Wake Up, America! Wake Up! PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walther P38​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1.jpgThe Walther P38 (originally written Walther P.38) is a 9 mm semi-automatic ******* that was developed by Carl Walther GmbH as the service ******* of the Wehrmacht at the beginning of World War II. It was intended to replace the costly Luger P08, the production of which was scheduled to end in 1942.

Development[edit]​

The first designs submitted to the German Army featured a locked breech and a hidden hammer, but the Heer (German Army) requested that it be redesigned with an external hammer.
The P38 concept was accepted by the German military in 1938 but production of prototype ("Test") pistols did not begin until late 1939. Walther began manufacture at their plant in Zella-Mehlis and produced three series of "Test" pistols, designated by a "0" prefix to the serial number. The third series pistols satisfactorily solved the previous problems for the Heer and mass production began in mid-1940, using Walther's military production identification code "480".
Several experimental versions were later created in .45 ACP, and .38 Super, but these were never mass-produced. In addition to the 9×19mm Parabellum version, some 7.65×21mm Parabellum and some .22 Long Rifle versions were also manufactured and sold.

1*rePjYV_GSlzsBpr2Sw8IzQ.jpeg
At top and above—Luger pistols. Thomas Quine, Askild Antonsen/Flickr photos
The Luger is a recoil-operated, locked breech, semi-automatic handgun with an eight-round capacity. It has a unique toggle-lock action, which uses a jointed arm to lock the weapon, instead of the slide action used by almost every other semi-auto ******* in the world.
Luger got his initial idea for the ******* from Hugo Borchardt, designer of the bizarre-looking C-93. Borchardt’s ******* was powerful and accurate, but heavy, awkward to hold and very expensive to produce. Luger took the complex toggle-lock action, simplified it, angled the ******* grip at 55 degrees—to make the weapon more comfortable to hold—and produced the gun in a smaller package.

I've always wanted to fire a Luger... Shot lots of guns, but never a Luger... Anyone here shot one? Surely you have @blkdlaur? Something tells me that they would be prone to jamming, but Idk.

Yup P08 - best balanced ******* I’ve ever worked with - but the toggle bolt is a lil finicky and they do jam - great lookin relic and worth a small fortune for the WW1 and WW2 versions - P-38 is a WAY better shooter.

I have 3 .380"s a .22 deringer......a 9m for my wife....and my fav is my Citadel M1911 a1

for those not familar with the a1....the barrel is an inch shorter
My wife is on her 3rd gun, the first was a S&W m&p .380, EXTREMELY heavy trigger, really terrible little gun, the second was a Springfield 9mm, excellent weapon, but she couldn't rack the slide, same with her first one... We finally found the perfect fit, a snub nose Taurus .357 mag revolver!

Ran into the same problem with my woman - wheel gun is the best answer there - easier and no worries about clearing jams.

My wife is on her 3rd gun, the first was a S&W m&p .380, EXTREMELY heavy trigger, really terrible little gun, the second was a Springfield 9mm, excellent weapon, but she couldn't rack the slide, same with her first one... We finally found the perfect fit, a snub nose Taurus .357 mag revolver!
well she has been through several herself.......was into the farm store a couple weeks ago.......and they had a neat little 380.....it had a hammer........but would still shoot if you just pulled the trigger....so I bought it....get home...it weighs alot less than the other 380....and she doesn't like it.........so she sticks with the 9mm....she can not pull it back to reload if she had to.........but it holds 7 shots...with one in the chamder.....i figure most burglers do not want a gun fight...most probably not armed.....and in this state they have all kinds of ways of killing people...we are in the top 5.........but I told her most likely after a shot or 2 they will be gone

I thouight I wanted one of those Tauars revolver that holds 3 .410 shells....seemed neat to me.......friend bought one......and said pretty hard to hold onto shooting one round......you have to get a new grip before you can fire the second round....so decided I didn't want one after all.....now i want one of those lever action .410's....don't know why....got more guns than i need now.......and for reasons i won't go into....stupid for me to buy more.....i got 2 lever action 30-30's in being blued....took them in about 4 months ago....near impossible to find anyone to blue anymore that does a good job....he thought he would have them for me by hunting season.....now he said he would definately have them for me before christmas.......hope so...old retired gun smith....does about 10 a month and thats all........take care of that blue and wipe them down....blueing getting scarce

well she has been through several herself.......was into the farm store a couple weeks ago.......and they had a neat little 380.....it had a hammer........but would still shoot if you just pulled the trigger....so I bought it....get home...it weighs alot less than the other 380....and she doesn't like it.........so she sticks with the 9mm....she can not pull it back to reload if she had to.........but it holds 7 shots...with one in the chamder.....i figure most burglers do not want a gun fight...most probably not armed.....and in this state they have all kinds of ways of killing people...we are in the top 5.........but I told her most likely after a shot or 2 they will be gone

Trouble with autos and women is a lot of them can’t rack the slide so if they catch a misfire - failure to extract or a stove pipe jam they’re kinda screwed - with a wheel gun even if ya caught a misfire ya just pull thru and there’s another round ready to go.

I thouight I wanted one of those Tauars revolver that holds 3 .410 shells....seemed neat to me.......friend bought one......and said pretty hard to hold onto shooting one round......you have to get a new grip before you can fire the second round....so decided I didn't want one after all.....now i want one of those lever action .410's....don't know why....got more guns than i need now.......and for reasons i won't go into....stupid for me to buy more.....i got 2 lever action 30-30's in being blued....took them in about 4 months ago....near impossible to find anyone to blue anymore that does a good job....he thought he would have them for me by hunting season.....now he said he would definately have them for me before christmas.......hope so...old retired gun smith....does about 10 a month and thats all........take care of that blue and wipe them down....blueing getting scarce

Ya can NEVER have too many guns or
TRI-FIVES ;}

Trouble with autos and women is a lot of them can’t rack the slide so if they catch a misfire - failure to extract or a stove pipe jam they’re kinda screwed - with a wheel gun even if ya caught a misfire ya just pull thru and there’s another round ready to go.
she can not work the slide.........but i have fired a few hundred rounds through this thing and no misfire
if it does lock and or misfires...i keep the gun cabinet in the bedroom.....2 .380's in there...loaded with a round in the chamber....about 4 steps from the bed

she can not work the slide.........but i have fired a few hundred rounds through this thing and no misfire
if it does lock and or misfires...i keep the gun cabinet in the bedroom.....2 .380's in there...loaded with a round in the chamber....about 4 steps from the bed

Hate to sound like a chauvinist (which I am) but most women like the simplicity of a wheel gun I have found over the years - and - they can load it and cut loose themselves unaided - operate it in general much easier because it’s less complicated than semi-autos - just sayin.

Sub - believe that Taurus wheel gun yer talkin bout can be loaded with 5 - .410s or 5 - .45 Long Colt
may be right....but after seeing his and hearing about it decided i didn't want one........I really do need to get a .410 though...both neighbors have one...we have a lot of trouble with the squirels so we all decided we were going to shooy on site....right now i use an old double barrell..i just keep loaded by the door for that........one neighbor went out to start his spare truck......we all have spare trucks to tow with...anyway they had chewed all the wires off the injectors....so i was going to load him mine...wouldn't start..open hood.....walnuts leaves and etc...could not see distributer...clean it out they had chewed all the plug wires....we are getting them thined out now though

Hate to sound like a chauvinist (which I am) but most women like the simplicity of a wheel gun I have found over the years - and - they can load it and cut loose themselves unaided - operate it in general much easier because it’s less complicated than semi-autos - just sayin.
friend has an old police revolver I thought about buying he was going to sell me cheap.......38.....you can buy those buckshot shells for a .38.......it would should snake and rat shells....although have no rats and rarely see snakes anymore....so didn't buy it

may be right....but after seeing his and hearing about it decided i didn't want one........I really do need to get a .410 though...both neighbors have one...we have a lot of trouble with the squirels so we all decided we were going to shooy on site....right now i use an old double barrell..i just keep loaded by the door for that........one neighbor went out to start his spare truck......we all have spare trucks to tow with...anyway they had chewed all the wires off the injectors....so i was going to load him mine...wouldn't start..open hood.....walnuts leaves and etc...could not see distributer...clean it out they had chewed all the plug wires....we are getting them thined out now though

Damned rodents - hate when they chew up the wires - had chipmunks do that before - .410 lever action sounds just bout right for them thar miscreants I would say ;}

I think Henry makes a .410 lever action but ya told me ya had back luck with the Henry ya bought. Pretty sure Rossi makes a lever action that can shoot .45 Long Colt and .410. Might be a wheel gun though can’t remember now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back