Politics, Politics, Politics

Now we know why Sessions fired McCabe.......he pulled a Trump!

EXCLUSIVE: Fired FBI official authorized criminal probe of Sessions, sources say

MIKE LEVINE
Good Morning AmericaMarch 21, 2018

Nearly a year before Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired senior FBI official Andrew McCabe for what Sessions called a "lack of candor," McCabe oversaw a federal criminal investigation into whether Sessions lacked candor when testifying before Congress about contacts with Russian operatives, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.
Democratic lawmakers have repeatedly accused Sessions of misleading them in congressional testimony and called on federal authorities to investigate, but McCabe's previously-unreported decision to actually put the attorney general in the crosshairs of an FBI probe was an exceptional move.
One source told ABC News that Sessions was not aware of the investigation when he decided to fire McCabe last Friday less than 48 hours before McCabe, a former FBI deputy director, was due to retire from government and obtain a full pension, but an attorney representing Sessions declined to confirm that.
Last year, several top Republican and Democratic lawmakers were informed of the probe during a closed-door briefing with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and McCabe, ABC News was told.

you know if congressmen of both parties knew about it....Sessions had to!

Well, I don't have to like the man, but I sure like the affect he's having. I got more work now than the I did just 2 years ago, more than I can handle really. I know.... I know, you're all going to claim I am still feeling the affects of Obama - but... No.... No I am not. In fact, I'll be rather busy for the next 2 years.

Under Trump, US jobs are moving overseas even faster than before
https://qz.com/1144201/under-trump-us-jobs-are-moving-overseas-even-faster-than-before/

Oh, and by the way, I hear the DACA ******* are fairly upset with the left not working a deal. Trump is practically handing them citizenship and the left says no deal! The collage ******* near me are not happy with the left right now! You see, their lives are bit more important than petty political squalls. But of course, the media is not going to report that now are they.

The Situation with DACA Is Urgent

Last night the House passed the Republican short-term spending bill on mostly a party-line vote. Then the Senate took up a procedural vote to prepare for consideration of the measure today. I watched as both Senators McConnell and Corbyn made remarks over and over again about how the Democrats were insisting on including a measure related to “illegal immigrants” (never referring to DACA or Dreamers) along with the suggestion that there is no urgency to the matter because Congress has until March to deal with the issue

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2018/01/19/the-situation-with-daca-is-urgent/

BTW WHO OPENED THE DOOR FOR ALL THEM TO LEAVE TO BEGIN WITH

Last edited:
a lot of HATE between the 2 of them....think that is why Flake is going to run for Pres next election...against Trump!
wow, I wasn't aware that one could run for the highest office in the land from a federal or state prison cell!
Guess they could give him an ankle bracelet so he could get out to play golf and make more dumbass decisions. He's amazed me thus far, actually.

wow, I wasn't aware that one could run for the highest office in the land from a federal or state prison cell
hope you are right......but with Trump making no effort to stop or intervene in the hacking.......have to wonder f he isn't a shoe in for next time!
our only hope is that the dems take control of both houses during the mid terms...because I don't see the right doing anything!

suuuuuure the right isn't biased......no morales...no family values....no god and country....

20,000 Republicans just voted for an actual Nazi
thinkprogress.org

The former head of the American Nazi Party ran for the Republican nomination of Congress in Illinois’ 3rd Congressional District. No Republican stepped up to oppose him. On Tuesday, despite his vocal Holocaust denial, his anti-Semitic rhetoric, and his white supremacist views, 20,339 Illinois Republicans, according to preliminary totals, cast their ballots for Arthur Jones on Tuesday. Jones’ Nazi-sympathies were not a secret going into election day. His campaign website features a slideshow of pictures of him speaking at white nationalist events. He is a perennial candidate who has previously run for U.S. House, Chicago alderman, and mayor of Chicago, and even mayor of Milwaukee. Chicago media extensively covered the ...
Read more

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/3e8fd5...b953936/ss_20,000-republicans-just-voted.html

Really??????????

Republicans Start Talking Impeachment

A GOP warning to President Trump about impeachment, should he bring an end to the Mueller investigation. Plus, the top Republican attorney who turned down an invitation to join the Trump legal team.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/republicans-start-talking-impeachment-224936642.html

You know, it's funny, on the one hand you tell yourself, "It's actually possible that there are a fair number of Republicans who will actually put country ahead of party in this case, and actually do the right thing if Trump fires Mueller."

But then the reality of past performance kicks in...Republican Senators voting to impeach a Republican president? The likelihood of that is identical to the likelihood that Trump could beat me at chess, in an IQ competition, or in our ability to produce sentences spelled correctly and without a stuck capslock key.

...Republican Senators voting to impeach a Republican president?

they did Nixon...but then even the right didn't like Nixon!
with trump far to many on the far right have profited from Trump........and what makes it worse is the amount on the right that have received campaign money from Russian donors!
Hell McConnell got 2.5 mill last election.......Rubio..and several others....all from Russian real estate developers!

right now this country is for sale and Russia doing a lot of buying! for far to many in this country their only loyalty is the dollar!
it might take a while...a new president here would be a good start...ending some of this gerrymandering and get Dems back in control of the house and Senate......( no guarantee they would be honest but we know the right isn't).....but with people like the cock bro.s buying elections...??????......hell right now corruption is trade mark of the republican party!......but one day the whole world will see just how corrupt p u t I n really is
he is fucking with about every country out there...pulling a few strings here and there

we should be backing the UK in more sanctions on Russia ...instead of congratulating the fucker on win he maneuvered to begin with

Obama told P u t I n that if he didn't stop his meddling that he would destroy the Russian economy!
damn how nice would that be!....even the Russians turn on the fucker!

Last edited:
Nothing new here...this country is for sale and trump and co. is just expanding on it

Saudi Arabia's crown prince reportedly bragged about having Jared Kushner 'in his pocket' after being told classified information meant for Trump
Business Insider 6 hours ago

Jared Kushner reportedly discussed classified information obtained from the President's Daily Brief with Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman, who then bragged that he had Kushner "in his pocket." The top secret information included US intel on Saudi royals who opposed the Crown Prince's rule, reported The Intercept. Shortly after meeting with Kushner, Salman began a large-scale corruption crackdown, which arrested 200 officials. Kushner has built a personal relationship with the crown prince, and is said to be playing an important role in the royal's visit to the US this week. Jared Kushner reportedly discussed classified information obtained from the President's Daily Brief with Saudi ...
Read more
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/bf5bef...ebd6424d0/ss_saudi-arabia's-crown-prince.html

Suuuure we can count on them to hold trumps feet to the fire

GOP pushes to change Senate rules for Trump
The Hill
A group of Republican senators wants to press the button on a new “nuclear option” that would limit debate time on President TrumpDonald John TrumpHouse expected to vote on omnibus Thursday afternoon House passes 'right to try' ******* bill Spending bill rejects Trump’s proposed EPA cut MORE’s nominees. Senate leaders have twice used the nuclear option to facilitate action on nominees in recent years. In 2013, then-Senate Majority Leader Harry ReidHarry Mason ReidTrump presses GOP to change Senate rules Only thing Defense’s UFO probe proves is power of political favors Nevada Democrat accused of sexual harassment reconsiders retirement: report MORE (D-Nev.) stripped the minority of the power to filibuster executive branch and judicial nominees below the level of Supreme Court. ...
Read more
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/a56c9b...367f903bc/ss_gop-pushes-to-change-senate.html

here we go again......we have been down this road once......and looks like the right is going to take us there again!

Just saw a commercial on tv for mobile home sales
"With our aggressive lenders we can just about guarantee you a new home"......

true it's only a mobile home....but how long before that starts in the housing market!

Nobody ever said they were smart.......just crooked!

After backing $1.5 trillion tax cuts, these GOP lawmakers are suddenly concerned about the debt
thinkprogress.org

Despite years of tough talk about balanced budgets, the Republican majority in the House and Senate rammed through a massive tax cut for the rich in December that their own analysis showed would increase the deficit by more than $1 trillion. Now, many of the lawmakers who voted for that are suddenly concerned about the debt again and say they will oppose their own party’s omnibus spending bill because it will increase the debt by a similar amount. Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), a self described “fiscal conservative” who co-founded the House Freedom Caucus, voted for the 2017 tax cut and argued that it should not be revenue-neutral. On Thursday, he said his party’s spending bill “may be the worst bill ...
Read more
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/d9aad7...7ad0871b1/ss_after-backing-$1.5-trillion.html

well no *******......build the wall...debt to much...cut social entitlements...not hard to figure
trump has to have his wall...at the expense of the needy....that is why he opened the daca door to begin with...bargaining chip...he could care less about those people he just wants his way at any cost!....
he can call that his personal monument

Ryan: Democrats 'Walked Away' From DACA Deal
CNS News

CNSNews.com) - House Speaker Paul Ryan said Democrats refused a deal on DACA in exchange for funding President Trump's border wall. "So we -- the president and I and other leaders in the House and Senate -- offered that to the Democrats, they said no. So we said so let's do multi-year funding for the wall for multi-year relief for the DACA *******, and they walked away from that. They wouldn’t take that,” Ryan told "Fox & Friends" on Thursday morning. Although DACA protections did not make it into the omnibus, Ryan noted that there is $1.6 billion for border security, which includes fencing and levees, but not Trump’s kind of border wall. Ryan said the $1.6 billion is exactly what the administration ...
Read more
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/63b85b00-db2d-378e-b202-c3cb4751f934/ryan:-democrats-'walked-away'.html

After backing $1.5 trillion tax cuts, these GOP lawmakers are suddenly concerned about the debt
.....That's so they can justify their "trickle down" reverse Robin Hood play ... tax cuts for the wealthy & corps & entitlement cuts to adjust for the poor & middleclass ... same old thing every time they do it. Of course the uneducated poor go jumping around because they got a little more on their paychecks until they find out the food stamps disappeared, they don't get Medicaid anymore, they pay a tax on car repairs, etc etc etc ... and they're actually in the hole an additional 10-15% of spendable income from the prior year.
.....They're NOT going to cut spending on the military EVEN THOUGH the Pentagon can not account for over $600 billion annually in spending and refuse to show where they spent it. And, they're not going to put any additional taxes on investment incomes or wall street. And what really is a pisser, some of these folks in Washington are double talking Democrats as well. I say "******* 'em all and let God sort 'em out".

Last edited:
Of course the uneducated poor go jumping around because they got a little more on their paychecks until they find out the food stamps disappeared, they don't get Medicaid anymore, they pay a tax on car repairs, etc etc etc ... and they're actually in the hole an additional 10-15% of spendable income from the prior year.

that is exactly right.....for the next year or so...they will (maybe) see a little more in the pocket...but most of those same people rely on some kind of assistance...and that will be gone!
talking to neighbors ******* (he works at Wal-Mart).he got a $1,000.00 bonus a while back...but no pay raise...he still lives at home....what about the ones that don't and are trying to get by

some of these folks in Washington are double talking Democrats as well. I say "******* 'em all and let God sort 'em out

yes the dems are not a lot better...they won't take steps to repair any of this...and not sure they are doing enough to stop any of this....they may just be sitting back and let the right make an ass out of them selves.......but if they get things back...will they try to reverse any of this mess...who knows
yes *******-em all and let God sort it out!
we need a giant flush to repair things....can't think of the person that said it....it will take violence to repair.....don't agree with that....but I think we are heading for a big fall financially!
I wanted to take a hike this year like the wife did.....think we are in pretty good shape (although wanted a new boat before I go) but!...she has health care for life as long as she goes to a certain Dr or program....I have nothing and would have to rely on my billfold for a while or the VA(not enthused about that) ....although talking to Mut of Omaha..if that works out I'm out and politics be damned!

I should be out fishing right now...but it will wait till the weekend!

Last edited:
China urges U.S. away from 'brink' as Trump picks trade weapons
By Ryan Woo and Adam Jourdan,

BEIJING/SHANGHAI (Reuters) - China urged the United States on Friday to "pull back from the brink" as President Donald Trump's plans for tariffs on up to $60 billion in Chinese goods moved the world's two largest economies closer to a trade war.
The escalating tensions between Beijing and Washington sent shivers through financial markets as investors foresaw dire consequences for the global economy if trade barriers start going up.
Trump is planning to impose the tariffs over what his administration says is misappropriation of U.S. intellectual property. A probe was launched last year under Section 301 of the 1974 U.S. Trade Act.
"China doesn't hope to be in a trade war, but is not afraid of engaging in one," the Chinese commerce ministry responded in a statement.
"China hopes the United States will pull back from the brink, make prudent decisions, and avoid dragging bilateral trade relations to a dangerous place."
In a presidential memorandum signed by Trump on Thursday, there will be a 30-day consultation period that only starts once a list of Chinese goods is published.
That effectively creates room for potential talks to address Trump's allegations on intellectual property theft and ****** technology transfers.

Though the White House has said the planned tariffs were a response to China's "economic aggression", Trump said he views China as "a friend", and both sides are in the midst of negotiations. A Chinese commerce ministry official said both sides were in touch, and communication channels were smooth.
Meantime, China showed readiness to retaliate by declaring plans to levy additional duties on up to $3 billion of U.S. imports including fresh fruit, wine and nuts in response to imports tariffs Trump announced earlier this month on steel and aluminium, which were due to go into effect on Friday.
The inevitable fall in demand from a full-blown trade war would spell trouble for all the economies supplying the United States and China.
Feeling the chill, MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan dropped 2.45 percent, tracking a large overnight fall in Wall Street shares, Shanghai shares shed 3.8 percent and Japan's Nikkei lost 4.5 percent, while perceived safe havens such as government bonds gained.
"The upshot is that today's (U.S.) tariffs amount to no more than a slap on the wrist for China," Mark Williams, Chief Asia Economist at Capital Economics, wrote in a note. "China won't change its ways. Worries about escalation therefore won't go away."

Williams estimated that the $506 billion that China exported to the United States drove around 2.5 percent of its total gross domestic product, and the $50-60 billion targeted by the U.S. tariffs contributed just around 0.25 percent.
Trump, however, appears intent on fulfilling election campaign promises to reduce the record U.S. trade deficit with China. A commentary published by the official Xinhua news agency said the United States had adopted a "Cold War mentality", and "panic" over China's economic rise was driving Washington's confrontational approach.
U.S. multi-nationals at a business gathering in Shanghai were warned by Stephen Roach, a Yale University economist, "to prepare for the worst" and make contingencies until calmer heads prevail.
Roach said he could foresee "the Chinese government moving to restrict, in some form or another, the financial as well as the supply chain activities of American companies operating in this country."

LOW HANGING FRUIT
Alarm over Trump's protectionist leanings mounted earlier this month after he imposed hefty import tariffs on steel and aluminium under Section 232 of the 1962 U.S. Trade Expansion Act, which allows safeguards based on "national security".
On Friday, Trump gave Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Australia, Brazil and South Korea and the European Union temporary exemptions. China was not exempted even though it was a far smaller supplier than Canada or South Korea.
Also omitted from the exemption list was U.S. ally Japan, though a government spokesman said Tokyo would press to be included. And Finance Minister Taro Aso expressed empathy with Washington regarding the importance of protecting intellectual property.
China's retaliation against the U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminium appeared restrained.
Targeting $3 billion of U.S. imports, China has drawn a list of 128 U.S. products that could be hit with tariffs if the two countries are unable to reach an agreement on trade issues, the ministry said.
The commerce ministry said China was considering implementing measures in two stages: first the 15 percent tariff on 120 products including steel pipes, dried fruit and wine worth $977 million, and later, the higher 25 percent tariff on $1.99 billion of pork and recycled aluminium.

U.S. wine exports to China last year were $79 million, according to data from the U.S. Wine Institute, which represents Californian wine makers.
The fruit growers of California, Florida, Michigan and Washington all stood to lose as China's list also included close to 80 fruit and nut products. U.S. exports of fruits, frozen juices and nuts to China amounted to $669 million last year, and it was the top supplier of apples, cherries, walnuts and almonds.
"With the restrained response, China hopes Trump can realise his errors and mend his ways," said Xu Hongcai, deputy chief economist at the China Centre for International Economic Exchanges, a Beijing think tank.
"If we really want to counter, the strongest response would be to target soybean and automobiles," said Xu. "China is 'drawing its bow but not firing. We still have some cards to play."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-ey...orts-balance-tariffs-002319270--business.html

And just one more fine republican

tumblr_p60ku2smby1s11xheo1_500.png

Back