Thumb rings as a signal

I don't remember where I picked up on the thumb ring thing. Think it may have been in a chat discussion about symbolic items like ankle chains, tattoos, QoS charms, etc. The gay community has it's subtle signals, the IR wife sharing/cuckolding has been searching for something similar to show their interests in a discrete way.

Look Up This Is It GIF by Audible

Look Up This Is It GIF by Audible

Replying to a fairly old thread, sorry about that...

But our experience is that some think the thumb ring is a signal that one is a swinger, although isn't it funny how generic that term itself has become? Heck, these days it seems that just about everything is a symbol/sign that one is a swinger, or something else :rolleyes:

Like the link above, it seems that in reality the sign or symbol, whether a ring (type, color, material, location...), tattoo, bracelet, anklet, necklace, earrings, color of nail polish, etc... probably is more of a mental fantasy and exciting thing for the couple or wearer than other people who have no idea, or some other idea. And with that in mind, isn't it funny to think how many people see someone with a certain type or location of ring, anklet, or whatever and make some assumption about that person that is waaaay off base and might really embarrass them if someone said something? I bet that wrong assumption happens a lot! :LOL:

... well those misunderstandings of course exclude something super obvious and direct like a shirt that spells it out ;)

For another example, look up the ace of spades symbolism for example, and one will find a handful of meanings that have nothing to do with QoS.

That all being said, again at our age we still kind of associate a thumb ring with swinging, so when we see one, we nudge each other and grin :)

Back