Nfl 2015 season

Panthers 49 - Cardinals 15 ... WOW! Now we know what happens when the Panthers offense stays at full throttle for an entire game ... damn! Major loss, though, LB Davis out with broken arm.
View attachment 761960.....View attachment 761961

Congratulations PANTHERS for making the SuperBowl!

Congrats on your team making it to the big dance, Mac! This should be a game for the ages with the two top defenses and offenses in the league. Wade Phillips vs Ron Rivera, helluva match!

Now be prepared for two weeks of mindless, contrived "stories" about any and everything in order to fill the void between now and kickoff.

I do, however, like the underlying storylines that shape this matchup- the young, up and coming Panthers, disrespected all year (people were calling them the worst 10-0 team of all time, experts saying the Cardinals and Seahawks were the favorites in the NFC) led by Cam Newton, who looks to be the new face of the NFL, and Luke Kuechly, the best inside linebacker in the NFL, and the swarming pass rush of the Broncos, in what will likely be Peyton Manning's swan song, as he attempts to write the final chapter of his legacy and ride off into the sunset with his second Super Bowl championship, like his boss John Elway did.

.....I'll stick with my Panthers by golly. Even I underestimated their abilities after a few key injuries, but, damned if they didn't patch holes and not lose a bit of "mo".
.....Thing I really like about Cam, however, is that he's a "showman" ... he adds some much needed LIFE back into the game of football. With his size, talent, & strength, he could play just about any position on that field. Those diving end-zone leaps, although entertaining, make my butt crack tighten up every time he does that stuff. He's setting all kinds of records now, every down he plays ... and the trend of "giving those footballs to the *******" ... got every kid in NC/SC becoming a Panther/Cam Newton fan.
.....Hats off to LB Davis, too ... the man has had 3 ACL surgeries, now has a broken arm, and he's insisting he will play on Superbowl Day.
.....This will certainly test the Best Offense against the Best Defense, but I don't think Denver has faced a QB like Cam; they blitz him, he'll find a hole, tuck the ball, and run ... simple as that. And I surely believe our Offensive Co-ordinator, Shula has learned his lesson about taking the foot off the offensive accelerator.
gif_CarolinaPanthers3.gif "Good Luck ... PANTHERS!"

Feeling really good about the Panthers and Superbowl 50 ... only concerns I'm having is with Davis playing with a broken arm, and the ability of the Panther Defense to keep Manning from setting up for long pass gains. A big part of tackling is being able to wrap up the player and finish the tackle ... will Davis' broken forearm keep him from doing that? Manning is playing the game having had 3 neck fusion surgeries and needing hip replacement ... hard to believe he would risk playing such a game with the possibility of paralysis from one hard hit. I'd hate to see such a great player as Manning get hurt that way. I believe the Panther Defense can contain the Bronco ground game.

Panthers should score their share of points ... around 30+, and I don't see the Bronco's scoring more than 21 ... my nod, although partial since I'm a Carolinian, goes to the Panthers 32-17 over the Broncos.
pic_SuperBowl50.jpg

Last edited:
Although manning has been playing better and better as the playoffs went on, he is still a far cry from the old Peyton. The mind is definitely there, but the physical skills are fading fast. After all the injuries the last few years, who can blame him?
I tend to agree with Mac's conclusion. I honestly don't even think the Broncos will be in the game past half time. If they are, it will be their defense that carries them.
Final score: Panthers 35 - Broncos 10.

Didn't the Panthers lose to Atlanta? I'm just saying, no one is invincible. It's up for grabs to me. I don't see either team giving up more than 24 points though.

... no one is invincible. It's up for grabs to me. I don't see either team giving up more than 24 points though.
.....Zack, not meaning to show any disrespect for Denver, it's just fun predicting. They do it in Vegas, don't they? I think the line is Panthers +5 right now. But, yes, the Panthers could lose and I'd have to eat crow ...wouldn't be the first time.
.....Panthers certainly aren't invincible, but when the Panthers played the Falcons the second time in Atlanta, they were beat up in the secondary ... still are, actually. They've had to go out on the free agent market to find players to fill the holes. That's their weak spot as far as i'm concerned. Also, the first time the Panthers played the Falcons (2 weeks prior), they knocked the Falcons out of a chance at the wild card ...Falcons were still smarting from that. Also, the Panthers were 14-0 at the time and were wrestling with the thoughts and distractions of trying to go undefeated instead of resting key players. Plus, that was the week Cam Newton's baby boy was born and Cam left 2 days early to be with the mom & baby. Still, they only lost by 6 points.
.....I've got mixed feelings myself about Manning playing, actually. I was a Colts fan before Manning ever arrived at the Colts, and I've always thought highly of Manning. He's had 3 neck fusions (serious surgeries) and is out there playing with metal pins in his neck. If he gets hit hard (and he is going to get tackled more than a few times), he could become paralyzed. I'm still at a loss as to why he would play such a game with his health.
.....But, as far as I'm concerned, I'm just having some fun ... Cam Newton has brought a new style of enjoyment to the game that I thought was becoming a bit stale. Mac

Never knew there was significant risk of that with peyton. After watching panthers go through seahawks oline like a knife through butter I'm kinda terrified for peyton.

Me supporting the broncos - they remind me of slightly not as good version of the 2013 hawks - especially with peyton going full game manager mode this season. Supporting them cause I'm fed up with this chat of cam being an emergent elite quarterback when Russell wilson doesn't get the same respect despite having similar attributes and stats and arguably more consistency over the past 4 seasons. . Plus I'd like peyton to get his swansong. I think cams gonna have plenty more championship possibilities. .

But in saying that I think hawks panthers rivalry is gonna grow with cam and Russell being the next Brady / manning.

@MacNfries

I think that you've overstated the danger to Peyton. Yes, he has had several major neck procedures, but if there was a high risk that one hit could permanently ******* him, no reputable doctor would have told him that it was ok for him to keep playing,

@falcondfw69

I wish I had made my prediction on here, I texted my best friend and fellow coach before the game 23-17 Broncos. He said Panthers in a blowout which surprised me a bit because he is a defensive coordinator and I thought he would have given greater heft to the Broncos defense.

The so called experts were way off on this one. I think people gave more credit to the Panthers' o-line and running game than they did the Broncos' defense, nor do I think they accounted for Denver's secondary being able to contain the Panthers' receiving corps, which outside of Olson wasn't anything special. As we saw, without the ability to run the ball consistently, Carolina wasn't able to make the plays down the field to offset that. And while the Broncos generated almost no offense, they created enough turnovers and got the short fields that they needed to keep the Panthers off kilter and convert field goal opportunities.

Whilw today wasn't Cam's or the Panthers' day, I think their day is coming in the near future.

Didn't the Panthers lose to Atlanta? I'm just saying, no one is invincible. It's up for grabs to me. I don't see either team giving up more than 24 points though.

Good Call ... Zack! You know, I've often heard that Great Defenses Win Championships ... should have listened. Cam was simply overwhelmed by the ruthlessness of the Bronco Defense, pure and simple.
gif_Yellowball-CryingTears5.gif

pic_SuperBowlChampions.jpg pic_Wreath-CarolinaPanthers.jpg

my missus is a panthers fan so I felt sad for her to see the way they lost.

I really hope the seahawks can get their ******* together in the off-season as I think any fixtures against the panthers next season could be huge.

my missus is a panthers fan so I felt sad for her to see the way they lost.

I really hope the seahawks can get their ******* together in the off-season as I think any fixtures against the panthers next season could be huge.

Unfortunately, Carolina and Seattle will not play in 2016 unless it's in the playoffs.

ahh *******. I didn't know the fixture list was already drawn up. that sucks - bet there aragainst eache in the nfl and the TV networks that would like to see that changed!

14 of the 16 games are predetermined, 6 divisional games, 4 against each team from one NFC Division (NFC West plays NFC East in 2016), 4 against each team in an AFC Division (in 2016, the NFC West plays the AFC East), and the last 2 games against the teams in the other 2 NFC Divisions with corresponding position in the standings, so since they were 2nd in the NFC West, they will play Green Bay (2nd in the NFC North) and Atlanta (2nd in the NFC South).

Back