Shadows DC

KatyMisbehavin

Couple
Real Person
Gold Member
Planning date night out with hotel in DC on the 18th...anyone recommend Shadows? Is this a place for Newbies with no experience? They don't seem to be advertising any events beyond one week which makes me skeptical... I had a couple reach out last year that was planning on going, but I've got an inbox nightmare here and can't find them now, sorry! ...anyone with a report? Was thinking of just suggesting it to the husband after dinner and a bottle of wine, which also might not be quite the best approach. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Yes I was on their site, that was why I was a bit concerned...they don't show any upcoming events...at least not as of now. They go through last week then it cycles backwards to Septmeber events so not sure what might be happening there for the night I'm planning out. They do seem to advertise a hotwife night which seems fun :)

Planning date night out with hotel in DC on the 18th...anyone recommend Shadows? Is this a place for Newbies with no experience? They don't seem to be advertising any events beyond one week which makes me skeptical... I had a couple reach out last year that was planning on going, but I've got an inbox nightmare here and can't find them now, sorry! ...anyone with a report? Was thinking of just suggesting it to the husband after dinner and a bottle of wine, which also might not be quite the best approach. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Not sure if you went, I've gone twice... its not bad... its not good... its in between
Rather small, their crowd is a mix of swingers and clubbers which doesn't mix well...Tabu is better, I've heard that friction is good

Sadly this area lacks a great swingers club. Shadows is small, but ok. Friday nights offer a better opportunity if you’re hunting for a single male or BBC.
Tabu is also average. As the only choice in the Baltimore area, it can get busy. It’s not cheap. The music is usually so loud you can’t have a conversation if you’re trying to meet someone new. The play rooms fill up fast. When they do, they have time limits. This is understandable, but it’s a real mood killer when you’re mid play.
There are local house parties. These can be fun, but because they aren’t dedicated clubs finding play space (especially private) can be very difficult. Some allow more single men and some of them can be creepers.
All options are a little more fun if you bring some playmates w you.

I was assuming we could drop in and just watch and see what happens...are these places somewhat casual or are there going to be a lot of expectations?
I ended up going to their Queen of Spades night in mid-November. It was not bad for a first time, interracial couples were definitely the minority, though, which was to my surprise, they didn't seem to mind considering how many gangbangs occurred throughout the night, one hotwife draining at least half a dozen guys that night. It was an overall good first experience just entering the scene... and there's also free whiskey all night, I'm not much of a drinker but it was nice to have at convenience. Overall 7/10 experience, especially being able to just drop in without recommedations or gate-keeping.

I’m new to the area and lifestyle so I would love to hear your experience visiting there. I’m a newbie and haven’t built up the nerve to go yet so any feedback or tips would be much appreciated haha

We got a late start on dinner after getting a free bottle of champagne in the room for his birthday and then taking advantage of the different bed... I suggested Shadows but he was not into it... Maybe I should have left him waiting and built up the anticipation? i don't know. Had a fun night away tho

Image2c.jpg

I ended up going to their Queen of Spades night in mid-November. It was not bad for a first time, interracial couples were definitely the minority, though, which was to my surprise, they didn't seem to mind considering how many gangbangs occurred throughout the night, one hotwife draining at least half a dozen guys that night. It was an overall good first experience just entering the scene... and there's also free whiskey all night, I'm not much of a drinker but it was nice to have at convenience. Overall 7/10 experience, especially being able to just drop in without recommedations or gate-keeping.
I would LOVE to have been that girl!!!

I would LOVE to have been that girl!!!
It was certainly intense. I was a fly on the wall that night, and though I had propositions from people to play, I was just there as an observer. There are three playrooms that have a door and a display window on each wall with curtains to close depending on if they want onlookers or not. I spent most of my night watching people play. The wife in question had her husband in the corner of the room for each new bull and he insisted on having all the curtains open and they gathered quite an audience that evening.

We got a late start on dinner after getting a free bottle of champagne in the room for his birthday and then taking advantage of the different bed... I suggested Shadows but he was not into it... Maybe I should have left him waiting and built up the anticipation? i don't know. Had a fun night away tho

View attachment 5721348
Better luck next time! Nice to see that you enjoyed yourself anyway. 😁

Back