working out

Whtsub4bbc

Male
From
KS, US
I have been trying for over a year now to lose weight. my goal is about 50 pounds. the treadmill and the elliptical machine have gotten my cardio up but still above 220 pounds. Any one have any ideas on trying to loose weight.

Yes you might wanna try using some light high Reps 15 to 25 weight equipment along with your treadmill and increase your cardio time an hour mybe.and your diet could be adjusted to smaller amount of meals.try running ,walking ,or jogging a 5k on the weekend join a club .this will really drop your weight down .but you have to be a soldier and finish the Race.

Last edited:
I have been trying for over a year now to lose weight. my goal is about 50 pounds. the treadmill and the elliptical machine have gotten my cardio up but still above 220 pounds. Any one have any ideas on trying to loose weight.
^^^^Wow! Forget the dieting!
Is that your pic in your avatar?

Yoga. I started it up after I had my first kid and it literally changed my life. A lot of people hear the word yoga and get super intimidated and I get that, try looking on YouTube for some simple beginners level stuff and work your way up. You may not see your weight go down at first but your muscles WILL start to get some great definition. Your butt gets bigger, waist gets slimmer, legs, arms. It's great!

Yes you might wanna try using some light weight equipment along with your treadmill and increase your cardio time an hour mybe.and your diet could be adjusted to smaller amount of meals
I agree weight lifting is the best thing to do. I love doing barbell squats now.

Look into Carb cycling. it works for me. You have to plan all meals, weigh and measure all food. Remember working out too much can stop progress too. Using an app to track your calories will help too.

Last edited:
I think people need to diet down to a running weight before pounding on their feet and knees. Use running to maintain weight. Unfortunately, someone who is natutally 180 pounds, can eat more calories than someone who slims down to that same weight.

Yoga is a great one and I recommend it.

For the process of simply losing weight it's all about calories. You have to burn more than you intake. I'd recommend going to the app store on your phone and getting a good calorie counting app to determine where you need to be number wise and most of these are free and user friendly.

With going to the gym, and especially if you are doing any type of weight work you need to remember you will build muscle and muscle weighs more than fat so you might be eliminating bad weight for good weight.

Food wise throw out the soda and try to do only water. This includes diet sodas. Protein is great especially if you want to build muscle. Breakfast is key to get everything going. Stay away from breads and sugars.

Yoga is a great one and I recommend it.

For the process of simply losing weight it's all about calories. You have to burn more than you intake. I'd recommend going to the app store on your phone and getting a good calorie counting app to determine where you need to be number wise and most of these are free and user friendly.

With going to the gym, and especially if you are doing any type of weight work you need to remember you will build muscle and muscle weighs more than fat so you might be eliminating bad weight for good weight.

Food wise throw out the soda and try to do only water. This includes diet sodas. Protein is great especially if you want to build muscle. Breakfast is key to get everything going. Stay away from breads and sugars.

Thank you. This is all you need to know

D & E... Diet and exercise..

I recently, as of today, have lost 31 lbs since Thanksgiving.. Started at 182 and today 151.4
My wife has lost about 15.. and still working.

*Not a sales pitch, but will share what we did that worked for us.

Started Herbal Life shakes again for breakfast & lunch, light snacks in between and a normal dinner.
Reduced alcohol intake, and just about eliminated soda.. those damn Rum & Cokes are killers.
Ordered Fitbit trackers... just helped with our motivation. Also ordered the Fitbit scale.
Walking... walk anywhere you can when you can. Also played into the Fitbit daily goals.
Tennis!! We love it.. not ready for US Open, but running around a tennis court will also help shed some pounds.
Gym... nothing crazy just cardio and some weights.

Next up... paddle boarding. Looks like it could be good for the core.

Anwho... again just sharing what has worked for us. We support anyone's efforts to try and get back into shape for your health and how it makes you feel...

Stay sexy friends...

Any one have any ideas on trying to loose weight.
....Think it was mentioned, but lowering your carbs and cutting out processed sugars is major. Don't cut out your sugar intake from natural sources such as fruits; the body processes these sugars more efficiently than processed sugars from candy, soft drinks, and chips.
....You want to eat multigrain wheat bread ... the fresh wheat breads have lots of fiber to help give your appetite that "filled up" feeling after eating and help keep you from snacking.
....Watch your dairy intake; don't avoid dairy, just limit your intake. We ******* 1-2% milk around our house, and eat cheese products on a limited basis. For breakfast we often have Special K cereal with some blueberries or raspberries ... awesomely good and the carbs in Special K Protein cereals are very low.
....Eat smaller meal portions MORE times a day than limiting meals and eating larger portions. Eating 5-6 times a day is good if you portion your sizes and stay away from the no-no carbs & sugars.
....We love pizza in our house, and I like beer, but, if I pig out in one meal, I really watch my diet & calorie/carb intake for the next couple days to make it back up. I love cheese cake, but if I have a slice, again, I really watch my food diet for the next couple days.
....Soft drinks aren't good (as someone mentioned) BUT, if you gotta have a soft *******, get the smaller cans (8 0z) of diet, and/or ******* the clear soft drinks like ginger ale, 7 Ups, Sprites.

Last edited:
I haven't seen anyone mention the basic principles of losing weight, making sure you eat less calories than you use. Its that simple, all these paleo diets, carb cycling diets and whatever all follow the same principle...

IFfp2Xzl.jpg

If you don't change your eating habits you won't loose weight. Stay away from diet foods and drinks. The artificial sugars used in diet foods increase your appetite. That coupled with the mental thought of it being "Diet" leads you believe you can eat more of it.

Also keep in mind, to loose a pound you need to burn about 3600 calories, but it only take about 600 - 800 calories above your normal daily intake to gain a pound. i.e you can gain it back a lot easier than you can loose it. If you feel hungry, that is good, your loosing weight during that time. If you feel full then don't eat any more, if you feel stuffed or bloated, that is bad - you ate too much and are likely gaining weight at that point.

I
Congrats. I work out every morning and just try to eat right. I think I have hit my steady weight and can't seem to get below it. It doesn't help that my boobs weigh 100lbs.lol. My husband sucks. He can lose 20 lbs in a month just thinking about it. Guys have it so much easier, I think. Keep doing what works for you.

Sara
I agree 80-90% is about your food intake and the rest is exercise. As well try not eating late at night. Walk or run when you can. Weight lifting is for tone or bulking up which is good. But I would suggest lots of cardio exercises at first bike riding, stair climbing, walking.

My pennies worth.

1. Find a buddy. Never do this alone as you need support and help mentaly as well as dieting.

2.Don't have a huge goal. Baby steps.. ie. Say 5lbs, then 10lbs, and slowly built it up. As you reach each goal you will feel a lift in not only your spirits but your drive to succeed. Use the small step as inroads into your ultimate goal.

3. Downsize you plate. Your plate will look fuller even if you slowly reduce the amount you are eating. You can eat healthy and still eat enjoyable food...just in the porportions.

4. Go see your doctor and find what fitness will be HEALTHY for you. At a speed YOU can do without breaking down injured all the time.

5. Simply walking up a flight of stairs five times can give you a work out ( so long as its not just three steps LOL) and start your body recognising it has to work

6. Snacking? Then fill a cup with water and sliced apple or celery. Or even better Italian bread sticks and use these instead of heavier foods. You will be suprised how a couple of sticks can fill without stuffing.

7. Start walking with a friend. Set achievable goals. As you reach each goal you will get the buzz and great feeling you are getting there. But try not to go OTT. Doing too much is as bad as not doing anything as you can damage joints etc.

8.If you are married. Then get hubby to support you. Get going on a blog. Note the good times and bad and use it as a learning tool so you recognise what made you binge that one time...Help you to help yourself.

9. As you lose weight and feel good, increase your work rate. It will make you feel great when you buy that size small jeans or dress etc. Its all about mental re-enforcement and encouraging you to do whats right for you.

10. Have someone to talk too when times are tough. And they will be from time to time... A good friend who supports when you're doing well, and tells you off when needed. Also a good ear help youl lose the frustrations from the times when you feel it isn't worth it... IT IS !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back