Experts Sound The Alarm On Declining Birth Rates Among Younger Generations: "It's A Crisis"

I pay 20% income tax. That isn't a problem. People who earn more, pay more - that's fair. I don't mind that, because it gives me and everyone I know free healthcare. Free treatment for cancer etc, free childbirth, free fix your broken leg. It is free for everyone and I'm glad I live here and get that service.

I'm glad nobody has to lose their house because they got ill. That is ******* my friend. *******.
I have chronic illnesses that cost me a fortune every month in time off work for medical appts and prescriptions not covered by insurance. Occasionally I'll take a bad turn and need a hospital stay which again requires time off work, plus my husband won't let me go a single day without a visit which costs us a butt load in parking for him.

I'm doing on the shitty side of okay as a Canadian. If I were American I'd be dead or at the very least homeless.

I pay 15% and would happily pay more for an extension to dental, ******* and eye care. Even more for some sort of program that helps people like me who are well enough to work but can't meet the earning potential of a healthy person due to medical issues.

I have chronic illnesses that cost me a fortune every month in time off work for medical appts and prescriptions not covered by insurance. Occasionally I'll take a bad turn and need a hospital stay which again requires time off work, plus my husband won't let me go a single day without a visit which costs us a butt load in parking for him.

I'm doing on the shitty side of okay as a Canadian. If I were American I'd be dead or at the very least homeless.

I pay 15% and would happily pay more for an extension to dental, ******* and eye care. Even more for some sort of program that helps people like me who are well enough to work but can't meet the earning potential of a healthy person due to medical issues.
I hear you. Americans are seemingly brainwashed by the medical industry and a fear of paying tax. They're brainwashed so much that they'd rather lose everything, their house and everything, if they got ill, rather than have healthcare free at the point of delivery for all.

Av example WOULD be @WICPL4BBC, who seems only to be able to laugh at my comments, rather than actually respond in a coherent and constructive manner. Simpleton? Who knows.

I'm fortunate to live in a country where I never have to worry about medical bills. To me it's an alien concept. I found out recently that you have to pay to have a baby in the US? 😳 That's fucking nuts, but they can't see that, such is their love for being ripped off at every turn. I just looked up a few ******* prices to see how they compare in the US and the UK. So Actimmune is $53,000 for 12 vials in the US and $7000 for the same in the UK. Oh, or check out Daraprim, which is $7500 per ONE TABLET in the US, but $20 for 30 tablets in the UK. Is that OK?

You keep on paying your great health insurance bills usa and you keep on laughing at my posts without making a intelligent reply @WICPL4BBC 😉😂😂😂

I know the fetish community likes to classify the world between blacks and whites, but that is not reality. When it comes to genetics and reproduction, the diversity among Europeans is as great as it is among Africans. To declare black genes stronger or healthier than white genes might get the fetish juices flowing here, but in the real world of science it is a non-starter.

I hear you. Americans are seemingly brainwashed by the medical industry and a fear of paying tax. They're brainwashed so much that they'd rather lose everything, their house and everything, if they got ill, rather than have healthcare free at the point of delivery for all.

Av example WOULD be @WICPL4BBC, who seems only to be able to laugh at my comments, rather than actually respond in a coherent and constructive manner. Simpleton? Who knows.

I'm fortunate to live in a country where I never have to worry about medical bills. To me it's an alien concept. I found out recently that you have to pay to have a baby in the US? 😳 That's fucking nuts, but they can't see that, such is their love for being ripped off at every turn. I just looked up a few ******* prices to see how they compare in the US and the UK. So Actimmune is $53,000 for 12 vials in the US and $7000 for the same in the UK. Oh, or check out Daraprim, which is $7500 per ONE TABLET in the US, but $20 for 30 tablets in the UK. Is that OK?

You keep on paying your great health insurance bills usa and you keep on laughing at my posts without making a intelligent reply @WICPL4BBC 😉😂😂😂
Yep...im simple because you seem to think society should care for everyone from cradle to grave regardless of how the individual takes care of their own health. Personal responsibility is the best teacher...enablement produces what is wrong with society - there is NOTHING FREE !!!

Yep...im simple because you seem to think society should care for everyone from cradle to grave regardless of how the individual takes care of their own health. Personal responsibility is the best teacher...enablement produces what is wrong with society - there is NOTHING FREE !!!
This is not up for argument. All Western industrialized countries -- except the US -- have guaranteed health care and you will not find a majority in any of those countries in favor of dismantling it. People like not having to put health and money in the same box. And that may be why the life expectancy in most Western countries is longer than in the US. America is a wonderful country for many reasons, but not for its attitude toward universal health care.

This is not up for argument. All Western industrialized countries -- except the US -- have guaranteed health care and you will not find a majority in any of those countries in favor of dismantling it. People like not having to put health and money in the same box. And that may be why the life expectancy in most Western countries is longer than in the US. America is a wonderful country for many reasons, but not for its attitude toward universal health care.
Agreed. There is no point in arguing. The fact that the NHS offers better value for money and ensures even the most vulnerable get care doesn't seem to persuade Americans, who seem content to line the pockets of these greedy companies and to run the risk of losing their houses if they get seriously ill.
Weird.

(ps I didn't call the other guy an idiot. Not yet anyway 🤔)

Last edited:
You can run a marathon a week and live off algae and you'll still break a leg or get cancer. For me, collective responsibility beats 'me' every time. And it makes sense financially as well. The character of a nation can be judged on how well it looks after its most vulnerable.

Everything is debatable !!!

You can run a marathon a week and live off algae and you'll still break a leg or get cancer. For me, collective responsibility beats 'me' every time. And it makes sense financially as well. The character of a nation can be judged on how well it looks after its most vulnerable.
Agree...however the US is chock full of the lowest common denominator...the amount of perfectly capable of working that weigh 5 bills and swill MT Dew and eat McDonalds 5 times a week is pitiful....they are not vulnerable...they are fucking sorrowful....and I'm not paying for their sorry asses. The universal health care in Canada is so great they jump the border to pay out of pocket in the US

Agree...however the US is chock full of the lowest common denominator...the amount of perfectly capable of working that weigh 5 bills and swill MT Dew and eat McDonalds 5 times a week is pitiful....they are not vulnerable...they are fucking sorrowful....and I'm not paying for their sorry asses. The universal health care in Canada is so great they jump the border to pay out of pocket in the US
We have the opposite problem, where people enter the UK to avail themselves of the healthcare provision.

Do you not recognise a situation whereby previously, or potentially, productive members of society are compromised in their ability to contribute and work by their medical condition? Do you think it is right that a person has to sell their house to get themselves medical care?

20% income tax only?

I wish that were true.

When you add everything up, most middle class people are paying about 40% of their total income in taxes and govt. fees. It's way out of control and outrageous.

No matter what side of the political aisle you are on, I think we can all agree that government spending is wildly out of control and our deficit will ultimately bankrupt the country.

And by the way, BOTH sides do it. It's not a partisan issue, both political parties WAY overspend.

@Jgreen27

I agree, but we both know, that the Republican, and Demoncratic party won't bring any new legislation to the table, to improve the situation for afro american business men, women
Arnt you glad you live in Canada where the federal liberal party is taking steps to groom all minorities a business class. You would know this had you been reading the news over the past few years. Many of their bills have Christmas Presents for Minority Canadians Business people.

Back