Splash Mocha, Ft. Lauderdale, FL August 20 - 23 - Canceled due to COVID-19

South Florida is still a fun place to visit for those who can’t cancel their plans !!! Exercising all the covid-19 guidelines, one can still have fun. South Beach, Haulover, Blindcreek and Playalinda will all be open by then and if that doesn’t work most bars and restaurants have outside seating. For the visitors, the locals can be your guide.

Hello Everyone,

Splash Mocha in Ft. Lauderdale, August 20-23, 2020 has been canceled due to COVID-19.

Sincerely,

Your Splash Mocha Team
We're very sorry for any hardship this may cause you, your staff, hotel staff, any guests who'd already booked trips, etc. We applaud your efforts, both to have a great event, and also to be safe and responsible. Best wishes and we hope to catch another one with you in the future!

Well it’s Offical, FantasyFest has been cancelled. Even hurricanes haven’t done that !!

Well, not completely accurate. We were in Key West in 2005 when Wilma hit. We had driven our motor home across the country for the event. We were evacuated from Key West and Fantasy Fest was canceled in October. They did have a small Fantasy Fest in December. So I guess technically it was rescheduled not canceled.

We were hoping to be able to go to Caliente this year. We were going to be there in April. We have reservations for October, but I doubt now that we'll be able to go. It really pisses me off. We made the sacrifice, and we were just about there. Other countries made it, but some just decided it was too hard! Now we are starting over and it's much worse than what it was. At some point, we are going to have to come together and stop politicizing medical issues!

Well, not completely accurate. We were in Key West in 2005 when Wilma hit. We had driven our motor home across the country for the event. We were evacuated from Key West and Fantasy Fest was canceled in October. They did have a small Fantasy Fest in December. So I guess technically it was rescheduled not canceled.

We were hoping to be able to go to Caliente this year. We were going to be there in April. We have reservations for October, but I doubt now that we'll be able to go. It really pisses me off. We made the sacrifice, and we were just about there. Other countries made it, but some just decided it was too hard! Now we are starting over and it's much worse than what it was. At some point, we are going to have to come together and stop politicizing medical issues!
You’re correct !! It was rescheduled !!

Unfortunately, until we get our head out of our ass, and start listening to doctors instead of politicians there won't be any events. This could and should have been controlled by now. The people who refuse to wear masks because it's not manly have set us back a year or longer. We are no longer welcome in many countries, as this gets worse we won't be going anywhere. We have no one to blame but our own stupidity.

Unfortunately, until we get our head out of our ass, and start listening to doctors instead of politicians there won't be any events. This could and should have been controlled by now. The people who refuse to wear masks because it's not manly have set us back a year or longer. We are no longer welcome in many countries, as this gets worse we won't be going anywhere. We have no one to blame but our own stupidity.

Sigh..

I fall into the category of believing wearing a mask to "control this thing" is stupidity. It's rhetoric like this that makes me see a civil war coming. The masks vs the non-masks. I just hope people stop getting their facts from CNN and similar sources.

Back