Getting Nails Done, Black Polish on Ring Finger

Margiejj

Female
I posted this to another section, but I keep seeing this more often. Any ideas on this, I find it exciting to watch other women.

All the ladies I work with went out after work today for mani/pedis. I was the only white person of the group…six in all. The shop we went to was a new shop for me, but the ladies always go there. Owner was Africa American.

So, as we sat down all the other ladies were telling my manicurist to give me the special look. I could tell something was going on, as there were some whispering amongst themselves. I picked out a nice red color for my nails, but the manicurist told me I had to get black nail polish on my ring finger nails. I asked why, she just said this is the special.

I’ve asked before, but having a different color on the ring finger nails seems to mean something, but I can’t find anything online. I see many women with different color nails, just wondering what the real meaning is, if there is one

I posted this to another section, but I keep seeing this more often. Any ideas on this, I find it exciting to watch other women.

All the ladies I work with went out after work today for mani/pedis. I was the only white person of the group…six in all. The shop we went to was a new shop for me, but the ladies always go there. Owner was Africa American.

So, as we sat down all the other ladies were telling my manicurist to give me the special look. I could tell something was going on, as there were some whispering amongst themselves. I picked out a nice red color for my nails, but the manicurist told me I had to get black nail polish on my ring finger nails. I asked why, she just said this is the special.

I’ve asked before, but having a different color on the ring finger nails seems to mean something, but I can’t find anything online. I see many women with different color nails, just wondering what the real meaning is, if there is one
The sentiment behind black nail polish on the ring finger actually supports a very noble and important cause. Many people, including some prominent celebrities, have joined hands and painted a single fingernail in solidarity with the prevention of violence that is enacted against children.

For the sake of credibility: https://orlybeauty.com/blogs/news/what-does-black-nail-polish-mean

Back