'Black-Owned' Tattoos, Would You?

Personally as a proud Black man I find the spade tattoo offensive. Being that "Spade" is a derogatory term for Blacks.
I have to agree, in the UK it is not politically correct to call a black man a spade, but then what symbol could represent the black man on a tattoo that claims ownership of a woman?

I have to agree, in the UK it is not politically correct to call a black man a spade, but then what symbol could represent the black man on a tattoo that claims ownership of a woman?

Definitely not a spade lol. There would have to be a consensus for something better. Personally I think a simple tattoo of a lock with the letter B on it would suffice greatly.

Personally as a proud Black man I find the spade tattoo offensive. Being that "Spade" is a derogatory term for Blacks.

Understood.
However, you could consider "taking ownership" of it and turning it around on those who intend it derogatorily by enjoying all the white pussy you see branded with it.
Nothing better than to stick it back in the faces of the fools who think they are better than others.

Understood.
However, you could consider "taking ownership" of it and turning it around on those who intend it derogatorily by enjoying all the white pussy you see branded with it.
Nothing better than to stick it back in the faces of the fools who think they are better than others.

I find the taking ownership argument to be pure and total rubbish. It only exacerbates more misunderstanding and double standard. By that I mean if someone not of that particular group overhears the word being tossed around, they'd be well entitled to think "Hmm, they're saying that to each other, why can't I?" I would find it self degrading to try to embrace and defuse a word rooted in such explosive contempt and racism. Trying to turn a negative thing around as a form of payback is a mission in wasted energy in my opinion. I know some Bulls secretly (and openly) fuck white women for that reason, but I don't fuck white women because I'm trying to get back at anyone or any system. I find some white women attractive and they find me attractive, so we fuck. Simple as that. It's better for everyone to just be progressive and find a new words/titles that captures the essence of Black ownership.

Agreed and all your points make sense.

The unfortunate thing is that the QoS insignia has grown so much in popularity that it will be difficult, if not impossible, to replace it with some other symbol. Unless it is something incredibly attractive so as to outshine the QoS.
Additionally, as most of the women who sport the QoS don't attach any derogatory implication to it, but wear it simply to indicate their availability, unless such an alternate symbol became known well enough to accomplish the same function, the QoS would still be the advertising media of choice for the majority of women seeking the companionship of black men.

I wonder if there are any symbols in any of the African or other black cultures that represent "man" that might make an attractive design component with which to base a new insignia on. Something along the lines of the Egyptian Ankh.

Very true. I'm not denying the the popularity of QoS insignia by any means, but just because white women don't attach derogatory implications to it doesn't change that it is derogatory. By that logic, I could wear a swastika and ascribe a meaning of my own design to and it's all ok. I have sense enough to know what a swastika is and historically represents as opposed to what I want it to mean and represent. I don't want anyone thinking I'm going on a tirade here, I'm just putting it in a perspective that hopefully will make a few people pause and consider. There are definitely plenty of alternative symbols in Africa cultures that could be used, so the only arduous aspect would be the introduction. As the most probable methods would be a gradual trickle effect. Anywho ... this is a great discussion.

Very true. I'm not denying the the popularity of QoS insignia by any means, but just because white women don't attach derogatory implications to it doesn't change that it is derogatory. By that logic, I could wear a swastika and ascribe a meaning of my own design to and it's all ok. I have sense enough to know what a swastika is and historically represents as opposed to what I want it to mean and represent. I don't want anyone thinking I'm going on a tirade here, I'm just putting it in a perspective that hopefully will make a few people pause and consider. There are definitely plenty of alternative symbols in Africa cultures that could be used, so the only arduous aspect would be the introduction. As the most probable methods would be a gradual trickle effect. Anywho ... this is a great discussion.

I don't feel you are on a tirade at all and respect your position and the perspective you have offered. It is unfortunate that people don't consider things of this nature a bit more carefully in general.

So, now on to finding a suitable alternative to the QoS symbol.

Personally I would find all this tattoo ******* quite embarassing and unneeded. Theres no need the tattoos or anything permanent, If you want to show something then get a necklace or bracelet or something like that.

On the discussion of other things embarassing, does anyone in the UK know of that Blackmansfanclub thing? I find that equally as degrading and embrassing. Basically a party of black guys going for loads of white couples to esentially be sex slaves/a show for them..

Y
Personally I would find all this tattoo ******* quite embarassing and unneeded. Theres no need the tattoos or anything permanent, If you want to show something then get a necklace or bracelet or something like that.

On the discussion of other things embarassing, does anyone in the UK know of that Blackmansfanclub thing? I find that equally as degrading and embrassing. Basically a party of black guys going for loads of white couples to esentially be sex slaves/a show for them..
Yeah I heard of that mess.

Back