Terms: "Swinging Wife", "Hotwife" and "Slutwife"?

mywayintermsofsex

Male
Gold Member
Request For Discussion (RFD): What do the terms swinging wife, hotwife and slutwife stand for?

Do they have same, disjoint, or different - but (potentially) overlapping - meanings? What do you think?

Could you please give me your definition or explanation of those adult lifestyle roles?

And what is the correct term for the respective husband`s role?

Any answer is highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

I think this is correct.
Swinging Wife = A married couple, black or white, that just plain swings.
The husband could be referred to as a Swinging Husband.
Hotwife = A good looking married female.
Slutwife = A married female who will screw anyone.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Request For Discussion (RFD): What do the terms swinging wife, hotwife and slutwife stand for?

Do they have same, disjoint, or different - but (potentially) overlapping - meanings? What do you think?

Could you please give me your definition or explanation of those adult lifestyle roles?

And what is the correct term for the respective husband`s role?

Any answer is highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Swinging Wife = A married couple, black or white, that just plain swings.
The husband could be referred to as a Swinging Husband.
Correct. i think the main definition of a swinging couple (no matter if both or only one of them play(s) with others) is the way of socializing.

Swingers swing within their community. They meet intentionally at swing clubs, or have an arranged appointment with like-minded people (couples or singles) they are already acquainted with, in their own homes, a hotel room or other places. Swingers are commonly identified by their attitude and self-identification with the swingers` community, its etiquette and typical appearance (fashion, personal hygiene, ...).
Slutwife = A married female who will screw anyone.
Nicely put. i think the main difference to a swinging wife is that a slutwife seeks out for opportunities to "screw around" with a variety of arbitrary men who could be almost anyone (and not necessarily a swinger) in many different locations and situations.

Many a slutwife would choose to have more than one man at the same time or one after the other, for instance randomly in public places (dogging locations) or at a club, or in a private set up gang bang in a hotel room or at home.

Some would solicit and charge money for their "service", and in many cases their husbands would pimp for them. However, the correct term for such a husband is unknown to me. :(
Any ideas?
Hotwife = A good looking married female.
i would say that`s what the common use of the term "a hot wife" is. The "hotwife" (compound spelling!) in contrast is a particular role within the adult lifestyles that differs from both the roles of the "swinging wife" and the "slutwife" in some (many?) ways.

i think her husband is commonly referred to as a "hotwifing husband".

Swinging wife I would concur is the partner in a couple that is into the swinger's lifestyle. Haven't really thought about the definition of a slutwife

I like to consider myself as a hot wife. "Married but free to date" is my definition. It could be casual encounters or having a lover. Basically the same as being single when it comes to the dating scene. But obviously more inclined to end the date with sexual activity. All encouraged by her husband. Who definitely should not be assumed to be cuckold.

Hot wife could also be used in conjunction with being a "unicorn" in the swinging scene. A unicorn being a single woman who participates in the swinging lifestyle without a male or female partner.
In spite of your last statement, the use of the term "hotwife" for a "unicorn", i think this would be even contradicting, as that is used for a single woman without a partner. (Why then "...wife"?)

Your other definition of a "hotwife" seems valid and very well put. Although it should really be "hotwife" rather than "hot wife", as not to confuse it with common use outside the sphere of the adult lifestyles, as in "Wow, this wife is hot!" or "Look at her. Isn`t she a hot wife?", simply meaning "a wife that`s good looking/sexy" without any further assumptions made about her sexual or dating habits.

And i agree with you that a hotwife`s husband can`t in general be assumed to be a cuckold. Hence my suggestion for the term "hotwifing husband" in lack of my knowledge of a better term. Do you think this is appropriate or do you know a term more suitable?
And what is the hotwife`s husband`s lifestyle role? Is he involved in his hotwife`s activities, and, if so, how?

Also, does a particular term for a slutwife`s husband exist?

Thanks in advance for any answer.

In my opinion and experience, I thought hotwife was a wife who screwed other men while her husband watched or joined in. Without any cuck stuff.
Is it a condition for the hotwifing husband to watch or join in? ImO not necessarily. A hotwife could well be with her lover(s) even without her husband present.

i think the point is that a hotwifing husband knows, approves and - more than this - encourages(!) his wife to be a hotwife. To me it seems there must be some sort of gratification for the husband from his wife being a hotwife. Otherwise we would simply speak of a (half-)open relationship on the wife`s end rather than a hotwifing couple, i think, and of the husband simply as "wifesharer"?!

Please, post your opinions about this subject (hotwifing husband`s encouragement vs. plain approval, and his (sexual?) gratification). Thanks.
(...)

A hotwife being a unicorn. My opinion. Nothing more. Like the definitions discussed. Our opinions. A wife who plays within the lifestyle as a single woman fits the unicorn definition. In my opinion.
You are def. right about the unicorn definition. Yet it looks like that could be any female within the swinging lifestyle and need not even have to have a partner or to be married. Also i think there`s a difference between the roles of a "swinging wife" and a "hotwife". But you are right, a swinging wife could also be a hotwife, but ImO not necessarily.
Hotwifing husband? I don't know exactly how he would be best described. Consenting, supportive? Or blissfully ignorant. His involvement is their own decision. Probably something that can't be defined. Maybe "husband" and its general definition is all that is needed.

(...)
"Blissfully ignorant"? i don`t really think that`s a good description of a hotwifing husband. From what i have read a hotwifing husband usually loves his wife in a way that he puts her on a pedestal. He thinks of her as the personalization of female sexiness, a woman he can hardly imagine a man who would not want to be with her. As the "ultimate femme" her husband feels that she, the hotwife, is deserving of having the greatest and most satisfactory sex possible, whenever she feels like it, even if it sometimes means with another man (or woman).

Do you think this description of a hotwifing husand is at least somewhat correct? Thx.

.....Hotwife & Slutwife are used interchangeably ... a wife who has sex with other people. Only difference being that the use of the word hot instead of slut further distinguishes the visual appearance of the wife as being attractive, which is actually each person's own opinion, since each of us usually perceive differently what we consider HOT.
Swinging wife ... is really no word in and of itself, but a combination of a noun (wife) with an adjective (swinging) that further defines the wife.
.....More concerning, however, is the misconception of what a cuckold is, which is by written source definitions simply "a married man who's wife is adulterous or is having sex with other men". It makes no difference whether the husband knows or not of his wife's sexual activities, or whether he encourages or not his wife's sexual activities ... the pure fact that he is a MARRIED man who's wife is having sex with others DEFINES him, by definition, as a cuckold. The key words in the definition are married and adulterous, which has its own definition as well but applies to either the male or female of a marital relationship whereas the word cuckold specifically defines the male half of a marriage.
.....The word cuckold is used too loosely in conversations, as some perceive it to involve members of other races or color, thus making conversation between 2 individuals with different understandings of the word more difficult. I wish people would try using the word wittol ..."a man who is aware and tolerant of his wife's infidelity; an acquiescent cuckold more often" a bit more in conversations of married men who get enjoyment out of their wives screwing other people.

Last edited:
(...)More concerning, however, is the misconception of what a cuckold is, (...)
Different uses of the word cuckold are confusing, i agree.

And yet, from common use within the adult lifestyle community it can be inferred that there is a second broadly accepted meaning that differs from the older dictionary definition (ancient usage). It is no doubt that cuckolding already has its place within the adult lifestyles, and probably sooner or later will eventually be included in dictionaries. ;)
(...)Hotwife & Slutwife are used interchangeably ... a wife who has sex with other people(...)
ImO that`s a misinterpretation. A wife who has sex with other people could well be any "unfaithful wife" with no particular correlation of her actions and an adult lifestyle.
The lifestyle counterpart to the "unfaithful wife" would be the shared wife; her husband knows and approves of her being "sexually adventurous" with others which in turn means she is not being unfaithful.

The concept of a shared wife is more general and not that specific as that of a swinging wife, hotwife or slutwife. Although all of those three suffice the definition of a shared wife they are different from each other in some ways (and their meanings cannot be derived by simple word analysis but by common usage within the adult lifestyle community!)

Unfortunately, common usage does not yield a clean definition as usage within a diverse community cannot be consistent. But some traits that are recurring in use for certain terms can be observed.

It is notable that this discussion is about particular lifestyle roles, not people! A person can take on one role at one time and a different at another. As an example, an adult who indulges in the BDSM lifestyle may take on the role of a Dom in a particular situation or play and that of a sub at another time. This means that terms like swinging wife, hotwife and slutwife do not per se exclude each other, but yet they do have some different characteristics.

As already mentioned, a swinger (wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, single person) "swings" within the swinging community, which is a subculture of the adult lifestyles with its own rules, "folks and strokes". A hotwife or slutwife may well play outside that community, and the hotwife usually does.

While the slutwife`s intent is usually that of quantity, and sexual interaction is an important goal, the hotwife in contrast seeks for quality in a man; attracting and seducing men, being flirted with and feeling adorable is often more important than the potential sexual act itself.

In an effort to have sex the slutwife would dress overly revealing or even cheap. The hotwife in contrast would dress to seduce - sexy but yet classy.

The slutwife would willingly "service" strangers, even a bunch of them, while the hotwife would typically like to know the man or men first, to see if they are "deserving" of her.

^ Just some descriptions that show that the roles of a hotwife and a slutwife can actually be quite different. ;) ^

What do you think? Do you agree/disagree with my remarks? Thx.

And yet, from common use within the adult lifestyle community it can be inferred that there is a second broadly accepted meaning that differs from the older dictionary definition (ancient usage).
No doubt that cuckold has taken on broader meanings now that it has hit the vocabulary mainstream. It can apply to either a male or female who's spouse or significant other has cheated on them, where a monogamous relationship is normally understood. When Sandra Bullock's husband cheated on her, she referred to herself as "being cuckolded", and I've heard it used by other women and single individuals who's partners cheated. And, I've heard it used quite frequently on TV.
The lifestyle counterpart to the "unfaithful wife" would be the shared wife; her husband knows and approves of her being "sexually adventurous" with others which in turn means she is not being unfaithful.
I didn't see the request for a shared wife, but that could be voluntary or not, as well. One could be sharing a spouse/wife and not know they are in fact "sharing". It isn't a word, parse, but a description of a individual.
The concept of a shared wife is more general and not that specific as that of a swinging wife, hotwife or slutwife. Although all of those three suffice the definition of a shared wife they are different from each other in some ways (and their meanings cannot be derived by simple word analysis but by common usage within the adult lifestyle community!)
Just the mere fact that hotwife and slutwife are spelled as one word, not two, helps those words ease into the mainstream of conversation and definitions as actual words. The swinging wife and shared wife are still spelled separately, thus giving the root word wife specific definitions based upon the adjective word that precedes it.
It is notable that this discussion is about particular lifestyle roles, not people! A person can take on one role at one time and a different at another.... This means that terms like swinging wife, hotwife and slutwife do not per se exclude each other, but yet they do have some different characteristics.
Yes they do have different characteristics. Agree.
While the slutwife`s intent is usually that of quantity, and sexual interaction is an important goal, the hotwife in contrast seeks for quality in a man; attracting and seducing men, being flirted with and feeling adorable is often more important than the potential sexual act itself.
In an effort to have sex the slutwife would dress overly revealing or even cheap. The hotwife in contrast would dress to seduce - sexy but yet classy. The slutwife would willingly "service" strangers, even a bunch of them, while the hotwife would typically like to know the man or men first, to see if they are "deserving" of her.
I believe I eluded to those identifiers but didn't elaborate as you have. Makes sense.
What do you think? Do you agree/disagree with my remarks? Thx.
I think both you and I have provided a lot more discussion of these words than the O-P possibly intended or wanted. I probably would have not commented on this thread had I not seen the word cuckold so abusingly used. Although, this type of discussion helps breaks the monotony. If the O-P feels he has a better understanding, then you and I have "done our work" ... Mac

Although it might have some flaws, meanwhile this is the best i was able to elaborate...

View media item 36906Black boxes mean "outside the adult lifestyles", red boxes mean "within the adult lifestyles".

What do you think: Is this diagram adequate? Where are the errors, and what needs to be corrected? Thanks.

To prevent confusion i have created diagrams that show the terms from my above "flow chart" style diagram in dependance on a scale from "generalized" to "specialized", where higher located terms are more general and lower located terms are more specialized.

The arrow denotes a "is a" relation. And can be read like this, for instance: "A wifesharer is a husband."

hubby-lifestyle-diagram.png

i add this because from the "Wives` And Husbands` (Adult Lifestyle) Roles" flow chart diagram such relations can not be seen directly.

A special case is that of a "swinging wife" because she might be swinging either behind her husbands back as an "unfaithful wife" (and "unicorn" in the swinging community), or with her husband`s knowledge and approval as a "faithful wife".
Also her husband may or may not be part of the swinging experience, which means he is either a "swinging husband" himself, or "just" a "wifesharer", respectively.

wife-lifestyle-diagram.png

Again, red boxes mean roles within the adult lifestyles.

@MacNfries: i hope you don`t fall in love with me, just because i have posted this. ;) :p :cool:

Last edited:
Back