Why post your state only?

Nyce1

Male
From day one I've wondered why people only post their state of residence. Only to get endless responses asking what city their in.
Starting with the profile, it just seems to make sense to post both city and state.
Thoughts?

Some people are here only to engage in periodic conversation, look at the posted images, etc and have no intention of meeting anyone. Therefore they feel no reason to post their city.

Some people are odd. They think if they post their city the stalkers will try to find them. They also might wear tin foil hats.

I’m not concerned with stalkers nor do I wear a tin foil hat- tin foil doesn’t look good on my red hair and fair complexion.

From day one I've wondered why people only post their state of residence. Only to get endless responses asking what city their in.
Starting with the profile, it just seems to make sense to post both city and state.
Thoughts?

For us, it's simple. There are certain risks that come with this stuff; some we're willing to take. Some, we're not. Being exposed or identified isn't one of them. By posting our state only we attempt to minimize that risk.

In our "About" section it does say we're from Western Pennsylvania. That's about as specific as we're willing to be to the masses.

Some people are odd. They think if they post their city the stalkers will try to find them. They also might wear tin foil hats.

It has nothing to do with fear of being stalked. It has everything to do with having families, careers we've worked extremely hard to build, friends whose opinions we value, etc...

Last edited:
I'm just thankful when they at least post state. Some people don't post anything at all but are verified (w/ face pics!!). That i don't completely understand but whatever floats your boat i guess
^^^^Agree!
But I can understand both sides of the coin now.
I guess for a potential guy that's looking for a Bunny in HIS state a part of the equation in his mind is if he's going to have to drive for hours to meet up or not. But if a post has the city and state listed then it becomes easy to determine if it's worth the time and effort. Not to mention everyone then having to ask where their located over and over again.
Who knows, I started out on this site thinking it was pretty cool but now I just visit for entertainment purposes only:)
I've lived the lifestyle in reality and it's never been this ambiguous or complicated.
Thanks to all whom contributed to this thread, now I can legitimately understand why a lot of couples don't list their profile locations.

But I can understand both sides of the coin now.

Think about your own side of the coin. You're not posting any nude photographs on here. You're not risking a friend, coworker, or worse, a family member becoming aware of your lifestyle because of what's on this site. Your "About" section isn't filled out in any way, shape, or form. Perhaps you should look inward for the answer to your original question.

Granted, you're not a couple, but, that means you have zero vested risk by participating on this site. When you start posting illicit pictures of yourself or your spouse on this site, then you'll understand.

Sorry to be blunt but it's this simple.... Lazy guys want the city spelled out for them. If you're a guy who has an issue with someone not listing their city, I'm sorry if the truth stings. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate it when I see a profile which has the city listed but it's not big deal if they don't. I look at it like this, the more information that is missing from their profile, the more I can find out by actually initiating a conversation with them. You never know what you may find out from talking to someone. Maybe they don't live in your city but maybe they have family or friends there whom they visit. Maybe they come out there for work from time to time. Or maybe if you really connect with them they will be willing to pay you a visit. All I'm saying is stop waiting for everything to just fall in your lap. Sometimes you have to put forth a little effort. Those are the moments when you really get to shine and separate yourself from the herd.

Back