Old School 70’s & 80’s R&B

First off, I’m not saying there hasn’t been any good music made since then or that other types aren’t good as well. But I wonder how many others there are, especially around my age, who fondly remember the days when some good old R&B was enjoyed by almost everyone regardless of who you were. I may be a little too nostalgic, but it seemed that it didn’t matter if you were black or white or whatever, music like this made you move to the beat. There was no way to sit still when it was playing. Always a good mood cause everyone was singing about enjoying life and having fun. It was also cool to see the style and class of outfits that many wore back in the day, even tho it’s a little dated by today’s standards. I know there are problems in the world and some use music to bring attention to issues that should be addressed and I’m not saying that’s wrong by no means. Me personally however, I prefer music to set a good mood like these old songs did back in the day. I realize some of you weren’t born when a lot of this was made, but I’d still like to see comments from you and your thoughts about it as well. There were a lot of great songs, but this is just one of my favorites. Rest assured you can believe it when those who are older say there were some “Good Times” back then.

I listen to a lot of old stuff.

Lots of soul. Luther, Marvin, Aretha, Teddy, etc.

Lots pop & funk. Prince, Isley Brothers, James Bron, Sly & The Family Stone. I can go on.

But there is a ton of amazing music now if you look in the right places. I listen to a bit of everything and I'm always able to find music I like. Gotta look and be open.

I think we tend to romanticize the past a lot because things were a lot slower back then. It wasn't information overload where we can have millions of songs in our pockets a few seconds away.

I think we tend to romanticize the past a lot because things were a lot slower back then. It wasn't information overload where we can have millions of songs in our pockets a few seconds away.
This right here pretty much sums it up. We easily forget the fact that there was a time not long ago where we didn’t have instant anything and everything all at once. Not that it’s a bad thing necessarily. But sometimes it good to just slow down for a moment and do like the song says. Take your time and do it right. 👍

Back