School Shooting in Oregon

Of course with the United States being the only civilized country with it's people having the rights to own guns we will have the highest gun related crimes. You look at other countries instead of gun related crimes and murders they use car bombs and mass murders by attaching bombs to the bodies. Guns are not the problem cars are not the problem bombs in general are not the problem. When I was in school we had our deer rifles and shotguns in our vehicles in the school parking lots. The problem is RESPECT Back then we respected our parents respected our teachers and respected the rights of others. Now days it seems like no one cares.

Of course with the United States being the only civilized country with it's people having the rights to own guns we will have the highest gun related crimes. You look at other countries instead of gun related crimes and murders they use car bombs and mass murders by attaching bombs to the bodies. Guns are not the problem cars are not the problem bombs in general are not the problem. When I was in school we had our deer rifles and shotguns in our vehicles in the school parking lots. The problem is RESPECT Back then we respected our parents respected our teachers and respected the rights of others. Now days it seems like no one cares.
I've heard that a higher percentage of Canadian citizens are gun owners than American citizens, but they use them far less in criminal activity. Maybe they just own more deer rifles and shotguns. I think that an assault rifle would be difficult to justify there. Here, it's justified simply because to take away the right to own an assault rifle would be considered trampling on the 2nd Amendment. But they in Canada don't have an NRA lobby there either defending the use of high capacity magazines (and claymore mines, too). Winchester Model 70 in 7 mm Rem. Mag., Remington Model 700 in .270 Win., Weatherby Vanguard in .300 Win. Mag, etc., etc. (Ruger Model 77 [.30-06 Springfield] is fantastic...accuracy sucks after 3 rounds, tho...so PERFECT for NOT being used by criminals, lols). All very good deer/elk/antelope/bighorn sheep rifles, in my opinion. But lousy for robbing homes or car-jacking folks or robbing the ******* store or pawn shop. AR-15? Glock in .40 S&W? AK-47/74 or -103? Lousy for deer/elk (compared to the former, at least), better for aquiring others jewelry, vehicles or electronic goods. But the latter are what everyone here (in America) these days seems to want to own. Great for me because i'm more interested in the former!!! But for society? Says a lot, i think!

Still, your respect idea makes the most sense...our culture...very violent in nature. We've been a warring country with a powerful global military presence at least all of my life. So we require a violent culture. Respecting others, be they other people or animals or other nations, would probably reduce our desire to send our troops everywhere and we wouldn't be as affronted when we see a different nation sending troops into areas like we do. It's all a part of us being Number One, maybe. Rome, with the violent games they adored in their arenas and their global military, was also Number One for a very, very long time.

Last edited:
IMHO, you all should get the actual statistics on gun deaths in the US, then break down the numbers by states, cities. You will find the most gun deaths are in the most stringent cities that have gun control laws. Now, why is that, if we have gun control laws........??????

IMHO, you all should get the actual statistics on gun deaths in the US, then break down the numbers by states, cities. You will find the most gun deaths are in the most stringent cities that have gun control laws. Now, why is that, if we have gun control laws........??????
Well, i suppose if there are laws against gun ownership it's not like the criminals would be averse to breaking those laws like any others. Only law-abiding citizens would be obeying these laws.

If Canadians have more guns and they just own more deer rifles and shotguns.

When they go out, do they get more bang for the buck???? :D
lols...i'm guessing yes. poor Cecil...if only that dentist jerk were a Canadian and not a Minnesotan (altho, very close).

Well, i suppose if there are laws against gun ownership it's not like the criminals would be averse to breaking those laws like any others. Only law-abiding citizens would be obeying these laws.
.....I think we need to take into account the number of "marginal criminals" that would avoid becoming involved in gun violence & altercations if the gun laws & restrictions were better structured. Only the hardened criminals are really going to ignore the laws of the land on a continuous basis.
.....Certainly relaxing the laws and encouraging all citizens to carry guns would have exactly the opposite effect ... more marginally good people would lose their tempers (road rage, small arguments, etc) and use the guns to settle minor altercations, simply because of the convenience and brief period of insane anger.
.....As of this past week, we've now had 4 preteen children in NC, killed from gun violence. And another national road rage violence made the Nat'l news last week, resulting in a 4 year old girl being killed while riding inside her dad's pickup. This is simply not acceptable to continue writing off as "unavoidable". Even good people, IF we all carried side arms, are going to miss their targets and innocent people killed because of it. There'd just be more of them.
.....I'm a gun owner myself, but damn it, the growing statistics & gun violence insists we quit being influenced by those who have all to gain if more guns are on the streets.
pic_Thinking2.jpg ..... pic_words-CommonSense.jpg

Last edited:
Back