Black Panthers/

Maury

Male
I don't find a thread where this fits so I'll create a new post. With all that is going on with the BLM movement right now; there was a documentary on one of the cable channels over the weekend about the early days of the Black Panthers. Made in 1970, there was a scene with Eldridge Cleaver yelling at a black male member who had befriended a white hippie couple. Cleaver let it be known that you can never trust a white man ("they will steal your soul and dignity") and all that "white women want is the black man's Johnson". It seems there may have been a lot more interracial sex in those days than people realize but it was mostly hidden from public view. There were also scenes at a Black Oakland commune showing nude white women with brother panthers. It seems white women have preferred black men for some time.

You're correct. A lot of white women had sex with black men but didn't want anyone to know incase they were judged. Many others didn't have the courage to act upon their desires. Shame really

On the topic of Black Panther, I'm not sure if any of you saw 60 Minutes last night. Does anyone here know the story of Greenwood from Tulsa, Oklahoma? Forget Stan Lee who created the now well received "Black Panther" series, America had one of it's own that was so well organized it was considered as "Black Wall Street"....

You're correct. A lot of white women had sex with black men but didn't want anyone to know incase they were judged. Many others didn't have the courage to act upon their desires. Shame really

And depending on they're social standing now, in terms of class, some white women STILL only get with brothas on the down low.

Back