Question: Trump Supports

In Russia probe, Congress casts wide net – including first family

No one – not even President Trump’s children – will be off limits as Congress starts to investigate purported contacts between the Trump campaign and Russian officials. “I don't think anyone is beyond the scope of what we need to look at,” said Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), the ranking Democrat on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, when asked whether the probe will look into an October appearance by Donald Trump Jr. at a French think tank with such strong ties to Russia, it nominated Vladimir Putin for a Nobel Peace Prize. Three weeks before Election Day, Trump flew to Paris to attend a gathering at the Ritz Hotel hosted by the Center of Political and Foreign Affairs (CPFA). The ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/2ec96291-3c83-3e47-a5ee-29be40b01060/in-russia-probe,-congress.html

Trump wary of Russian deal; new advisers urge tougher stand

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is telling advisers and allies that he may shelve, at least temporarily, his plan to pursue a deal with Moscow on the Islamic State group and other national security matters, according to administration officials and Western diplomats.

In conversations with diplomats and other officials, Trump and his aides have ascribed the new thinking to Moscow's recent provocations. But the reconsideration of a central tenet of his foreign policy underscores the growing political risks in forging closer relations with Russia, as long as the FBI investigates his campaign associates' connections to Moscow and congressional committees step up their inquiries into Russia's meddling in the 2016 election.

The controversy has already led to the firing of Trump's national security adviser, Michael Flynn, who misled officials about his contacts with the Russian ambassador, and to calls by Democrats for Attorney General Jeff Sessions to resign after he failed to disclose his own meetings with the envoy.

Trump's new skepticism about brokering a deal with Moscow also suggests the rising influence of a new set of advisers who have taken a tougher stance on Russia, including Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and new national security adviser H.R. McMaster. During his first meeting with National Security Council staff, McMaster described Russia — as well as China — as a country that wants to upend the current world order, according to an administration official who attended the meeting.
Michael McFaul, who served as President Barack Obama's ambassador to Russia, said that while Trump has been open about wanting warmer relations with Russia, "he hasn't picked people to the best of my knowledge at senior levels that share that view."

European allies also have been pushing the Trump administration not to make any early concessions to Russia. To bolster their case, European officials have tailored their rhetoric to appeal to Trump's business background, including emphasizing the risks of negotiating a bad deal, rather than more nuanced arguments, according to one Western diplomat. Given Trump's "America First" mantra, foreign officials emphasize how U.S. standing in the world could be diminished by making concessions to Russia instead of focusing on the importance of the U.S. and Europe sticking together to counter Moscow.

Trump, who spoke favorably about Russian President Vladimir Putin throughout the campaign, is said to have shown interest in a broad deal with Russia that could address cooperation in fighting the Islamic State, nuclear arms control agreements and Russia's provocations in Ukraine. But in recent days, the administration has signaled that the moment for such a deal may not be right.
In an Oval Office meeting last week, Trump told advisers that Russia's recent violation of a Cold War-era arms control treaty was among the complicating factors. In February, the Trump administration accused Russia of violating the 1987 Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty by deploying a cruise missile.

A White House official confirmed the discussion, saying that Trump believes the treaty violation is making a diplomatic and security agreement with Russia "tougher and tougher to achieve." Top administration officials have also echoed that message in conversations with some allies, according to diplomats.

The president and his advisers have yet to settle on a formal approach to Russia and discussions about how to proceed are still in early phases, a second White House official said.

The officials and Western diplomats insisted on anonymity in order to discuss private discussions and deliberations.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/amid-firestorm-trump-appears-waiver-russia-deal-082110082.html

taking a little heat maybe?.... and seeing the Russia thing might be his downfall?

Should Trump convincingly bring back millions of jobs to the US and everyone in the America who wanted work could find it with a full pension, restore American infrastructure to the point it's blinding and sparkling as it's recently newly built and to stand as a prize game hunter like after a safari hunt standing upon all the thousands of dead corpses who were all DAESH ( aka ISIS ) members, I bet after all that @subhub174014 would still find fault with Trump. I know you find fault with him in all ways, but if you would temporarily suspend that opinion for a second, would you care to suggest what thing(s) he can do as president where you can rightfully say he did a good job as president?

Should Trump convincingly bring back millions of jobs to the US and everyone in the America who wanted work could find it with a full pension
well that was his promise.... but todate he has not... the jobs he brags about now were already in motion before he even became the nominee... so actually he hasn't done ******* on the jobs thing! BUT if he were to do something to help in the job market... yes me and a lot of others would come down on him a lot less

restore American infrastructure to the point it's blinding and sparkling as it's recently newly built
well the sad part of that is.... even back to McCain... everyone has said we need to do it!.... And Obama put a program in front of congress to do just that.... but was told no money!... I even brought that up on this board and people here said it would not create jobs.... not sure where they are getting their info but....anyway yes the infrastructure needs a lot of work..... but it does take money... and with his wall... tax cuts to his friends and etc.... not sure we can take it!

thousands of dead corpses who were all DAESH ( aka ISIS ) members
a lot of the ISOIs plans and destruction... again were already in the works... yes he is planning something... but I hope it works better than his last raid that he slept through while people were getting killed!

I bet after all that @subhub174014 would still find fault with Trump
I still think he cut a deal with Russia...and for that I will never like the guy.... BUT if it comes to pass that he didn't.... he can just move into my anti-republican status... and no longer hate him so much!

would you care to suggest what thing(s) he can do as president where you can rightfully say he did a good job as president?
the health care would be a good start.... take a bunch of the crooks back out of the cabinet he just appointed... after all he was going to drain the swamp.... quit offending our allies.... take care of crimea and show people that the us still stands by it's friends.... right now he is on course to hurt the economy more than help it.... he needs to make some drastic changes there!... and I won't even go into the immigration thing!
guess that about sums it up.... get off the fucking ego trip... quit with twitter and get down to fucking business....
is that what you wanted to hear?

the health care would be a good start.... take a bunch of the crooks back out of the cabinet he just appointed... after all he was going to drain the swamp.... quit offending our allies.... take care of crimea and show people that the us still stands by it's friends.... right now he is on course to hurt the economy more than help it.... he needs to make some drastic changes there!... and I won't even go into the immigration thing! guess that about sums it up.... get off the fucking ego trip... quit with twitter and get down to fucking business....is that what you wanted to hear?

Positive criticism you offered here is better than all the other hate against Trump where he'd always be in a zugzwang position where he could never win so I'd have to like it. :bounce: I was expecting you to be not so generous.

I was expecting you to be not so generous.
you asked a simple question.... nothing sarcastic... I answered the same!
but like I said.... right now it is looking like he conspired with Russia..... and for that he could never be ok in my book...but if it turns out he didn't... by an independent council.... then i'm over it!

you asked a simple question.... nothing sarcastic... I answered the same!
but like I said.... right now it is looking like he conspired with Russia..... and for that he could never be ok in my book...but if it turns out he didn't... by an independent council.... then i'm over it!
Ok.

you are to twisted to even read!
the numbers are right when they said most trump supporters were poorly educated
I think maybe you have some "issues" and just want to get on here and argue about something
yeah they have issues with dumbasses like you and so we voted. YOU HAVE BEEN TRUMPED!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN TRUMPED!!!
the country has been trumped.... you are just to blind to see it.... tell me one thing he has done for you!... or for the working class.... nothing... except lie and deceive!
you always make a lot of wild statements and bullshit... post a reason for believing in the liar and Russian plant!

you know you could probably best help your god by moving to Russia and learning the language.... he will need someone who speaks Russian when he is serving time and communicating with his lawyer... who would probably be russian

Last edited:
This is where alternative facts fail

There’s a vigorous debate underway in America about whether facts matter. Here’s why they do and always will.
You might be able to win a Twitter battle with alternative facts, as President Trump has arguably demonstrated. Trump’s latest dubious assertion is that President Obama ordered the phones tapped at the Trump campaign’s headquarters last year. People who ought to know say that didn’t happen, but Trump seems to have used the self-generated controversy to deflect attention from criticism of his attorney general and other controversies. Don’t expect him to back down.

The use of alternative facts helped Trump win the presidential election last year, and as president he has continued to lie about nonexistent voter fraud, an escalating ******* rate that’s actually declining, terrorist attacks that didn’t happen, the “biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan” (except for five others), and of course a record inauguration crowd that wasn’t.
These aren’t accidents or mistakes. Trump plainly believes he can say whatever he wants and his supporters won’t care. Trump defenders back that up, to some extent, saying it’s a mistake to interpret Trump literally. Instead, they praise Trump’s vow to dismantle the broken establishment and say his methods don’t really matter. Trump, for his part, seems to realize that every public lie he utters intensifies his conflict with the know-it-all fact-checkers in the media, which boosts his standing among core supporters who view the media as part of the problem.

Fact-defenders are tearing their hair out in the Trump era, but they will prevail, because there’s one part of our socioeconomic life where fake facts don’t cut it: the market. You can’t lie your way to prosperity, at least not legally, and you’ll actually harm your well-being if you make important decisions about your economic life based on bogus propaganda. This is happening now.
Experienced investors know that asset prices can, in fact, rise on hype, deception and wishful thinking. But the market always corrects for this, often in profound and disastrous ways. It even overcorrects sometimes. The housing bubble of the early 2000s ended in the devastating financial crash of 2008. Oil prices soared above $100 per barrel in 2014, before the market noticed all the new supply coming online from US shale, sending prices down by 75% and causing widespread hardship in the energy industry.
The stock market may even now be overestimating the eventual impact of tax cuts, deregulation and other business-friendly moves Trump has promised. Trump has clearly talked up stocks, highlighting investors’ susceptibility to a good story. But sugar highs are always temporary, and the story can change quickly once the storyteller loses credibility.
A lot of ordinary Americans will be on the losing side of Trump’s propaganda if they base important decisions based on what he’s promising. He says he’s going to “bring back our jobs,” as if steelworker and textile jobs from the 1980s or 1990s have just gone on vacation and will soon rematerialize in their original form. Many economists say this will never happen, because the jobs of yore barely exist in a world of robots, algorithms and thinking machines. But if you’re hurting for a job and believe Trump, you might wait for his magic to work instead of going back to school, learning new skills or moving someplace where there’s more opportunity.
The same goes for Trump’s pledge to rid the nation of undocumented immigrants so Americans can once again claim the jobs foreigners have supposedly stolen. Trump isn’t telling anybody fighting for a lower-paying job to find ways to add value to the labor they’re able to perform, which is what the market rewards. Instead, he’s promising an easy solution that requires nobody to do anything but wait for the deportation ******* to show up.

Trump’s entire mantra to “make America great again” requires nothing but voters giving him carte blanche to do what he thinks needs to be done. Let him rewrite trade deals and immigration laws. Build a border wall. Slash government. Cut taxes. Let his developer pals and new Wall Street brain trust spread prosperity far and wide, same as they’ve enriched themselves.
The market won’t buy any of this if the results aren’t real. There will be no new jobs for the “forgotten men and women” Trump vows to help unless they help themselves first. No company is going to hire workers with outdated skills unless there’s nobody else—including robots—available for must-fill jobs. Workers will never earn more unless they justify higher pay by accomplishing more. Trump can’t jawbone the market into doing what he wants any more than he can persuade water to flow uphill.
For the time being, Trump supporters are delighting at the torment the Prevaricator-in-Chief is causing the mainstream media and the usual defenders of small-t truth. But they’re unlikely to get more from Trump than a bit of passing satisfaction—and some of them are undoubtedly waiting for tangible help improving their living standards or access to opportunity. If you misdiagnose the problem, your “solution” probably won’t work.

Trump seems to be aware that he may be setting up his fans for disappointment in the event his fantastical promises don’t produce real results. One suspects this is why the world’s most powerful elected official regularly characterizes himself as a victim—of his predecessor, of the media, of the intelligence community, of bureaucratic leakers. This is a pre-emptive effort to blame somebody else if, or when, market discipline trumps Trump propaganda. If that happens, facts may still not matter to Trump, but they’ll matter to the rest of us, perhaps even more than usual.

Last edited:
just a little food for thought

do you know that pres Nixon's approval rating at the time his advisors all resigned over Watergate.... was higher than pres trumps is right now!

Trump approval rating sinks to new low

President Trump's approval rating has fallen to 37 percent -- the lowest of his fledgling presidency, according to Gallup. His disapproval rating rose correspondingly, hitting 58 percent.
At this point in his first term, President Obama's approval rating was hovering in the low 60s, while President George W. Bush's was in the mid-50s. (Obama's approval rating would later sink to a low of 40 percent, while Bush bottomed out at 25 percent.)
In fact, Trump's current approval rating is lower than any other commander-in-chief at this point in his first term since Gallup started tracking the issue in 1945, the year Harry Truman took office.

ANALYSIS: Halfway to 100 days, how Donald Trump is remaking the presidency

A timeline of President Trump's unsubstantiated wiretapping claims

President Bill Clinton hit the 37 percent rating about five months into his first term, in June 1993, and Ronald Reagan dipped below it in January 1983, about a year after he took the oath of office. It took George H.W. Bush more than three years to fall to 37 percent, which he did in June 1992. And Richard Nixon, who resigned at 24 percent, first sunk below 37 percent in the first year of his second term, in August 1973, as the Watergate scandal raged.
The lowest job approval ever recorded by Gallup was 22 percent, the public's assessment of Harry Truman's performance in February 1952, nearly 7 years into his presidency.
Gallup's latest analysis of Trump comes on the heels of a turbulent first 50+ days, which saw the sudden resignation DIA Director Michael T Flynn amid rumors of Trump campaign collusion with Russia, an unsubstantiated allegation of wiretapping, and a litany of complications for both of the president's travel bans.

what's kind of funny about yesterday's hearings....... they was actually 2 different hearings at the same time.... the dems asking about the Russia ties and etc..... while the repub's kept asking about the security leaks..... guess they already know Trump was in with Russia but don't want the rest of the world knowing.... can't afford another Watergate!

I think Raj-raj asks a legitimate question however, If they wish to live here, they need to give our country the respect that that our ancestors should have given the natives then, however this time and we need to insist on it. The only thing the past should tell us is not to make the same mistake that the Native Americans made hundreds of years ago.
And possibly the current native American weren't the first. There was a Mastodon discovery recently near San Diego that pushes back human occupation of North America at least another 100,000 years.

Evidence seems to indicate that waves of new invaders generally eliminate existing populations rather than assimilating them. And when Europeans first came to North America I doubt there were any laws regulating immigration. And I seriously doubt that my ancestors were asked how they felt about immigrating

Back