Vote for Mr. Trump why ? Check out please

Trickle up reagonomics has worked so beautifully well making the middle class poor it's time to get serious and helping the middle class. $15 minimum wage to every American

and taxes need to be like this makes sense..

Under 100k 10%
Over 100k - Under 250k 25%
Over 250k - Under 500k 35%
Over 500k- Under 5 mil 50%
Over 5 mil 70%

Look up FDR's income tax code in 1941 and apply it with today's rates and it works.

As for the solar, well that's why you put up wind farms too on every beach and windy area. You reduce coal to less than nothing if possible.

It's very easy to see the impact of coal.. would you bar be cue with coal inside your house? But we burn coal in our collective home - the planet.
A minimum wage is a sign of a failing economy. Before the crash in oil prices about the lowest wage in North Dakota was in the $13.00 to $14.00 an hour range and it was still rising until oil tanked. Get the real unemployment rate down to 4% or so not the 9.5% or better that it is now and wages will take care of themselves. Simply supply and demand. The disparity in wages accelerates in a slow economy. The more people unemployed the likely a business is to find someone to work for the minimum.

No they're not, they just won't tax themselves or give up their own conveniences. It always comes down to the middle class, which is shrinking away and/or retiring. Sooner or later they will ALL admit that a balanced approach of spending cuts and revenue increases, along with a balanced budget amendment are the only ways they'll resolve it, unless they're wanting to wipe the SS/Medicare slate clean by declaring themselves insolvable. I honestly thought (still do in a way) that was the intentions of the Bush unbudgeted tax cuts and extensions ... to "*******" Congress to make cuts to entitlements and/or privatize them.
If this country really, really wants to resolve the growing debt, they know what to do.
Nice theory Mac but not very realistic. Nearly 1 quarter of our current budget is spent on Medicare/Medicaid. By far the largest expenditures in the budget are for social programs and entitlements. Currently those programs are at a non sustainable level. I figured Obama did that so there would be a hell of a lot of pissed off people when the government had to cut back and he wasn't going to be president then. A lot a changes in the tax code over the last 4 or 5 years have made it harder for small business to survive. I expect that to get worse. The problem isn't taxation, the real problem is spending.

No they're not, they just won't tax themselves or give up their own conveniences. It always comes down to the middle class, which is shrinking away and/or retiring. Sooner or later they will ALL admit that a balanced approach of spending cuts and revenue increases, along with a balanced budget amendment are the only ways they'll resolve it, unless they're wanting to wipe the SS/Medicare slate clean by declaring themselves insolvable. I honestly thought (still do in a way) that was the intentions of the Bush unbudgeted tax cuts and extensions ... to "*******" Congress to make cuts to entitlements and/or privatize them.
If this country really, really wants to resolve the growing debt, they know what to do.
With a hole that is 19 trillion dollars and growing how to implement a balanced budget amendment would be interesting.Even it we eliminated you favorite whipping boy the military there would still have to be some serious cuts in social programs. You remind me of The Donald, all these really great sounding ideas but not much in the way of a realistic plan about carrying them out

The problem isn't taxation, the real problem is spending.
And you know what they say about "OPINIONS" ... right? Here's what I have seen ... I've seen the national debt take off like a rocket under Reagan and deficit spending caused by "trickle down" ... in fact, with the Bushes, it was over half of what we have now due to deficit spending by Republicans. Yes, the debt has skyrocketed, but under a whole total different set of circumstances than under Republicans. Republicans, for 7 years have been trying to get the economy to tank ... which is why they are where they are TODAY, Torp. Over half the country, I know, totally agrees.
I guess we'll SEE in November, want we?

Even it we eliminated you favorite whipping boy the military there would still have to be some serious cuts in social programs
Well, which is my favorite "whipping boy", Torp ... "Trickle Down" or fraudulent, wasteful military spending? You can't have both, yet you've charged me with both. Why can't you discuss a topic without taking an adversary position simply to argue?
If the government would do these things, the Nat'l Debt (screw the deficit) would go DOWN ...
  • minimize fraud & wasteful spending (50% or more) in Medicare/Medicaid/Military, you're looking at a trillion right there.
  • go to single-pay health care and cut the fraud
  • modify Social Security retirement/disability
  • modify the personal/corporate tax rates
  • enforce trade agreements & penalize corporations who hide money/jobs overseas
  • make quality education a "must" starting in grade schools
Just remember, however, its not about COMMON SENSE ... its about POWER! So there really is NO SOLUTION in a 2-party system, without term limits & the validation of the popular vote.

And you know what they say about "OPINIONS" ... right? Here's what I have seen ... I've seen the national debt take off like a rocket under Reagan and deficit spending caused by "trickle down" ... in fact, with the Bushes, it was over half of what we have now due to deficit spending by Republicans. Yes, the debt has skyrocketed, but under a whole total different set of circumstances than under Republicans. Republicans, for 7 years have been trying to get the economy to tank ... which is why they are where they are TODAY, Torp. Over half the country, I know, totally agrees.
I guess we'll SEE in November, want we?
Love your opinions Mac. The nation debt goes from 10 trillion to 0ver 19 trillion under President Obama. But at least according to you it wasn't his fault. In the 111th congress (his first) the Democrats held majorities in both house so he had a pretty free reign on his agenda. He did get PPACA through and we are all seeing how that is panning out. Then the Democrats lost control of the House for the 112th Congress. Finally the Democrats lost control of the House and the Senate for the 113th Congress. Now lets take a look at the what Reagan had to deal with. For the 97th, 98th, and 99th Congress the Republicans only controlled the Senate, for the 100th the Democrats controlled both houses.

Mac you piss and moan about all the terrible things that Reagan did but he never had Republican control of both houses during his tenure. President Obama had Democratic control of both houses when he came into office and all he has done is whine about the "obstructionist Republicans" . It appears Reagan spent more time leading and less time whining than President Obama does.

As to opinions yours and mine. Opinions are like assholes everybody had one. But the business world has paid a lot of money over a lot of years to hear what comes out of this asshole can you say the same. Maybe you can come up with a nice graphic. :sex:

Well, which is my favorite "whipping boy", Torp ... "Trickle Down" or fraudulent, wasteful military spending? You can't have both, yet you've charged me with both. Why can't you discuss a topic without taking an adversary position simply to argue?
If the government would do these things, the Nat'l Debt (screw the deficit) would go DOWN ...
  • minimize fraud & wasteful spending (50% or more) in Medicare/Medicaid/Military, you're looking at a trillion right there.
  • go to single-pay health care and cut the fraud
  • modify Social Security retirement/disability
  • modify the personal/corporate tax rates
  • enforce trade agreements & penalize corporations who hide money/jobs overseas
  • make quality education a "must" starting in grade schools
Just remember, however, its not about COMMON SENSE ... its about POWER! So there really is NO SOLUTION in a 2-party system, without term limits & the validation of the popular vote.
Again nice ideas, but where is the how?

Again nice ideas, but where is the how?
Well, geeeee, Torp, you want me to do ALL THE WORK ... you're the solutions man, here ... "jest git it done!"
Your "conservative boys" won't even come to the table ... they're the ones that signed a "PLEDGE To Grover Norquest", right? Before anything can happen, everyone has to come to the table, right? Republicans take new revenue OFF the table, that's half the solution.

gotta run ... family cookout (its mom's day) calls my attention away from this "always fun" discussion with the TORP!.:(

Well, geeeee, Torp, you want me to do ALL THE WORK ... you're the solutions man, here ... "jest git it done!"
Your "conservative boys" won't even come to the table ... they're the ones that signed a "PLEDGE To Grover Norquest", right? Before anything can happen, everyone has to come to the table, right? Republicans take new revenue OFF the table, that's half the solution.
There not my boys Mac. If you get a chance read post #188 on this thread

The nation debt goes from 10 trillion to 0ver 19 trillion under President Obama
since when was that of any importance to the republican party?
under Reagonimics it wasn't any concern at all... no taxes... big spending on defense ... on and on.... national debit was through the ceiling but it wasn't a concern... took a good Dem to get it back under control......and then along comes another republican ... no tax increase... spends on all kinds of wars.. debit of no concern..... along comes another Dem... tries to work on it.... but the party of no stopped anything he tried to do and wants to complain about the debt.... big problem with rationale here

My point is..... the debt has never been of any concern to a republican president.... and yet when the elections come around it is always a big issue... the dems have done more to control it than the republicans .. until this president and the republicans have gone out of their way to block anything he has tried to do.... most of what he has got done was through presidential decrees with no help from congress

just to prove my point..... they were/are willing to shut down the government and not pay the bills .. (they already approved) without a care in the world even risking the countries credit rating

.... If you get a chance read post #188 on this thread
OK, I read it. We've had discussions on some of this before, but if you're looking for comment from it, here's what I think:

#1..... No doubt Obama was responsible for accelerating the Nat'l Debt more; it was just over $10 trillion when he took office. There were 2 options ... one continue bailouts that Bush began, or let everything go to bankruptcy and reorg. Personally, I think he did the right thing, but of course, when Bush was doing it, it was ok with the Republicans. Obama had plans of bringing everything under control, but unbeknowist to him, the night before his inauguration the Republicans (led by Newt Gingrich) were planning the Party Of NO strategy; that's a known fact that all members of that meeting now admit doing. The Democrats do terrible in mid-term elections and lost important momentum by allowing the House, and then the Senate to go back to Republicans. Good strategy by the the Kochs and Republicans to go after state & local governments. So, if the Republicans had just washed their hands of Obama's strategy (not been constant obstructionists) I could totally agree that it was ALL on Obama, but they chose to obstruct. So,the Republicans, like it or NOT, do have OWNERSHIP in the current state of the nation.
#2..... You talk again of Reagan and the fact that he didn't have a trifecta Presidency, yet he got things done. One thing that it says is that Democrats were willing to work WITH Reagan, not conspire against him. In my book Reagan set the course of the nation on "deficit spending" that hasn't stopped to this day, and even Cheney coined his little phrase saying "deficit spending doesn't matter" when giving those unbudgeted Bush tax cuts. Of course, with Obama in office, that song quickly changed.
#3.....The way Democrats went about PPACA was wrong ... but, in defense, they constructed it after the Romney plan AND moved the bill along because Republicans had given 3 administrations of "lip service" and continued kicking that can, like everything else, down the road. Once PPACA got going, Republicans tossed obstruction after obstruction in front of ACA to ******* it, UNLIKE the Democrats helping Bush get the unbudgeted Medicare, Pt.D off the ground once it started foundering.
#4.....As far as President Obama "leading" instead of complaining ... after the second obstructionist meeting by the Republicans on Obama's second inauguration, he did start leading ... he started going AROUND the Republicans in Congress with his Executive Orders, and ohhhhh my, NOW he's violating laws and the Republicans wanting to impeach him. Did you know that Pres. GW Bush made MORE Executive Orders while he was in office than Obama? I don't recall the Democrats calling to impeach President Bush, however, do you?

.....So, I'll wrap this up by saying, there was absolutely NOTHING Obama could do to please the Republicans except if he died in office; that would have made a lot of Republicans happy. I still say, I'm glad it was Obama that got elected rather than McCain & Palin ... I get chills down my back just imagining the devastation those idiots would have had on the USA ... wars, wars, wars, another Great Depression ... no telling what would have happened. Now the dingbat Tea Party Palin is organizing a party to go after Speaker Ryan and get him ousted. That bitch simply will NOT go away ... when you Republicans get a bad penny, you just hold onto them, just like Newt Gingrich. The sooner the Republicans can get the Tea Party out of the Republican party the better off THEY will be.

Want the Nat'l Debt to go away, encourage your Congressman to go to the table of negotiations with new President Hillary Clinton, and ask HER for a "balanced approach" to bring it down ... she'll do it.​

Last edited:
#2..... You talk again of Reagan and the fact that he didn't have a trifecta Presidency, yet he got things done. One thing that it says is that Democrats were willing to work WITH Reagan, not conspire against him. In my book Reagan set the course of the nation on "deficit spending" that hasn't stopped to this day, and even Cheney coined his little phrase saying "deficit spending doesn't matter" when giving those unbudgeted Bush tax cuts. Of course, with Obama in office, that song quickly changed.
The seeds of deficit spending started under Roosevelt. There is some good arguments that government meddling actually lengthened the Great Depression. At the time of the Pearl Harbor attack the unemployment rate was around 18%. The war came along and everybody was either working for the war effort or fighting the war. That masked the fact that Roosevelt's social programs really weren't very successful. Of course a lot of people believe he got the country out of the Great Depression when it was really the WWII that did

Back