Covid-19 FAQS (with my opinion at the very end)

Blade4u22

Male
Staff member
Real Person
Gold Member
From
CO, US
As the staff of this website, I feel it's my duty to help my members stay staff during these troubling days ahead of I can.

I'll start off by saying thank you to all the health care professionals and people risking exposure during this pandemic who may be reading this. I know you guys have families and love ones too but unfortunately have to risk your health and your loved ones health for the greater good. You're greatly appreciated and you're sacrifices will never be forgotten. Thank you.

Everyone should be prepared for things to be out of the norm for at least 6 months and we'd be lucky if things go back to normal by the end of the year.This first comment will be just facts in case in case no one is interested in my opinion. I'll start by admittedly saying I wouldn't call myself an expert in this field by any means so what I say could very well be wrong. But l am quite knowledgeable in the health related field and have studied the spread of pathogens for years in college and if my knowledge can help anyone I want to share it. Misinformation is this scenario will be incredibly deadly so while many people might know what I write or even ignore what I write but if it helps just one person and their family then mission accomplished.

These are the facts of COVID-19
I'll start off simply with what is Covid-19 and how is it spread?

Covid-19 (short for COronVIrus Disease 2019) is an incredibly infectious strain of Coronavirus that can result in death due to respiratory failure. Generally thought to be spread from person-to-person through respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with food.
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
Respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.

Why should I be worried about, how is it different from SARS and why should I be more than SARS or even the flu(H1N1)?

While COVID-19 and SARS but share the family of coronavirus COVID-19 is much more contagious and has killed more people even though SARS is technically deadlier. SARS has obvious symptoms of infection which meant it was easier to detect earlier on even though it was more likely to ******* you once you had it. COVID-19 has the unfortunate issue of infecting the host without showing any symptoms which makes it much easier for an infected person to pass it to others without even knowing they have it. Both have no vaccine and without a vaccine once you have it either your body recovers or you eventually die. Older people are more likely to suffer from weaker immune system and weaker lungs which is why it kills people over 60 at a higher rate, But younger people are still very much capable of dying due to COVID-19.

How can I protect myself from COVID-19?

As said previously, there is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) so the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
  • Clean your hands often
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
  • If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.

This next part is my opinion which I believe is still worth your time to read but that's your choice.
What does the end game look like? Where does end?

COVID-19 is so contagious, that we can't risk having one infected person living in what we used to remember was a normal society. There's no way one day, all movie theaters, restaurants, malls, etc are just going to open with the chance that one person may have it or else we're right back to where we all started. The end game has to be the vaccine. The problem is its not comming before 1 year (according to scientists) , and its not even guarented its gonna work (it might develop more strains like the flu does).

Because of that, I believe people should be prepared for things to be like this for a while. According to research there is realistically the amount of people infected is 4x the amount of confirmable cases and will double every 6 days. As I currently write this (at 03/21/2020 05:12), there are 275,469 worldwide cases [19,624 cases in the United States] so we're looking at realistically 1,101,876 [60,000] people infected and that number will jump to around 2 million [120,000] some time next week. That doesn't just go away! It can't! We haven't experienced something of this magnitude since the Spanish flu. This is just the beginning and real panic will set in once people start dying here at a quick rate. Before that happens be reasonable, but buy things that you may need to sustain yourself and your family. Long lasting food like pasta and rice, canned goods, things that can be frozen for long periods of time will be good to have once the seconds wave of panic begins. Most importantly though remember to wash your hands. Keep them clean with soap. No amount of hand sanitizer can replace that. If your running out of disinfectant then head to the liquorstore and buy some everclear and use it conservatively. It's 95% alcohol and will get the job done.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I wish for everyone out there to stay safe and healthy.

Thank you again to all the Healthcare workers.

As the staff of this website, I feel it's my duty to help my members stay staff during these troubling days ahead of I can.

I'll start off by saying thank you to all the health care professionals and people risking exposure during this pandemic who may be reading this. I know you guys have families and love ones too but unfortunately have to risk your health and your loved ones health for the greater good. You're greatly appreciated and you're sacrifices will never be forgotten. Thank you.

Everyone should be prepared for things to be out of the norm for at least 6 months and we'd be lucky if things go back to normal by the end of the year.This first comment will be just facts in case in case no one is interested in my opinion. I'll start by admittedly saying I wouldn't call myself an expert in this field by any means so what I say could very well be wrong. But l am quite knowledgeable in the health related field and have studied the spread of pathogens for years in college and if my knowledge can help anyone I want to share it. Misinformation is this scenario will be incredibly deadly so while many people might know what I write or even ignore what I write but if it helps just one person and their family then mission accomplished.

Covid-19 (short for COronVIrus Disease 2019) is an incredibly infectious strain of Coronavirus that can result in death due to respiratory failure. Generally thought to be spread from person-to-person through respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with food.
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
Respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.

Why should I be worried about, how is it different from SARS and why should I be more than SARS or even the flu(H1N1)?

While COVID-19 and SARS but share the family of coronavirus COVID-19 is much more contagious and has killed more people even though SARS is technically deadlier. SARS has obvious symptoms of infection which meant it was easier to detect earlier on even though it was more likely to ******* you once you had it. COVID-19 has the unfortunate issue of infecting the host without showing any symptoms which makes it much easier for an infected person to pass it to others without even knowing they have it. Both have no vaccine and without a vaccine once you have it either your body recovers or you eventually die. Older people are more likely to suffer from weaker immune system and weaker lungs which is why it kills people over 60 at a higher rate, But younger people are still very much capable of dying due to COVID-19.

As said previously, there is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) so the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
  • Clean your hands often
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
  • If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.

This next part is my opinion which I believe is still worth your time to read but that's your choice.

COVID-19 is so contagious, that we can't risk having one infected person living in what we used to remember was a normal society. There's no way one day, all movie theaters, restaurants, malls, etc are just going to open with the chance that one person may have it or else we're right back to where we all started. The end game has to be the vaccine. The problem is its not comming before 1 year (according to scientists) , and its not even guarented its gonna work (it might develop more strains like the flu does).

Because of that, I believe people should be prepared for things to be like this for a while. According to research there is realistically the amount of people infected is 4x the amount of confirmable cases and will double every 6 days. As I currently write this (at 03/21/2020 05:12), there are 275,469 worldwide cases [19,624 cases in the United States] so we're looking at realistically 1,101,876 [60,000] people infected and that number will jump to around 2 million [120,000] some time next week. That doesn't just go away! It can't! We haven't experienced something of this magnitude since the Spanish flu. This is just the beginning and real panic will set in once people start dying here at a quick rate. Before that happens be reasonable, but buy things that you may need to sustain yourself and your family. Long lasting food like pasta and rice, canned goods, things that can be frozen for long periods of time will be good to have once the seconds wave of panic begins. Most importantly though remember to wash your hands. Keep them clean with soap. No amount of hand sanitizer can replace that. If your running out of disinfectant then head to the liquorstore and buy some everclear and use it conservatively. It's 95% alcohol and will get the job done.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I wish for everyone out there to stay safe and healthy.

thank you, i still cant believe there are people suggesting this is a hoax to get Trump, thank you very much and i agree with everything you just said.

thank you, i still cant believe there are people suggesting this is a hoax to get Trump, thank you very much and i agree with everything you just said.
Thank you. Just doing my best to get rid of misinformation and to help. It may not be much but it's something

• Clean your hands often

Can I say that Covid 19 IS SARS..

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/grows-virus-cell-culture.html. I have started a thread in which I explain that this isn't new news for the west.

Dr. Fauci believes (but does not know for sure yet) that recovered people will be immune. Also perhaps people who are lightly exposed will develop immunity. These factors could hasten our attainment of the "herd immunity" (where enough people are immune so as to slow or prevent the virus from reaching those who are not) in the event the vaccine is very long in coming. Of course, the vaccine is The Grail as you say.

Also.....is ethanol (Everclear) effective? The sanitizers use isopropyl alcohol. We are being advised to use soap and water at home and sanitizer when you don't have the former handy.

The most dangerous part of this all is the fear mongering and hysteria. The most contagious part is the stupidity and it's spreading like a fire. God forbid we ever have a truly lethal epidemic instead of a 1% death rate.

If you have health issue's, especially heart and lung, or are over 60 , stay at home. The rest of us should just go about our lives. People have lost their fucking minds🙄

I hope everyone is paying attention to how our Rights are being restricted by govt officials everywhere. It should make you want to buy some guns, AR'S especially, and move out of cities

In my opinion and with respect for who is suffering from this disease, this Pandemic is nothing more than mass management.
COVID-19 will not cause more deaths than influenza caused in 2019 (650,000 deaths).
A new virus that causes deaths is the favorite subject of the press and if it comes from China it is more fearsome and suspicious.
Like influenza, people will die with this plague.
But this time the great owners of the money will benefit greatly, the panic of the people is their best reward. in a few months this will end, there will be thousands of unemployed, there will be thousands of small businesses in bankruptcy, there will be thousands of mortgages pending payment.
Before answering that I am an ignorant Republican, think about it for a moment.
In 2019 650,000 people died of influenza without TV cameras

In my opinion and with respect for who is suffering from this disease, this Pandemic is nothing more than mass management.
COVID-19 will not cause more deaths than influenza caused in 2019 (650,000 deaths).
A new virus that causes deaths is the favorite subject of the press and if it comes from China it is more fearsome and suspicious.
But this time the great owners of the money will benefit greatly, the panic of the people is their best reward. in a few months this will end, there will be thousands of unemployed, there will be thousands of small businesses in bankruptcy, there will be thousands of mortgages pending payment.

Yep. Which is why everyone reading this should realize that gun grabbers have brainwashed them and they should go buy guns. Especially good rifles.

Dr. Fauci believes (but does not know for sure yet) that recovered people will be immune. Also perhaps people who are lightly exposed will develop immunity. These factors could hasten our attainment of the "herd immunity" (where enough people are immune so as to slow or prevent the virus from reaching those who are not) in the event the vaccine is very long in coming. Of course, the vaccine is The Grail as you say.

Also.....is ethanol (Everclear) effective? The sanitizers use isopropyl alcohol. We are being advised to use soap and water at home and sanitizer when you don't have the former handy.
Everclear will be effective as an alternative to soap since it's 95% alcohol but I'd use soap before using everclear.

I do have some diluted everclear is use as disinfectant tho

The most dangerous part of this all is the fear mongering and hysteria. The most contagious part is the stupidity and it's spreading like a fire. God forbid we ever have a truly lethal epidemic instead of a 1% death rate.

If you have health issue's, especially heart and lung, or are over 60 , stay at home. The rest of us should just go about our lives. People have lost their fucking minds🙄

I hope everyone is paying attention to how our Rights are being restricted by govt officials everywhere. It should make you want to buy some guns, AR'S especially, and move out of cities
The problem with doing that is that you'd still be a carrier of the disease which would make it easier to unconsciously spread it to someone who is over 65 and has a pre existing condition

Influenza is a bad comparison and I hate that people make it. While the flu has killed more people it asymptomtic or nearly as infectious. Will covid-19 ******* half the world, no.

But what it will do is overload the medical system and hospitals won't have the ventilators needed to save every critical patient. The US health care system nor the world system isn't built to handle the amount of people that will need ventilators if every critical case happens at the same time which is what's happening at its current rate. The number of Americans ages 65 and older was 52 million in 2018. So a lot of people still have a chance to die or be hospitalized if this problem isn't handled correctly.

Being completely honest, in not worried for myself. I'm only 27/28. I'm worried for older people like my mom just turned 60 who it could easily *******

A good video..... also why for most people, a clean sock or pillowcase would be about as good as an N95 mask.
(also.....it does NOT end in a tired old facial.)

Influenza is a bad comparison and I hate that people make it. While the flu has killed more people it asymptomtic or nearly as infectious. Will covid-19 ******* half the world, no.

But what it will do is overload the medical system and hospitals won't have the ventilators needed to save every critical patient. The US health care system nor the world system isn't built to handle the amount of people that will need ventilators if every critical case happens at the same time which is what's happening at its current rate. The number of Americans ages 65 and older was 52 million in 2018. So a lot of people still have a chance to die or be hospitalized if this problem isn't handled correctly.

Being completely honest, in not worried for myself. I'm only 27/28. I'm worried for older people like my mom just turned 60 who it could easily *******
In my opinion you get to the same point, COVID19 is a disease like so many others, with a risk of death under 2% like many others. The difference is that this disease causes panic and fear will once again be the winners of the large economic groups and the most damaged are the poor and those who try to do business on their own.

That's incorrect but I can see the confusion. They're in the same family or coronavirus but covid-19 is a different strain of coronavirus than SARS which is why it's deadier. The link you provided just says their using SARS to learn more about Covid-19

I can see how you would be confused.

Covid19 is SARS.. I suggest you read my yet unfinshed multi part article on the subject for a better understanding. https://www.blacktowhite.net/threads/sars_coronovirus-and-how-everyone-was-proven-wrong.182759/

Covid19 is SARS-Covid2.

Just as the general public has become familiar with this terminology, officials have also begun using SARS-CoV-2 in connection with the recent outbreak. Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, shortened to SARS-CoV-2, is actually the virus that causes COVID-19 (the disease). As the name indicates, this virus is genetically related to the SARS-associated coronavirus (SARS-CoV) that caused an outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in 2002-2003, however it is not the same virus. So it isn't a different strain at all..It geneticaly linked to SARS.

Because there are many coronavirus types, referring to it simply as "coronavirus" is very general. The CDC and World Health Organization (WHO) encourage experts to use COVID-19 when referring to this new disease, a novel (or new) coronavirus that has not previously been seen in humans. In COVID-19, ‘CO’ stands for ‘corona,’ ‘VI’ for ‘virus,’ ‘D’ for disease and 19 indicates the year it was discovered.

Information supplied by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC),

I can see how you would be confused.

Covid19 is SARS.. I suggest you read my yet unfinshed multi part article on the subject for a better understanding. https://www.blacktowhite.net/threads/sars_coronovirus-and-how-everyone-was-proven-wrong.182759/

Covid19 is SARS-Covid2.

Just as the general public has become familiar with this terminology, officials have also begun using SARS-CoV-2 in connection with the recent outbreak. Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, shortened to SARS-CoV-2, is actually the virus that causes COVID-19 (the disease). As the name indicates, this virus is genetically related to the SARS-associated coronavirus (SARS-CoV) that caused an outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in 2002-2003, however it is not the same virus. So it isn't a different strain at all..It geneticaly linked to SARS.

Because there are many coronavirus types, referring to it simply as "coronavirus" is very general. The CDC and World Health Organization (WHO) encourage experts to use COVID-19 when referring to this new disease, a novel (or new) coronavirus that has not previously been seen in humans. In COVID-19, ‘CO’ stands for ‘corona,’ ‘VI’ for ‘virus,’ ‘D’ for disease and 19 indicates the year it was discovered.

Information supplied by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC),
Can you provide a link to the cdc article saying what you quoted. Since I have a Masters in athletic training and a minor in pathology I know you're wrong, but I'm willing to stand corrected if you can provide evidence from the cdc.

In my opinion you get to the same point, COVID19 is a disease like so many others, with a risk of death under 2% like many others. The difference is that this disease causes panic and fear will once again be the winners of the large economic groups and the most damaged are the poor and those who try to do business on their own.
I can definitely agree that people will and have already profited off of this. Hell even I have with my stocks. That being said I still think a lot more people are going to die than you realize since we haven't reached the peak yet

Back