Experts Sound The Alarm On Declining Birth Rates Among Younger Generations: "It's A Crisis"

WindsorBLKBull

Male
Gold Member
From
Canada
New data is confirming a baby boom that some doctors expected was actually a "baby bust." Health departments in more than two dozen states provided records to CBS News, showing a 7% drop in births in December — nine months after the first lockdowns began.

Researchers say it continues a much bigger plunge in fertility in recent decades.

The number of babies the average woman in the U.S. is expected to deliver has dropped from nearly four in the 1950s to less than two today.

The drop could present an entirely different risk to society than one that was first warned about decades ago — when an apocalyptic fear gripped America in the 1960s and 1970s.

"The stakes in this battle are far greater than any other we have ever fought," Walter Cronkite said in a 1970 CBS News broadcast. "The experts we interviewed told us population was the fundamental crisis."

As the world stampeded toward 10 billion people, many researchers back then predicted that overpopulation would ruin humanity.

Biologist Paul Ehrlich once explained the threat as "The Population Bomb," the title of a book he authored in 1968.

"Sometime in the next 15 years, the end will come — and by the end, I mean an utter breakdown of the capacity of the planet to support humanity," he said in a 1970 broadcast.

Today, however, a very different note is struck by researchers like University of Southern California Professor Dowell Myers, who studies demographic trends.

"The trouble is we overshot and we dropped it down too much now," Myers told "CBS This Morning" co-host Tony Dokoupil.

While the global population is still growing, a major study published in The Lancet in 2020 predicted it would peak in 2064, and then fall by nearly a billion people by the end of the century — the reason being, fewer babies.

The U.S. is already below the so-called "replacement level" by some measures, meaning fewer young people to support the country's otherwise aging population.

Myers said of the decline, "That's a crisis."

"We need to have enough working-age people to carry the load of these seniors, who deserve their retirement, they deserve all their entitlements, and they're gonna live out another 30 years," he said. "Nobody in the history of the globe has had so many older people to deal with."

The coronavirus pandemic is also making the problem worse — despite what some people previously thought.

"We thought, oh, we would see a baby boom. But we just haven't seen it," said Dr. David Jaspan, chair of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia.

Jaspan said patients are not only worried about their health, but their finances as well.

"I get a report every morning at 5:15 about what has happened in the last 24 hours. And the first report that I see is the number of deliveries in the last 24 hours," Jaspan said. "It's less than it used to be."

The Brookings Institution has predicted "a large, lasting baby bust" of at least 300,000 fewer children in 2021.

For Laura Lindberg, who tracks reproductive data for the Guttmacher Institute, the decrease in births could be a sign of progress — a marker of women's equality and freedom of choice.

"So it's a shift to later in life. In that shift comes more education, more career, more employment. So it's a reordering of how people engage in adulthood," Lindberg explained.

Dowell Myers doesn't disagree — but in the bigger picture, he worries the declining birth rate is also a "barometer of despair."

Myers said he never expected to be talking about a global declining birth rate during his lifetime.

Asked what changed, he pointed to "the burdens of life."

"The cost of housing, the cost of education, all these things have become more and more difficult," Dowell said. "I think the boomers themselves don't realize how much harder it is for millennials today. And they think, 'Oh yeah, when we were young we had to live, you know, on very little money, and we made do, and you can do the same.' That's the story, right? Well no, it really is a lot harder for young people today. It's amazing how much harder it is."

Source: Experts sound the alarm on declining birth rates among younger generations: "It's a crisis" - CBS News

Maybe Those So Called " Queen Of Spades " Might Want To Come To The Realization, That Their Financial Incentivized Gravy Trains, Won't Bring Them Healthy Babies.

And It's Time To Transition To Being With Wealthy Black Men Permanently, And Have Beautiful, Healthy Babies, That Come From Black Men.

The Clock's Ticking Ladies
🧐

Rich black men in this new historical period they think about politics
many of them aspire to become president of the united states

@Arjanna1988

Thats not true, we strive to be financially stable, and have multiple streams of revenue.

Being in politics, is a lose / lose situtation.
Grooming a business class is needed before we every begin to talk about anything else. Once created it must be protected. No more red summers and highway acts to run right though business districts.

Grooming a business class is needed before we every begin to talk about anything else. Once created it must be protected. No more red summers and highway acts to run right though business districts.
@Jgreen27

I agree, but we both know, that the Republican, and Demoncratic party won't bring any new legislation to the table, to improve the situation for afro american business men, women

There is nothing in the world that will change my mind on having ******* with anyone, of any race, at any time.

Some people just don't want *******, it doesn't have anything to do with financial factors, partners, etc. I've known since I was 8 that it wasn't for me.

Immigration is an easy solution to the "problem" considering the worlwide population is still growing rapidly.
Also a shift from human work load towards machines can help fill the economic gap.

New data is confirming a baby boom that some doctors expected was actually a "baby bust." Health departments in more than two dozen states provided records to CBS News, showing a 7% drop in births in December — nine months after the first lockdowns began.

Researchers say it continues a much bigger plunge in fertility in recent decades.

The number of babies the average woman in the U.S. is expected to deliver has dropped from nearly four in the 1950s to less than two today.

The drop could present an entirely different risk to society than one that was first warned about decades ago — when an apocalyptic fear gripped America in the 1960s and 1970s.

"The stakes in this battle are far greater than any other we have ever fought," Walter Cronkite said in a 1970 CBS News broadcast. "The experts we interviewed told us population was the fundamental crisis."

As the world stampeded toward 10 billion people, many researchers back then predicted that overpopulation would ruin humanity.

Biologist Paul Ehrlich once explained the threat as "The Population Bomb," the title of a book he authored in 1968.

"Sometime in the next 15 years, the end will come — and by the end, I mean an utter breakdown of the capacity of the planet to support humanity," he said in a 1970 broadcast.

Today, however, a very different note is struck by researchers like University of Southern California Professor Dowell Myers, who studies demographic trends.

"The trouble is we overshot and we dropped it down too much now," Myers told "CBS This Morning" co-host Tony Dokoupil.

While the global population is still growing, a major study published in The Lancet in 2020 predicted it would peak in 2064, and then fall by nearly a billion people by the end of the century — the reason being, fewer babies.

The U.S. is already below the so-called "replacement level" by some measures, meaning fewer young people to support the country's otherwise aging population.

Myers said of the decline, "That's a crisis."

"We need to have enough working-age people to carry the load of these seniors, who deserve their retirement, they deserve all their entitlements, and they're gonna live out another 30 years," he said. "Nobody in the history of the globe has had so many older people to deal with."

The coronavirus pandemic is also making the problem worse — despite what some people previously thought.

"We thought, oh, we would see a baby boom. But we just haven't seen it," said Dr. David Jaspan, chair of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia.

Jaspan said patients are not only worried about their health, but their finances as well.

"I get a report every morning at 5:15 about what has happened in the last 24 hours. And the first report that I see is the number of deliveries in the last 24 hours," Jaspan said. "It's less than it used to be."

The Brookings Institution has predicted "a large, lasting baby bust" of at least 300,000 fewer children in 2021.

For Laura Lindberg, who tracks reproductive data for the Guttmacher Institute, the decrease in births could be a sign of progress — a marker of women's equality and freedom of choice.

"So it's a shift to later in life. In that shift comes more education, more career, more employment. So it's a reordering of how people engage in adulthood," Lindberg explained.

Dowell Myers doesn't disagree — but in the bigger picture, he worries the declining birth rate is also a "barometer of despair."

Myers said he never expected to be talking about a global declining birth rate during his lifetime.

Asked what changed, he pointed to "the burdens of life."

"The cost of housing, the cost of education, all these things have become more and more difficult," Dowell said. "I think the boomers themselves don't realize how much harder it is for millennials today. And they think, 'Oh yeah, when we were young we had to live, you know, on very little money, and we made do, and you can do the same.' That's the story, right? Well no, it really is a lot harder for young people today. It's amazing how much harder it is."

Source: Experts sound the alarm on declining birth rates among younger generations: "It's a crisis" - CBS News

Maybe Those So Called " Queen Of Spades " Might Want To Come To The Realization, That Their Financial Incentivized Gravy Trains, Won't Bring Them Healthy Babies.

And It's Time To Transition To Being With Wealthy Black Men Permanently, And Have Beautiful, Healthy Babies, That Come From Black Men.

The Clock's Ticking Ladies
🧐
And this is the reason why. :qos:

I think the discussion should include the environment and social issues. In my own family when our children are ask questions the responses reflect our society as a whole. Every one of them when ask about no children included "who would bring children into today's world". When ask the responses all include the employment problems and the social problems. My generation has been through decades of war, police actions and one conflict after another. My favorite granddaughter replied "why would i want to bring children into this world, to raise them to a young adult who might be sent off to be killed in some forien conflict or shot dead in school or at the mall." We as a family have experienced most of those situations. Either personally or by close friendship with others who have.
The hatefull tone of everything that the very young have already grown up with. The shootings, the protests the political hatered. They see and hear nothing positive . The violent content on even prime time TV has gone wild. For many the family unit is gone I've done work with youth for about ten years. It's heartbreaking to have so many speak as if they don't expect to live as long as i have. Medical advances are making it possible to live longer than our prarents and so many teens think they might be dead before they reach what we called the good years.

Reactions: wit
I haven't conducted a study to show that testosterone is critically low in under-25 whitebois...but just looking around, it seems like a study is hardly needed.

So many whitebois in my age group have been exposed to the anti-masculinity message, that we openly display effeminacy....with social approval. This takes many whitebois out of consideration in white girl's mating choices.

At the same time, Black male masculinity is celebrated as a blow against the white patriarchy. Now, among the under-25 demographic, white girls openly flaunt their relationships with strong, virile Black men, for the high social status they get.

This will certainly result in fewer white births. But is is doubtful that white girl/Black man pairings are enough to replace the population. In addition to continued Black births, we would probably need 10 white girls mating with every Black man.

Some people simply do not want to have *******. It used to be the standard blueprint of a life to get married, have a family, and then support that family. Now people are learning they do not have to follow that recipe to be happy or successful. We are able to have ******* later in life and enjoy ourselves while younger. Plus birth control has come leaps and bounds since then as well.

Some people simply do not want to have *******. It used to be the standard blueprint of a life to get married, have a family, and then support that family. Now people are learning they do not have to follow that recipe to be happy or successful. We are able to have ******* later in life and enjoy ourselves while younger. Plus birth control has come leaps and bounds since then as well.
We also aren't able to be with our babies as women we are expected to work then the daddies dip and we have to work 10 times as hard if not 100 times as hard along with the world shitting on us and constantly are afraid of losing our apt our job whatever it may be having to dwal w day care school a specific schedule that we have to work around to find extra cash all while making sure our ******* are fed happy healthy learning etc. We can't be mothers we are expected to be robots

Reactions: wit
There is nothing in the world that will change my mind on having ******* with anyone, of any race, at any time.

Some people just don't want *******, it doesn't have anything to do with financial factors, partners, etc. I've known since I was 8 that it wasn't for me.
And the people most qualified often do not have them.

We also aren't able to be with our babies as women we are expected to work then the daddies dip and we have to work 10 times as hard if not 100 times as hard along with the world shitting on us and constantly are afraid of losing our apt our job whatever it may be having to dwal w day care school a specific schedule that we have to work around to find extra cash all while making sure our ******* are fed happy healthy learning etc. We can't be mothers we are expected to be robots
Neither sex has it good as things are. I'm quite old fashioned tbh and I'm certain some of my views would cause offence. 😂
So I'll keep them to myself 😉

Yes...someone has to pay the bill for the service
I pay 20% income tax. That isn't a problem. People who earn more, pay more - that's fair. I don't mind that, because it gives me and everyone I know free healthcare. Free treatment for cancer etc, free childbirth, free fix your broken leg. It is free for everyone and I'm glad I live here and get that service.

I'm glad nobody has to lose their house because they got ill. That is ******* my friend. *******.

Back