Vintage blacktowhite ... when it was really taboo

Because the interracial scene was so much more taboo way back in those days, it makes me wonder if any of these interracial couples way back then ever thought for an instance that the interracial lifestyle would ever be as popular, if not thee most popular lifestyle in the USA, Europe and other countries, as it is today.. Thanks to the internet and interracial sites like this and many more, it’s almost to the point that it’s no-longer taboo to see a white woman with a black man anymore. Not too long ago, it was rare for me to see a white woman with a black man and now when we go some place out and about, it’s rare if we DON’t see an interracial couple,.. even some with mixed-race children. And even more surprising is that most of these couples are always very attractive couples. For example, I follow “Dancing With The Stars” and there’s one of the pro dancers by the name of Allison Holker who has a ******* from her white ex-husband and now she’s remarried to a black guy where they have just been blessed with their second mixed race baby.. If anyone is curious, look her up in Instagram. They have a beautiful family and I so respect them for being so happy. Oh how things have changed for the best..

UNFORGIVABLE BLACKNESS

I absolutely LOVE this thread. I'm a lover of history for one thing. On all matter of subjects. I've only looked at about a quarter of this thread so far, but I intend to take my time and get through every last single bit of it. Every single page! I especially like the old swinger magazine covers and ads.

It all makes me think about how times must have been for the first black heavyweight boxing champion Jack Johnson 🥊 He won the title in 1908 by knocking out Tommy Burns in Australia (they stopped filming the fight right before the KO so the world wouldn't see a black man knock a white man out), and was running around openly with white women at a time when a black man easily could have been lynched for doing that. He even married a couple of white women.

When Johnson successfully defended the title by easily beating up the first "Great White Hope" Jim Jeffries in front of thousands of hostile, racist, hate-filled white people who would have just as soon been satisfied to see him hang, he had a white woman sitting ringside to watch him knock that white boy out. I would not have had the cojones to do what Jack Johnson was doing in the early 20th century during the era of Jim Crow. That took one hell of a LOT of courage!

The federal government even passed a law aimed specifically at him called the Mann Act to try to get him for transporting white women across state lines for an "immoral purpose". That caused Johnson and his wife to ultimately flee the country. He only came back when his mom was sick and dying. Well over a century later, Jack Johnson received a pardon for his "sinful crimes" from the president of the United States.

If you want to see an outstanding documentary on Jack Johnson's life and learn something about the history of race relations in the United States at the same time (including sexual relations between black and white), then I highly recommend the film Unforgivable Blackness by Ken Burns. Of course, everything that Burns touches turns to gold.

CF177FB4-D6BB-4888-AABC-A90364ADF9AC.jpegEC932AFF-225A-4996-B6D3-6D0DF0D849D6.jpeg3A39C0AB-333C-490C-A53F-B6C4A077DE96.jpg33AC2761-B820-426B-8332-9D62357927BA.jpeg12EFE4C2-B5E9-43EC-9FBC-12D302C587F4.jpeg761E7351-F094-45D5-9A2C-F225A3FD8B9D.jpeg03C5A35E-CF75-478C-BF7F-E93915F2DA99.jpgF7255584-64C4-400F-9048-5BA3B3F6A2DB.jpeg552FFD92-0FF6-4741-8FA5-EC0FDEE50B35.jpeg94102A79-CDE6-4CE6-BDC5-AE440B470D08.jpegF0C04C98-CEC1-4437-A7F5-8C848FCA33CD.jpeg

Last edited:
UNFORGIVABLE BLACKNESS

I absolutely LOVE this thread. I've only looked at about a quarter of it, but I intend to take my time and get through every last single bit of it. Every single page! I especially like the old swinger magazine covers and ads.

It all makes me think about how times must have been for the first black heavyweight boxing champion Jack Johnson 🥊 He won the title in 1908 and was running around openly with white women at a time when a black man easily could have been lynched for doing that. He even married a couple of white women.

When Johnson beat up the first "Great White Hope" Jim Jeffries in front of thousands of white people who would have been satisfied to see him hang, he had a white woman sitting ringside to watch him knock that white boy out. I would not have had the cajones to do what Jack Johnson was doing in the early 20th century. That took one hell of a lot of courage!

The government even passed a law aimed specifically at him called the Mann Act to try to get him for transporting white women across state lines for "immoral purposes". That caused Johnson to flee the country. He only came back when his mom was sick and dying. Decades later Jack Johnson received a pardon for his "sins" from Donald Trump.

If you want to see an outstanding documentary on Jack Johnson's life and learn something about the history of race relations in the United States at the same time (including sexual relations between black and white), then I highly recommend the film Unforgivable Blackness by Ken Burns. Of course, everything that Burns touches turns to gold.

View attachment 3080121View attachment 3080129View attachment 3080134View attachment 3080135View attachment 3080136View attachment 3080137View attachment 3080138View attachment 3080139View attachment 3080140View attachment 3080141
Somewhere in this thread pictures of him were also posted.

UNFORGIVABLE BLACKNESS

I absolutely LOVE this thread. I've only looked at about a quarter of it, but I intend to take my time and get through every last single bit of it. Every single page! I especially like the old swinger magazine covers and ads.

It all makes me think about how times must have been for the first black heavyweight boxing champion Jack Johnson 🥊 He won the title in 1908 by knocking out Tommy Burns in Australia, and was running around openly with white women at a time when a black man easily could have been lynched for doing that. He even married a couple of white women.

When Johnson successfully defended the title by beating up the first "Great White Hope" Jim Jeffries in front of thousands of racist, hate-filled white people who would have just as soon been satisfied to see him hang, he had a white woman sitting ringside to watch him knock that white boy out. I would not have had the cajones to do what Jack Johnson was doing in the early 20th century during the era of Jim Crow. That took one hell of a LOT of courage!

The federal government even passed a law aimed specifically at him called the Mann Act to try to get him for transporting white women across state lines for an "immoral purpose". That caused Johnson and his wife to ultimately flee the country. He only came back when his mom was sick and dying. Well over a century later Jack Johnson received a pardon for his "sinful crimes" from the president of the United States.

View attachment 3080121View attachment 3080129View attachment 3080134View attachment 3080135View attachment 3080136View attachment 3080137View attachment 3080138View attachment 3080139View attachment 3080141View attachment 3081344
That would have been President Trump who stepped up and did the right thing for Jack Johnson. You failed to mention that.

Maybe my comment was way off reality and I’m sorry if that comment upset you. Yes, I shouldn’t have said that and totally agree with you.
I know you didn’t mean it. Interracial relationships back then were really dangerous. Can you imagine how fast he would have been lynched had it been known he was also fucking his sister in law?

Back