Real Racism in this lifestyle ???

King of the Swirl

Male
Real Person
Gold Member
From
CA, US
Hi folks I had an interesting experience this weekend I thought I would share. I went to a Swingers/lifestyle meet and greet this weekend. Now this is an organized on going event that is stated to be open to all interested couples, single men and single women. I have known about this event for some time but thought I would check it out , since I would be in the area anyway. I get there and this meet and greet takes place at a bar/ restaurant type place ,it is on the small side but clean and cozy.
The crowd seems friendly as I order a ******* and say hello to a few of the other guest. There were quite a few hot females there dressed in their sexy best and the guys were dressed nice but casual, as was I, Of course there were a few more couples than singles. Now as I mingled around the bar I noticed that there was some type of separation going on, the bar seemed to be divided into sections, there was an area where all of the white couples and singles seem to gather, then there was another area where it was all hispanic couples and latina women, then there was a section where white women with black men were hanging out. Now I'm not one to assume anything, so I walked around the bar several times to see if what I was observing was correct, it seemed everyone was comfortable, and no one was making waves, but I did notice everyone seem to be staying in there designated areas and hanging with their own crowd, so maybe it was just an understood thing ?? Now being the assertive black bull I am, I decided to go ahead and break ranks, so I meet this nice friendly white couple visiting from out of town with sexy big boobed hot wife, so they invite me to join them at the bar and we strike up a good conversation, I can see they are showing definite interest. The hostess of the meet and greet comes over and interupts our conversation and starts chatting up the couple, pulling them aside, whispering to them, so soon I get the picture that the hostess is definitely cock blocking me. After a few moments I decide to mingle else where, so as I make my way over to the pool tables I see a tall leggy blonde give me a big smile, so I go over introduce myself and she tells me her name, we strike up a conversation and no more than 2 minutes into our conversation her husband/boyfriend or who ever comes over and introduces herself, now I can see the look of fear and terror on this guys face, and you could feel the trepidation coming off of him, he immediately tells his girl to come over by him so he can give her a pool lesson. I find the whole encounter quite comical, So I hang out for a while and mingle around the bar a little more still observing how everyone is staying and mingling in their designated areas according to race. After a while I decide to just leave, but it was a reminder that not everyone is into the interracial lifestyle these days and that even within the open minded people of the lifestyle prejudice still exists. Anyone here ever have a similar experience???

Hi folks I had an interesting experience this weekend I thought I would share. I went to a Swingers/lifestyle meet and greet this weekend. Now this is an organized on going event that is stated to be open to all interested couples, single men and single women. I have known about this event for some time but thought I would check it out , since I would be in the area anyway. I get there and this meet and greet takes place at a bar/ restaurant type place ,it is on the small side but clean and cozy.
The crowd seems friendly as I order a ******* and say hello to a few of the other guest. There were quite a few hot females there dressed in their sexy best and the guys were dressed nice but casual, as was I, Of course there were a few more couples than singles. Now as I mingled around the bar I noticed that there was some type of separation going on, the bar seemed to be divided into sections, there was an area where all of the white couples and singles seem to gather, then there was another area where it was all hispanic couples and latina women, then there was a section where white women with black men were hanging out. Now I'm not one to assume anything, so I walked around the bar several times to see if what I was observing was correct, it seemed everyone was comfortable, and no one was making waves, but I did notice everyone seem to be staying in there designated areas and hanging with their own crowd, so maybe it was just an understood thing ?? Now being the assertive black bull I am, I decided to go ahead and break ranks, so I meet this nice friendly white couple visiting from out of town with sexy big boobed hot wife, so they invite me to join them at the bar and we strike up a good conversation, I can see they are showing definite interest. The hostess of the meet and greet comes over and interupts our conversation and starts chatting up the couple, pulling them aside, whispering to them, so soon I get the picture that the hostess is definitely cock blocking me. After a few moments I decide to mingle else where, so as I make my way over to the pool tables I see a tall leggy blonde give me a big smile, so I go over introduce myself and she tells me her name, we strike up a conversation and no more than 2 minutes into our conversation her husband/boyfriend or who ever comes over and introduces herself, now I can see the look of fear and terror on this guys face, and you could feel the trepidation coming off of him, he immediately tells his girl to come over by him so he can give her a pool lesson. I find the whole encounter quite comical, So I hang out for a while and mingle around the bar a little more still observing how everyone is staying and mingling in their designated areas according to race. After a while I decide to just leave, but it was a reminder that not everyone is into the interracial lifestyle these days and that even within the open minded people of the lifestyle prejudice still exists. Anyone here ever have a similar experience???

That was a fucked up meeting. People tend to congregate where they are comfortable. The point of meeting other people is to get out of your comfort zone and live. Unfortunately, that group had preconceived prejudicial ideas. I would have liked to hear what might have happened if you had stayed. I wonder if the leggy woman would have come over to you at some point. I wonder if people would have become more comfortable with getting out of their groups. The woman (hostess) who came over and pulled the couple away from you is definitely an uptight little tiny white-dick fucked, screwball who has blinders for eyes. She lives in her little safe microcosm unaware of the pleasures she misses by hiding away from those she deems to be "risky". And those she deems to be "risky" would be anyone other than the lilly white racist people she has always associated with. One can only feel sorry for her.

That was a fucked up meeting. People tend to congregate where they are comfortable. The point of meeting other people is to get out of your comfort zone and live. Unfortunately, that group had preconceived prejudicial ideas. I would have liked to hear what might have happened if you had stayed. I wonder if the leggy woman would have come over to you at some point. I wonder if people would have become more comfortable with getting out of their groups. The woman (hostess) who came over and pulled the couple away from you is definitely an uptight little tiny white-dick fucked, screwball who has blinders for eyes. She lives in her little safe microcosm unaware of the pleasures she misses by hiding away from those she deems to be "risky". And those she deems to be "risky" would be anyone other than the lilly white racist people she has always associated with. One can only feel sorry for her.
Yeah seemed like a fucked up weird situation to me

I wouldn't be too critical of the club regulars, as flsub mentions, people tend to stay in their comfort zones. Heck, I've seen black people do it at various social functions ... its not just whites, or Hispanics, its everyone. I remember in high school dances the girls often sat on one side and the guys on the other. People are losing their abilities to hold face-to-face conversations because of all the texting and dating services going on. We've become a shake&bake society where we want our comforts & desires instantaneously instead of having to put forth an effort to work for them.
The "meet & greet" works better when there are things like dancing and karaoke going on to get people involved. You might try going back to that swing club a couple more times, so people get use to your face. Possibly one of those ladies will come up and mention that she "saw you there last time" and you can pick up the conversation again. But don't expect the ladies, or their gentlemen, to gather around you simply because you're a stud black male. Treat 'em nice and let 'em get use to you ... you could eventually end up being the main attraction.

Back