The N word is not a turn on. Period.

I agree it is hypocritical for people who support rappers that frequently use the N word in their lyrics to disapprove of members of different races using that word. Also, the argument that there are two meanings of the N word — one used by blacks which ends in a, and one used by whites/other races that ends in r — is ridiculous.

I agree it is hypocritical for people who support rappers that frequently use the N word in their lyrics to disapprove of members of different races using that word. Also, the argument that there are two meanings of the N word — one used by blacks which ends in a, and one used by whites/other races that ends in r — is ridiculous.
It boggles my mind that black guys act like they are brand new to hearing the N word . We as black folks hear that word several times a day by someone. I know I do .

Last edited:
I said previously I don't use the word at all...I don't. It's too drenched in Black b.lood for me. Richard Pryor happens to be one of the greatest comics of all time. If not the greatest. I don't remember what concert it was when he spoke of coming back from Africa. He said he saw no nigg*rs there. From that point on he said he would never use the word again. Whether he changed over time I don't know. I have no issue with Black people who use the word in a famial manner. I must admit there's a different energy when it comes from somebody outside the "family". I think this is because it was used for so long as a pejorative, a slur, a racial epithet. It has no power over me however. I just prefer to express myself differently. Positively or negatively. Depending on the circumstances.

I don't use the word in any context. It's not one I chose to keep in my vocabulary. Even in the heat of the moment, I'm not screaming that word out, at all! I can think of many words to use to get my point across than to resort to racially provoking slurs. To me that shows ignorance... ( please don't come at me, I'm tired and it's Sunday 😉)

Back