White girls against racism..

:qos:That'sWhati'mTalkingAbout..!!:qos:
From what I see this neighbourhood needs a couple coats of paint, some weeding and so grass seed. In other words some TLC.

Used to live in a similar neighbourhood in the city. Had a few unwanted social issues so we got the city to repair street lights. Then we cleaned up the weeds, cut the grass and painted the fences. Next as a neighbourhood raked to local parks, cleaned up the trash and planted some flowers. Swings were fixed as was the slide. Tennis courts were fixed as were the basketball courts with the lighting fixed to they could be used later in the evening. Suddenly the social issues moved on. Two years later the city put in out door ice rinks in the winter.

Before I moved (work related) our little experiment had grown to include ten parks, four community centres, five public schools and two high schools. The last time I visited the area five vacant areas had been turned into local allotment gardens. Though there was a group that wanted to removed the gardens for infill homes none of which would sell for less than 3/4 of a mill. No rental units, no rent control units.

I attended a community meeting just to hear what was happening. I was one of about six white people there. There were like three hundred people there. The local council person had to be reminded that I was one of the original people that started the clean up All those years ago. Love the fact that now there are like forty local places to dine of all ethnic back grounds. That they are open after nine. Love the fact that a Tagger Wall (Graiffitee Wall) that I help build over thirty years ago is still in use.

bdsmlr-66138-B6Sec1koTq.gif

white girl joining black lives matter

Back