Any get harassing phone calls by scammers claiming to fix your computer from a virus?

Is releasing that number a good idea or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

STIFFBBC

Male
From
Canada
I get them all the time but this time I missed their call and their phone number was exposed on my call display. This time they made a fatal error where they left their toll free number that I'd share to anyone that wants it. When you reach them they will try to sell you their garbage service that probably locks up your computer. DO NOT GET THAT SERVICE. This is just a means to harass the harasser and maybe put one of these useless businesses out of business. I already notified my police and my local politicians on the matter but little can be done as a lot of these centers are located in Karachi, Pakistan where an investigative documentary exposed their industry on Canadian television and they seem to be shielded from the do not call rules (at least in Canada). Again, if any like this idea I'll share their number so you can bug them, and if no one agrees with me this will become a dead thread. Later.

Last edited:
Yeah, Microsoft contacts me at least twice a week to inform me that my computer is transmitting a virus and that they want me to sign in on a website so they can take control of my computer and remove the virus for me ... oh how sweet of them. They're almost always from India and I usually try to mimic their accent and play along for a few minutes. One night I told the guy I could hardly hear him, would he please speak louder ... he did ... I continued telling him to please speak louder and he did until he was practically yelling, then got frustrated and hung up.

I got a scam phone call from "Publisher's Clearing House", where they tried to get me to send money to them. The call was based in Jamaica and I contacted local law enforcement about it, but they said there was nothing they could do. Never ever buy into a service that is unsolicited asking for any numbers from you including bank account numbers, phone numbers, IP addresses and social security numbers. They may tell you that you won a million dollars, but once they get your bank account number, you will not see any of the money in your account again.

Back