BCS championship. Who's got dis?

I know I'm partial, but if it's a close game all you have to look at is both teams 4th quarter performance. Bama gets stronger the longer they play and Clemson just doesn't score in the 4th. Only chance they have is breaking out and getting way ahead in the first 1/2.
Bama has to watch out for Dabo trick plays as well. It will be a good game. It will be interesting to see if Nick finally has an answer for the spread offense on D. If the game comes down to Bama running the clock its a wrap.

I'm not saying Clemson is going to win, but I think they beat the spread and keep this thing close with a chance to win late.

If you look at the teams that have given Alabama the most problems in the past four years,Texas A&M in 2012 and 2013 with Johnny Manziel, Auburn in 2013 and 2014 with Nick Marshall, Ohio State in 2014, and Ole Miss in 2014 and 2015, Clemson has a lot of similarities to those teams. In order to beat Alabama, you need to be able to play at a fast tempo in order to prevent Alabama from subbing their deep corps of defensive linemen and to catch them in personnel package mismatches. You also need to get them playing laterally as opposed to downhill, which teams like Michigan State and LSU were unable to do because their offenses are built too similarly to Alabama's. Additionally, the ability of Clemson to effectively run the zone read can help to neutralize the speed and aggressiveness of their linebackers along with possibly forsing Alabama to commit safety help to their front 7, which renders Alabama vulnerable to play-action, creates one-on-one matchups downfield and opens up the middle of the field for their tight end.

I've seen Clemson play a few times this year, since they're in the ACC, and they're a well balanced football team; not saying Alabama isn't as well, but I haven't seen the Tide play much this year. The Clemson offense can hang with any offense in the country ... but the defense is a bit concerning.

I've observed that Clemson has one weakness, and that is IF their defense stays on the field a lot more than their offense. Their defense plays well until late in the 3rd quarter or early 4th quarters, then suddenly lose their steam. If its a close game going into the mid-4th Qtr, (as we expect it may be), I suspect Alabama may not disappoint the SEC. But, I think the motivation & desire Clemson has of winning a Nat'l title will carry this team through that tough 4th Quarter ...

I see a fairly high scoring game, but pic_ClemsonTigers.jpg winning this one by 3-4 points. Mac

Awesome game ... simply awesome. One of the best football games I've seen all year. That on-side kick, though, DAMN!
Genius Thinking! THAT'S why they pay SABEN the BIG BUCKS!
Clemson has nothing to be ashamed of, though ... they played great, just not great enough.
Congrat's to Alabama.
Mac
That was a great game. Just glad we were able to pull out the win. I just want to know what Saben or whomever said after the one lose to Ole Miss, to light a fire under these guys asses. After that lose, they became a whole new ball team. Congrats to Clemson on having such a great team this year.

So who will we be playing next year for the Championship game?

That was a great game. Just glad we were able to pull out the win. I just want to know what Saben or whomever said after the one lose to Ole Miss, to light a fire under these guys asses. After that lose, they became a whole new ball team. Congrats to Clemson on having such a great team this year.

So who will we be playing next year for the Championship game?

Other than their mantra of "Finish" this season, it was probably a little bit of perspective. In their last two National Championship seasons, 2011 and 2012, they lost a game midseason (LSU and Texas A&M, respectively) and went on to win the National Championship. The fifth year seniors and the true seniors were on those teams, so a message like that would have had particular meaning.

As for who will be in the hunt next year, who knows, but certainly Alabama and Clemson would be good bets to get back, Alabama because they recruit so well and Clemson because they were a pretty young team this season. They certainly will be the favorites in their conferences. As for teams from the other Power 5 conferences, Oklahoma, Stanford, Michigan, and Ohio State should be contenders.

That on-side kick was brilliant; when 'Bama was kicking off I felt fairly confident that Clemson could take the ball the length of the field and win that game in the final 2-3 minutes, and I think 'Bama kind of knew, as well, that whoever had the ball last would win. To risk a on-side kick at that moment in the game, while having the lead, was a awesome move of Chess. Hats off to Saben ... someone please offer that man a job in the NFL, and get him out of our hair in the NCAA. Thank you ...

Last edited:
That on-side kick was brilliant; when 'Bama was kicking off I felt fairly confident that Clemson could take the ball the length of the field and win that game in the final 2-3 minutes, and I think 'Bama kind of knew, as well, that whoever had the ball last would win. To risk a on-side kick at that moment in the game, while having the lead, was a awesome move of Chess. Hats off to Saben ... someone please offer that man a job in the NFL, and get him out of our hair in the NCAA. Thank you ...

Been there, done that.

Been there, done that.
Yeah, I know, but I think a perfect situation for Saben might be an all-new NFL team where he starts from the ground up. You don't win 3 national championships by good luck ... but, it helps having an unlimited supply of 4 &5-stars at every position and being able to keep them all happy. He could do that in the NFL.
Every time we have a nat'l 5-star football recruit in NC, they ALWAYS go elsewhere to play football; usually the SEC.

Back