, Amazon said it would “temporarily” suspend all activity in France, where it has six warehouses, after a French court ruled it wasn’t doing enough to protect workers. Amazon, which his appealing the ruling, said in a statement “We are requesting employees of our distribution centers to stay at home. (In) the longer term, we will evaluate the impact of that (court) decision for them and our French logistic network.”

Before the pandemic, Amazon was already among the nation's quartet of trillion-dollar companies. It currently is valued at $1.15 trillion, just behind Microsoft and Apple, at $1.31 trillion and $1.24 trillion, respectively, according to S&P Global Market Intelligence. Alphabet, parent company of Google, is valued at $866 billion.

Amazon shares have risen 21% so far this year, hitting a record high Wednesday of $2,333.

if the death toll rises over this.....and it very well could.....a lot of people might want to rethink.....I know here.....and this is a redneck republican state..……..when I go out...I wear a mask....and I still don't go out very much...….but no matter where you go or no matter what kind of store.....activity as usual....and no masks

I have survived a lot in my lifetime....but I am at that age where I am a good target for one...have some underlying conditions...….and you get this just like the flu......boom....you got it and never knew for it for a while....and this one a lot more deadly.....so for me ...I am willing to take a lot more precautions.....but for those needing an income.....I really sympathize…….and not sure what the answer is.....I think here ( a very corrupt red neck state with a serious budget problem)….a lot of that unemployment money is going into the states pockets and not to the people needing it.....the only thing ths state has done is close schools...…..something that has been an issue here for a couple of years....teacher pay....
Well most people are taking a hit. It's a case of damage limitation I think.

somehow to do this to where it will work.....they need to concentrate on tests and etc....so we can treat it just like the flu...before we get carried away and lose a big part of the population......companies do not care for your health....they are in it strictly for the money....you are expendable......

we have to grasp that corporations are not concerned with the common good. They will exploit, pollute, impoverish, repress, ******* and lie to make money.
They throw poor people out of homes, let the uninsured die, wage useless wars for profit, poison and pollute the eco system, slash social assistance programs, gut public education, trash the global economy, plunder the US treasury, and crush all popular movements that seek just for working men and women in this country.

they worship money and power!

Well most people are taking a hit. It's a case of damage limitation I think.

I know that is how most republicans are looking at it...some have said so....there will be some casualties...…...but this IS NOT WAR.....and some of those expendables they are talking about are people....most the elderly....but even so...…..I am not willing to see my ******* or my nieces and nephews get it either....and would assume most people think the same

the wealthy...just pay a little more and have things delivered...go to work and stay away from their employees...

Crowds flock to reopened Jacksonville beaches as Florida hits record coronavirus cases

Mayor Lenny Curry reopened beaches and parks in Jacksonville, Florida on Friday, after Governor Ron DeSantis gave the green light for them to reopen, despite the state hitting a record number of coronavirus cases. When they opened at 5 p.m., crowds flooded the area, ignoring social distancing warnings.

Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach and Atlantic Beach are now open from 6-11 a.m. and 5-8 p.m. for "essential activities." They are closed during all other times.

More than 25,000 people in Florida have been infected with COVID-19, and schools, business and public events are all closed or canceled to try to slow its spread, according to the state Department of Health.

Curry said recreational activities consistent with social distancing guidelines such as walking, biking, hiking, fishing, running, swimming, taking care of pets and surfing are considered essential and do not contradict DeSantis' executive order. Activities such as sunbathing, grilling, and congregating in large groups are prohibited.

"This can be the beginning of the pathway back to normal life," said Curry. "Please respect and follow these limitations. Stay within the guidelines for your safety as well as for the safety of your neighbors."

well go figure.....what a surprise....
the number of people whose virus cases are on the rise......people who are still working....grocery stores.....food processing.......post office...etc.....that should tell you something about jumping back out there....better protection...and more tests!

Trump's Approval Falls Amid Coronavirus Crisis
by Katharina Buchholz,
Apr 17, 2020

In mid-April, President Donald Trumps approval ratings started falling after initally haven risen amid the coronavirus crisis. Final ratings for April are not yet available.

Comparing President Barack Obama's and President Donald Trump's approval ratings in relation to the time they've been in office, both came pretty close of each other in their third year. In early 2020, Trump's ratings picked up, hitting 49 percent at the end of January during impeachment hearings in the Senate and overtaking Obama's at the time. According to Gallup, Obama's approval rating was only 45 percent at the same time in January 2012.

Trump's approval ratings rose from a low of 39 percent in early October 2019 after formal impeachment proceedings started. Obama started his presidency at a much higher approval rating than Trump, but found himself in the same lull at 40 percent in October 2011, following low job creation and a feud with the Republicans about raising the debt-ceiling, before recovering his ratings slightly.

Trump vs. Biden

by Willem Roper,
Apr 9, 2020

Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders suspended his campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination on April 8. With his departure, the stage is almost certainly set for a showdown between former Vice President Joe Biden and current President Donald Trump.
Preliminary general election polls have all favored Biden against Trump over the last couple of weeks. The most recent poll from The Economist and YouGov shows a six point lead for Biden, with 48 percent of respondents saying they’d vote for him over 42 percent of those responding with Trump. Other polls have told a similar story – Biden has an average lead of roughly six points over all recent polls, according to Real Clear Politics.

Biden Has Clear Lead Over Sanders, Trump
by Willem Roper,
Apr 1, 2020

Despite a global pandemic and erratic economic downturn, the presidential race continues. New polls continue to show former Vice President Joe Biden distancing himself from Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders to become the clear Democratic leader to take on President Trump in November.
In an aggregate of new March polls, Biden is leading Sanders by 21 percentage points with just a couple months before the Democratic National Convention. Biden also possesses a clear lead in total delegates earned thus far, and ongoing virus concerns have seemingly made it much harder for Sanders to catch up via debates or new state votes. Some states, like Ohio and New York, have pushed their primary votes to a later date.
Polls comparing Biden to his potential general election counterpart also show a favorable lead. An aggregate of national polls shows Biden with over a 6-point lead over Trump. Sanders, if he were to win the nomination, is also favorably ahead of Trump by over 5 points.

Trump approval rating drops as coronavirus drags on, poll says
https://nypost.com/2020/04/11/trump-approval...
Apr 11, 2020 · The results reflect those of the RealClear Politics polling average, where Trump hit his all-time approval high of 47.3 percent on March 31 as the coronavirus crisis took hold — but has dipped ..

Trump Approval Ratings Plummet 13 Points On Coronavirus
https://www.politicususa.com/2020/03/28/point...
– His net approval on coronavirus has fallen 13 points over the course of the week (from +10 to -3). ... The drop in Trump’s approval rating reflects how the national situation is ...

Trump's approval rating sliding as criticism mounts over ...
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/...
Apr 08, 2020 · Trump's approval rating sliding as criticism mounts over White House response to coronavirus pandemic. Majority of Americans also say White House is not doing good job of handling nationwide Covid ...

Trump Approval Ratings: President’s Favorability Drops ...
https://www.ibtimes.com/trump-approval-ratings...
President Trump’s approval ratings have dropped across the board as the coronavirus outbreak spreads across the United States. The latest Economist/YouGov poll shows 54% disapproval for Trump

Trump approval rating for handling economy slips to 48 ...
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/491875...
10 days ago · Forty-eight percent of Americans said they approved of how Trump was handling the economy, down from 54 percent when the same question was asked in March. It's the first time since September and...

Trump approval dips as Americans question his handling of ...
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/...
9 days ago · WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump's job approval has taken a negative turn as a growing number of Americans harbor doubts about his handling of the coronavirus crisis. After seeing a

well go figure.....what a surprise....
the number of people whose virus cases are on the rise......people who are still working....grocery stores.....food processing.......post office...etc.....that should tell you something about jumping back out there....better protection...and more tests!
Distance and decontamination. Didn't have those those classes in the army when you served

Trump approval rating for handling economy slips to 48 ...
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/491875...
10 days ago · Forty-eight percent of Americans said they approved of how Trump was handling the economy, down from 54 percent when the same question was asked in March. It's the first time since September and...

Trump approval dips as Americans question his handling of ...
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/...
9 days ago · WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump's job approval has taken a negative turn as a growing number of Americans harbor doubts about his handling of the coronavirus crisis. After seeing a
Keep thinking that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back