A Reminder of The Importance of General Respect on Online Dating Sites/Apps

Charles Hardwood

Male
Real Person
Gold Member
From
US
I use a few online dating sites/apps to connect and meet with like minded people. Like any online search I have to sift through dozens of pages before I find what I am looking for. I read profiles and look at pics to determine if me and the people are compatible and might strike up a conversation to learn more about them. If I see a pic or post that I like I will hit the like button or drop a complimenting comment on it. If I come across a profile that says "women only" or "I am a lesbian" I move on to the next.
On this site and many others there are people that have a complete disregard of general respect for other members. Violating boundaries that are clearly against what users are here for. Example) if the user's profile say straight male or lesbian female another guy has no business messaging them trying to hook up. Along with unsolicited nudes to any member that didn't ask for them. The topic of race is strong on this site and that is the purpose of it but it should never be brought up or discussed in a negative way. Read the context of the discussion, profile, message, or post before you reply. There has been too many times where I log in only to find a dozen notifications and messages from other male members trying to talk dirty to me. If someone ha indicated that they don't want to talk to you, then you should not be talking to them. In the comments of posts where members will be having a normal discussion and some guy that can't control himself like an NPC will reply with a detailed nasty message or apply their specific fantasy to something that has nothing to do with it. Talk to other members the same way you would talk to a person in real life. While calling a person out of their name is common in a sex based context read the situation before you do so. Degradation and humiliation are kinks that some people enjoy but learn who does before you start assuming that everyone is alright with it. I just wanted to bring awareness to this because some people get caught up in the anonymity of the internet and act completely out of character.

I use a few online dating sites/apps to connect and meet with like minded people.

OK

Like any online search I have to sift through dozens of pages before I find what I am looking for. I read profiles and look at pics to determine if me and the people are compatible and might strike up a conversation to learn more about them.

Men want to meet offline first to make sure his time chatting to her online isn't a waste of time. Women want to chat online first to make sure meeting him offline isn't a waste of time. We see things differently. That's why men should not chat too much online because women are often looking for reason to disqualify the man

There has been too many times where I log in only to find a dozen notifications and messages from other male members trying to talk dirty to me.

All that means is that men that don't light your fire straight away are talking dirty to you.

OK

Men want to meet offline first to make sure his time chatting to her online isn't a waste of time. Women want to chat online first to make sure meeting him offline isn't a waste of time. We see things differently. That's why men should not chat too much online because women are often looking for reason to disqualify the man

All that means is that men that don't light your fire straight away are talking dirty to you.
this entire reply has nothing to do with the point I'm making and actually further shows the level of ignorance that exists here. Respect is not a subject that needs to be debated.

I use a few online dating sites/apps to connect and meet with like minded people. Like any online search I have to sift through dozens of pages before I find what I am looking for. I read profiles and look at pics to determine if me and the people are compatible and might strike up a conversation to learn more about them. If I see a pic or post that I like I will hit the like button or drop a complimenting comment on it. If I come across a profile that says "women only" or "I am a lesbian" I move on to the next.
On this site and many others there are people that have a complete disregard of general respect for other members. Violating boundaries that are clearly against what users are here for. Example) if the user's profile say straight male or lesbian female another guy has no business messaging them trying to hook up. Along with unsolicited nudes to any member that didn't ask for them. The topic of race is strong on this site and that is the purpose of it but it should never be brought up or discussed in a negative way. Read the context of the discussion, profile, message, or post before you reply. There has been too many times where I log in only to find a dozen notifications and messages from other male members trying to talk dirty to me. If someone ha indicated that they don't want to talk to you, then you should not be talking to them. In the comments of posts where members will be having a normal discussion and some guy that can't control himself like an NPC will reply with a detailed nasty message or apply their specific fantasy to something that has nothing to do with it. Talk to other members the same way you would talk to a person in real life. While calling a person out of their name is common in a sex based context read the situation before you do so. Degradation and humiliation are kinks that some people enjoy but learn who does before you start assuming that everyone is alright with it. I just wanted to bring awareness to this because some people get caught up in the anonymity of the internet and act completely out of character.

i'll definitely remember this and thank you for bringing awareness about healthy communication on this platform.

Okay. You got me! What does "...calling a person out of their name' mean? I realize that it's a slang term, but I still can't figure it out. HELP!

Okay. You got me! What does "...calling a person out of their name' mean? I realize that it's a slang term, but I still can't figure it out. HELP!
Example:
You're an idiot
Look Here Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney

Is that an insult, or an example of the slang: calling a person out of their name'? Who is the old man doing the pointing?

Back