Reparations

I don't think it really applies to much . But it's a great topic to bring up if a black wants to use the fuck out of a white

Wait, in what normal situation would this be brought up? Never had anyone bring it up to me in person in a serious way. As part of race play in a BDSM scene yes but that’s different and part of their fantasy.

I don’t think reparations are financially feasible. If world governments started paying out to all groups who have been systemically wronged in the past they would likely have to devote a huge fraction of their GDP to doing so. A good example of this is another entitlement: social security. According to the National Academy of Social Insurance, over 5% of the US GDP was devoted to social security alone in 2016. Medicare was around 18%.

tl;dr: We can’t afford it.

My ancestors were farmers who were never below the Mason/Dixon line so I have nothing to apologize for. I do have an ancestor who was killed at Vicksburg fighting for the North to end slavery. As far as I know, nobody in my family ever received a thank you.
Lol you don’t know that

Do we owe Black men reparations for our racist ancestors?

I believe so
Where does it begin. And end ? What about American Indians ? White men took the whole North Ameican continent from them. What about. Aztecs ? Mayas? Incas ? What about Caribbean Indians that Spainsh decimated so much they needed black slaves to work the Sugar Cane.

I don’t think reparations are financially feasible. If world governments started paying out to all groups who have been systemically wronged in the past they would likely have to devote a huge fraction of their GDP to doing so. A good example of this is another entitlement: social security. According to the National Academy of Social Insurance, over 5% of the US GDP was devoted to social security alone in 2016. Medicare was around 18%.

Both of which WORKING People paid into, their whole working life!! The Federal Government illegally took Loans from both Funds. Something that was specifically forbidden. The Federal Government Drained both Funds to the Point that they are in now.

Both of which WORKING People paid into, their whole working life!! The Federal Government illegally took Loans from both Funds. Something that was specifically forbidden. The Federal Government Drained both Funds to the Point that they are in now.
Yep, AND we are still increasing the deficit. :(

Social Security is not an entitlement like welfare and food stamps. Rather earned income. Many programs can exist through private donations without government funding. Therefore reparations are feasible as long as the government isn’t picking up the tab.

Back