College football venues

I would recommend attending an SEC game.
Don't be surprised, next weekend, if Georgia gets upset on their opener. They're playing my college ... App State.
Mountaineers are loaded, with a lot of returners from last year's bowl winner. They almost upset Tenn at Tenn last year. Michigan took 'em lightly and you know what happened to them. Plus, Apps are ranked in the top 100 in all the polls ...
FootballHelmet-AppState.jpg ...............gif_Yellowball-greedy.gif "I smell UPSET!" .....mascot-AppStateYOSEF.jpg

Last edited:
Again, some of these are of high school students.

wouldn't doubt it...it was just a bunch of pics I found somewhere...although the last one you have on your list..looks like a USC tag on her shorts

thought about deleting them.....just being a smatass posting them... and they are not really "on topic"

Last edited:
Expect some schematic changes to Iowa's offense this year

Firenze always manages to do a lot with a little....good coach!...he has to be... Iowa one of the few schools that HAS to have majority of the team "homeboys" (Iowa people!) same with the basketball team
the team took a little dive when the defensive coord retired a few years ago...(he has been there for years) but seems to have made a comeback again

I really am not a fan of the polls anyway....although like everyone else I support my home team...and it's nice to see your team being on the list... but the problem with polls........those sports writers....the ones whose opinion is so highly touted...are no different than anyone else...they push their team/conference......I guess that's why... (again I am biased also) the big ten has to work to get mentioned...the majority of the sports writers are from the left and wrong coasts!

I really am not a fan of the polls anyway....although like everyone else I support my home team...and it's nice to see your team being on the list... but the problem with polls........those sports writers....the ones whose opinion is so highly touted...are no different than anyone else...they push their team/conference......I guess that's why... (again I am biased also) the big ten has to work to get mentioned...the majority of the sports writers are from the left and wrong coasts!
Yeah maybe but most polls I have seen have the badgers at 10 and as much as I hate to admit it, that is probably too high. They had 3 players go high in the draft, lost their best returning player to an acl and have a qb who played in a few games last year and had a tough time. They go to BYU the third week and that has the feel of an ambush. Hope I am wrong though.

They go to BYU the third week and that has the feel of an ambush
the big ten normally does good in preseason.... it's latter they seem to stumble

don't think BYU is the powerhouse it used to be
but that doesn't mean they should overlook them either...they will be up for it

Last edited:
ESPN pulls an Asian announcer named Robert Lee from a uva game because of the events last weekend. I thought it was a joke till I double checked it. Gotta love the PC culture.

Yeah maybe but most polls I have seen have the badgers at 10 and as much as I hate to admit it, that is probably too high. They had 3 players go high in the draft, lost their best returning player to an acl and have a qb who played in a few games last year and had a tough time. They go to BYU the third week and that has the feel of an ambush. Hope I am wrong though.

I disagree about Wisconsin being too highly ranked to start the season. It's a function of the strength of the top of the Big 10+4 and that they are coming off an 11-3 season.

I know they lost Cichy to a torn ACL and there are questions at QB, but it doesn't seem to matter- whether under Alvarez, Bielema, Andersen, or now Chryst, they're going to maul people up front and run the ball and play solid defense. With the exception of Russell Wilson, they typically have game managers at QB and Hornibrook won't be any different.

The good news for Wisconsin is that aside from BYU in game 3, they have time to ease Hornibrook in before conference play, and while they play Michigan late, they don't have Penn State or Ohio State. Unless they ******* the bed against Northwestern, they should win the west.

I disagree about Wisconsin being too highly ranked to start the season. It's a function of the strength of the top of the Big 10+4 and that they are coming off an 11-3 season.

I know they lost Cichy to a torn ACL and there are questions at QB, but it doesn't seem to matter- whether under Alvarez, Bielema, Andersen, or now Chryst, they're going to maul people up front and run the ball and play solid defense. With the exception of Russell Wilson, they typically have game managers at QB and Hornibrook won't be any different.

The good news for Wisconsin is that aside from BYU in game 3, they have time to ease Hornibrook in before conference play, and while they play Michigan late, they don't have Penn State or Ohio State. Unless they ******* the bed against Northwestern, they should win the west.
I hope so. I'm missing a big high school game to stay home and watch them tomorrow night. It's just that hornibrook didn't appear to have the ability to even be a game manager last year. The sad thing is that they have a freshman on campus on a basketball scholarship who was considered to be a blue chip qb.
I would still consider them the favorite to win the west but it would be nice to see them take the next step. Oh well, as long as they keep beating the gophers.

damn... I'm used to being outnumbered in a lot of arguments...living in this redneck state.... and dealing with some on this board... but living in Big12 country and being a Big10 fan is hard

and all day yesterday I'm sitting with a bunch of OU fans and they are talking their talk... I'm laughing saying OU will not come into Ohio States home turf and do *******!

I just friggn can't believe it!
and to top it off Northwestern being beat by Duke!
I know Duke has been making great strides into the football world... but still......

and then my Hawks had some trouble with in state rival Ia St.... but that's always a tough game

oh well how about those KC Chiefs!

damn... I'm used to being outnumbered in a lot of arguments...living in this redneck state.... and dealing with some on this board... but living in Big12 country and being a Big10 fan is hard

and all day yesterday I'm sitting with a bunch of OU fans and they are talking their talk... I'm laughing saying OU will not come into Ohio States home turf and do *******!

I know Duke has been making great strides into the football world... but still......

and then my Hawks had some trouble with in state rival Ia St.... but that's always a tough game

Iowa did it with a Wisconsin kid at qb who the badgers apparently didn't think was good enough to offer. Have to think they are regretting that now.

Iowa did it with a Wisconsin kid at qb who the badgers apparently didn't think was good enough to offer. Have to think they are regretting that now.

well Wisc won this weekend I think
the only two Big 10 losses I saw was O St and Northwestern... unless Wisc had a bye week
it wouldn't be the first time people have let quality players slip out into some one else's grasp.... but then maybe he thought he could start at Iowa and not for a while at Wisc?????just a guess

well Wisc won this weekend I think
the only two Big 10 losses I saw was O St and Northwestern... unless Wisc had a bye week
it wouldn't be the first time people have let quality players slip out into some one else's grasp.... but then maybe he thought he could start at Iowa and not for a while at Wisc?????just a guess
Nebraska and Rutgers lost. Wisconsin won but the qb was sub par.

Did you happen to watch any of Nevada vs. Northwestern? If you did, then you wouldn't have been surprised by what Duke did to them?

Did you happen to watch any of Nevada vs. Northwestern? If you did, then you wouldn't have been surprised by what Duke did to them?

no I didn't .....here in Okl they pretty much stick to Big12....espn covers others but they still go to teams in the area....Just that N'western lately has been a decent team.... and I know Duke has been coming on...several teams that have always been "basketball" are starting to show up on the football map

no I didn't .....here in Okl they pretty much stick to Big12....espn covers others but they still go to teams in the area....Just that N'western lately has been a decent team.... and I know Duke has been coming on...several teams that have always been "basketball" are starting to show up on the football map

At least Oklahoma State ******* the bed early and saved everybody the trouble of speculating whether they could beat Oklahoma twice late in the year and make it to the playoff.

At least Oklahoma State ******* the bed early

around the state they were pretty hot *******!

and during the game they flashed a little brilliance...but overall...they were just flat out played!
and I'm surprised at OU...have mentioned that SOME around here...but doesn't go over well.I didn't think they would do that well at the start with a new coach...but with Stoops still on the payroll and doing???? maybe it shouldn't be a surprise...and never thought O st was that good anyway...but being big ten I didn't want them to lose....wouldn't surprise me to see Urban Meyer on the hot seat...they don't like losing there and send a coach packing in a hurry....remember earl bruce... winning record...but lost to Michigan 2 years in a row and they canned him!

stoops left supposedly for health reasons...but OU stillpaying him big bucks to stay and "advise".....ou doesn't want him taking another job elsewhere...they did the same for switzer for a long time
BUT what really "irked" me was my team...hawkeyes losing at home to Penn St...one heck of a game!..but I knew at the end why Firenze went for 2 again...that way if Penn st scored at the end...which they did..it would have ****** it into OT....that running back at Penn St...damn...avging what 9 yards a carry...I knew Penn St was a good team but didn't think they would beat us at home!

Don't be surprised, next weekend, if Georgia gets upset on their opener. They're playing my college ... App State.
Mountaineers are loaded, with a lot of returners from last year's bowl winner. They almost upset Tenn at Tenn last year. Michigan took 'em lightly and you know what happened to them. Plus, Apps are ranked in the top 100 in all the polls ...
View attachment 1414411 ...............View attachment 1414412 "I smell UPSET!" .....View attachment 1414440
You were saying?

Good-Fellas-Hilarious.jpg

*******!!!!!!!!

the only nice thing about my Iowa team last week!?

zzzxz1.jpg

just unheard of for them to have that kind of turnovers!
they always play just plain old hardnose football and don't usually beat them selves!

Back