TRUMP is baaaaaaaaaaaack !!!!!

Here is one for Ridge: Brooklyn, the entire borough, is putting up an Erev, thereby allowing the Shabbat observance of “not carrying outside of the home” , to be acceptable within the Erev. The only place it will not include is a specific area in Williamsburg, where the Satmar community live.

it's not a new thing. manhattan has had a huge one forever, and there were a ton of smaller ones all over brooklyn already

Our price of medications in our country offset the cost for the rest of the world, nevermind that we incur the cost of most r&d.

Again, the price of negotiated prices is offset by someone else paying a higher price.
We may rank first in development, but India is first for supply. Here again, government could participate more , in funding for research and development, lowering the costs of *******, but I suppose that would be offset by higher taxation.

Our price of medications in our country offset the cost for the rest of the world, nevermind that we incur the cost of most r&d.
the cost of R&D comes from granting agencies, both from the US federal government and abroad

the risk / reward for basic science needed for _drug and treatment development is simply not there in the private sector.

Again, the price of negotiated prices is offset by someone else paying a higher price.
you don't understand supply and demand. _drug companies charge the most that a customer can bear, regardless of what other people pay. This is basic, basic economics

it's not a new thing. manhattan has had a huge one forever, and there were a ton of smaller ones all over brooklyn already

The smaller ones were community based. Manhattan’s Eruv was paid for by donations as is Brooklyn’s Eruv. The Satmar’s have their own Eruv. Crown Heights no, the Rebbe didn’t approve. Now all have allowing increased movement
the cost of R&D comes from granting agencies, both from the US federal government and abroad

the risk / reward for basic science needed for _drug and treatment development is simply not there in the private sector.

you don't understand supply and demand. _drug companies charge the most that a customer can bear, regardless of what other people pay. This is basic, basic economics
I understand BASIC economics, that is it.
The owners of big pharma , such as the Sacklers ( Perdue Pharma) , refute your claim. Trust companies own many big pharmaceutical corporations. Therefore people, buying shares, have a stake.
The US does invest our tax dollars in R&D . Be it by grants or direct payment
I often wonder why US senators receive checks from big pharma. Must be they own stock.
Another thing I ponder, the FDA gets donations from big Pharma. Oh, just call me a skeptic.

This is interesting. You didn't know. So you went to Wiki and rewrote EXACTLY what I wrote above the post you're answering.
"Apparently we read books here. QE is a tool of an economy that is based in monetary policy. It's an effective tool for a recession NOT for inflation. It would generate MORE and HIGHER inflation."
So your response is an, 'I know it too'.
However, the subject was inflation, not recession. And, if you don't know the difference, then you should not be in this conversation.

QE was a response to a recession (how could that happen if there wasn't economic cycles) and it used both levels of monetary policy, interest rate adjustments and monetary expansion through purchasing of bonds issued by the treasury, this is called money printing. Both of these have been used twice for extended periods of time in the 21st century, notably 2008 and in response to COVID. Your illiterate dem Chester molester friends are easy to persuade, but as you go about your day you and I both know the quality of your Chicago public school education is garbage and you should really just stop.
I went to Catholic school, and a Catholic University. Jesuits did a damn fine job with me.
Compared to your one room schoolhouse, where you clearly didn't advance.
Everything you wrote above has zero to do with the subject at hand, inflation and monetary policy.
You are faking knowledge here, it's obvious to those who understand it.

As far as education goes, just going over your messages from the last three days tell me you don't have one.
Present an argument, support your argument with research, draw a conclusion. Look at the counter points, pick each one off.
Learn how to do that, and stop barking up garbage.

Ridge, how on G-s’s earth , do you know about Eruv’s? I don’t think you looked upwards and noticed a fishing line. I’m sure you read the slimes, but you know more than the average bear. Are you a recovering Satmar?
You views on Zionism, your knowledge of Rebbe Teitelbaum’s work , are leading me to think .

Comical that you think a kitchen is more regulated than Healthcare and health insurance.
In a kitchen, you have electricity, gas, water and refrigeration. Each one of those has a book on regulations on the parameters of operation. How hot can the water be? Types of pipes, bundling the electricity, auto-off switches, how much gas can flow at max, at min? Filters. Computer chips. My espresso machine alone has aspects of inspection before it goes to market. 1000s of little regulations in your kitchen, each of the major appliances as well as the smaller.
Here's a simple one for you. You ever wonder why a coffee cup doesn't explode when you pour hot coffee in it? Regulations on the appliance, as well as the manufacturing of coffee mugs.
Shall we talk about the food? Everything that's bought has to pass government inspections. Any fingers in your breakfast sausage? No. Pasteurized milk at what temp? Who decides the Grade of the eggs? The butter? The meat?
Even utensils.

A little known law coined ObamaCare would have something to say about that. Nevermind all the requirements in the pharmaceutical industry (unless it was for the poison covid vax) or medical device companies.
Something like what?
Continue to show us you don't know what you're talking about.

One thing on trusts, they protect your assets against medicaid, if you didn't know that you should be looking into it (not Ed because he knows everything, I here he is giving a lesson to Astraunauts on flying space shuttles next week, so cue Challenger 2.0).
If she puts her assets in a trust, then apply for medicaid, that's called fraud. Internet advice. :rolleyes:
I don't know everything, but I do it's 'Astronauts'.

The owners of big pharma , such as the Sacklers ( Perdue Pharma) , refute your claim.
No they don't

The US does invest our tax dollars in R&D . Be it by grants or direct payment
I often wonder why US senators receive checks from big pharma. Must be they own stock.
they're not allowed to take direct payments from pharma companies that would be bribery.

they are allowed to own stock though, which should not be the case.

Another thing I ponder, the FDA gets donations from big Pharma. Oh, just call me a skeptic.
that doesn't even make sense. that's like asking if the moon gets donations from Big Pharma. Does the moon get donations from Big Pharma? Really makes you think

Milton Friedman also likes to point out that money printing tends to have quick and easy impacts to the economy and GDP with the negative impacts taking a long time to realize, but the reverse is true for combating inflation, restrictive monetary policy is immediately painful and the benefits take a long time to realize. We can see this exact sentiment playing out now as the PPI continues to climb.
Thank you for again proving my point. And now that you 'know' ths, STFU about the economy recovering slowly from inflation. It cannot recover too fast or, well, you just wrote about it.

Anyone that has had an addiction knows this intuitively because the instant gratification is powerful and the road of recovery is hard. The law of diminishing returns applies despite what you modern monetary proponents would like to believe.
Are you familiar with the law of diminishing returns?
Because if you are, you were not showing it at all yesterday. Or today.

If she puts her assets in a trust, then apply for medicaid, that's called fraud. Internet advice. :rolleyes:
I don't know everything, but I do it's 'Astronauts'.
the real advice for someone taking care of elderly parents who is not extremely familiar with the US health care and financial systems is to talk to a goddamn professional.

do your parents qualify for medicare advantage? are they using all their benefits? are you familiar with benefits they're entitled to? do you have a lawyer writing up power of attorney and living will and doing estate planning?

there's about 200 private companies that administer medicare advantage plans, and they all offer different services (like free rides to treatment appointments etc)

Ridge, how on G-s’s earth , do you know about Eruv’s? I don’t think you looked upwards and noticed a fishing line. I’m sure you read the slimes, but you know more than the average bear. Are you a recovering Satmar?
I've lived in NYC for over a decade

like half the women I've dated have been jewish

You views on Zionism, your knowledge of Rebbe Teitelbaum’s work , are leading me to think .

I got my views on zionism from Chomsky

I read up on Satmars because I live in Brooklyn and was curious. Sometimes I get really curious and end up reading founding documents about neighboring religious sects.

I live across the street from a mosque right now; I should read up on islam too.

We may rank first in development, but India is first for supply. Here again, government could participate more , in funding for research and development, lowering the costs of *******, but I suppose that would be offset by higher taxation.
PLEASE!!!!
At one time R&D was funded much more by the government. We used to have these facilities called Universities. All kinds of great vaccines and modern medical conveniences came from there. The private sector took more scientists, and paid them more, and receive research grants because we don't value education over tax cuts.

Back