Your favorite snacks

Akiko

Female
Hello, today I want to make a thread about your favorite snacks that you eat while browsing this website or just in general. It can be something really basic and simple that you can buy everywhere to your special cookies recipe from your lovely grandma. It does not matter if its good its good

So I will make the start with 2 things

The first is called honey apple karinto. Karinto is something like a little cracker they are not hard but crunchy. Good karinto should be very subtle in taste not like a taste explosion in your mouth and the flavours should be well balanced so that none overpowers the other. This one comes in the honey and sour apple flavor which makes it an ideal autumn snack since the honey is sweet as the last rays of summer sunshine and sour apple gets naturaly harvested in the autumn months. It tastes a bit like a warm sunny autumn day where the colored leaves fall, very lovely but also bittersweet since the warm time is soon over and your bag of karinto is also empty. I don't know if you can simply go to wallmart and buy it but asian shops should carry karinto where you live should you want to try it.

The second one is called strawberry pancakes and I like to make them myself. I have read that american pancakes are quite similar to japanese ones but I am not sure what the exact difference is. It is said that they are a bit less fluffy and thinner so either read up on how to make japanese pancakes if you want to recreate it exactly or just add some more baking powder and make them a bit thicker and you should be good. The main point of the strawberry pancakes are of course the strawberry cream thats inside. In japan the strawberry that is most often used for this cream is called echigohime which means they are the princesses of echigo since they are very sweet and have a fruity taste, which is very important since the pancake is meant as a snack and not a full time meal and after eating one or two your cravings for sweet taste should be over and you do not want to eat more. So if you can't find this cream the cream should be at least very thick so it does not run everywhere while you eat it and very sweet. Sometimes baker shops here also did work a single bijin hime strawberry into the the creme when they were new to attract customers. Bijin hime is another princess and she is called the beatiful princess. A bijin hime is a high priced item and can cost up to several hundred dollars for a single one if she is most beautiful and perfect. They are said to taste a bit like a rose but I have never eaten one or a rose so I don't know what that exactly means. One thing that I also like to do is to add extra egg to the pancake mix since I make them myself. It makes them not only richer in taste but because of the added protein you also feel full for a longer time so that not only your craving for sweet gets satisfied.

This thread is meant as a collection point for all snack lovers where we collect ideas what we could try out next because the same stuff all the time gets boring after a while. If you find something does not sound delicious please keep that opinion to yourself or word it carefully because taste is individual.

Last edited:
Back