ANIME: A THREAD FOR ANY WHO LOVES IT AND WHO WANTS TO TALK ABOUT THEIR FAVOURITES.

I was always a fan of animé like Dr Stone, Death Note, DBZ, DB GT, Naruto, Shippuuden, Boruto, Bleach, World Trigger until it died, One Piece, No Hero Academia, The Slayers series, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, The Slayers, and the original Dragonball, DB GT, DB Super, DB Super 2, High School DxD, Death Note, Saitama (One Punch Man) and many others.

Of them all I greatly admired Naruto-Shippuuden-and currently Boruto as I found it to be inspirational just like No Hero Academia.

Anyone want to talk about it feel free to continue...
Great list. Currently watching Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online

Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Bleach, Negima, Love Hina, Sword Art Online, Initial D, Shakuga No Shana, Dragonball Z, Death Note, D Gray Man, Shuffle, I am sure I am forgetting a ton of them. Anyways big anime and manga fan.

Random discussion of blockbusters and action movies based on comic and anime characters

Just a random thing, but I’d thought I wanted to add my voice. Women haven’t been given many good roles, which really reduces the mass appeal of many movies. Now I’ll just offer my female eye’s view, with the caveat that I don’t think I represent that many women.

The Shadow 1994

I really, really liked the visuals and the music.

Alec Baldwin as The Shadow was great. Pure charmer.

Batman 1989

Michael Keaton wasn’t attractive. Nor was he smolderingly dangerous. Didn’t have that kind of appeal to women. I particularly disliked his hair.

Kim Basinger was all blonde, all sexy, a role that I both appreciated as a woman, and totally failed to identify with since she’s not the type of woman that I am.

Jack Nicholson played the role he does best – that of a psychopath.

Overall it was an entertaining movie, but I didn’t feel like watching it again. I wasn’t drawn to the male or female leads; the plot was nothing spectacular.

Batman Returns 1992

I felt Michael Keaton looked a bit better, but not the kind of guy I wanted to keep looking at.

The Penguin, of course, was a repulsive character. I did love Michelle Pfeiffer’s performance. It touched something in me. I know a lot of guys were looking at her skin tight costume, but I was all about a downtrodden secretary having a makeover and becoming powerful, dangerous, living her own life.

When Max Shreck shot Selina Kyle, I felt something died in me. Couldn’t accept to see him systematically shooting her once, twice, more times.

I hated Catwoman’s ending. It didn’t come across as right to me that an independent, feisty person like Catwoman would want to ******* herself along with her jerk male boss. She should have fled and survived to fight another day.

In the film it is suggested that Catwoman survived, but not in my mind. You can’t insult my intelligence like this. Catwoman’s skin tight outfit had no body armor. She was shot multiple times. How could she survive electrocution on top of all her horrible injuries?

Catwoman 2004

I felt Halle Berry did a good job in making a unique Catwoman, but she was let down by the men in this movie. Specifically: the male director, the male writers of the screenplay, and the male musician.

According to Wikipedia, this was the highest grossing female-led superhero film until Wonder Woman in 2017. OMG. This shows that Hollywood PC jerks can really ignore women. If they had made wonder woman in 2005, there would certainly have been a market.

Batman Forever 1995

Didn’t take to this movie. Heavily disliked the female role of Dr. Chase Meridian, since it was the typical damsel in distress stuff. Disliked the costumes even more. Bat Nipples. Ugh.

Batman & Robin 1997

Up front, this pissed me off because it didn’t give Alicia Silverstone (Batgirl) any titular billing. Plain sexist morons. She was cool, she put up a fight for her team, she was on promo posters, and she still got dropped from the title! WTF!

I did like looking at George Clooney. He makes a good Batman. I’m pretty sure any Wayne character has to be handsome and suave in public.

I am proud to say I got a pirated copy to watch because I was sufficiently mad that I didn’t want to pay the filmmakers a cent.

I did not like Poison Ivy’s role. She was a nonsexual academic nerd, an exaggerated version of the academic nerds that I did know and hung around with for a while. How did Poison Ivy turn into a sex fiend just like that?

I also did not like the way Poison Ivy was treated. She’s a villain, but she was sinned heavily against too. And why did she wind up having a male cellmate in prison? Isn’t that an invitation to *******? (Not to mention, Mr. Freeze was really pissed at her, so she was very vulnerable. Typical dismissal of the welfare of the female villain, disregard of the woman’s needs.)

Titanic 1997

I am completely allergic to certain kinds of movies. Basically if a lot of girls want to watch something thirty times over, and gather for sleepovers with – get this – an extra purchase of tissue paper or paper towels prior – I automatically want to stay away from this movie. It must be the antisocial nerd in me. What the cool girls gush over, I avoid like the plague.

It did help that I wasn’t particularly attracted to Leonardo DiCaprio. I felt his face was too broad.

I think no more than 0.1% of American women my age have not watched Titanic. I’m probably in the same category as some Amish or Hasidic women.

Random discussion of blockbusters and action movies based on comic and anime characters

Just a random thing, but I’d thought I wanted to add my voice. Women haven’t been given many good roles, which really reduces the mass appeal of many movies. Now I’ll just offer my female eye’s view, with the caveat that I don’t think I represent that many women.

The Shadow 1994

I really, really liked the visuals and the music.

Alec Baldwin as The Shadow was great. Pure charmer.

Batman 1989

Michael Keaton wasn’t attractive. Nor was he smolderingly dangerous. Didn’t have that kind of appeal to women. I particularly disliked his hair.

Kim Basinger was all blonde, all sexy, a role that I both appreciated as a woman, and totally failed to identify with since she’s not the type of woman that I am.

Jack Nicholson played the role he does best – that of a psychopath.

Overall it was an entertaining movie, but I didn’t feel like watching it again. I wasn’t drawn to the male or female leads; the plot was nothing spectacular.

Batman Returns 1992

I felt Michael Keaton looked a bit better, but not the kind of guy I wanted to keep looking at.

The Penguin, of course, was a repulsive character. I did love Michelle Pfeiffer’s performance. It touched something in me. I know a lot of guys were looking at her skin tight costume, but I was all about a downtrodden secretary having a makeover and becoming powerful, dangerous, living her own life.

When Max Shreck shot Selina Kyle, I felt something died in me. Couldn’t accept to see him systematically shooting her once, twice, more times.

I hated Catwoman’s ending. It didn’t come across as right to me that an independent, feisty person like Catwoman would want to ******* herself along with her jerk male boss. She should have fled and survived to fight another day.

In the film it is suggested that Catwoman survived, but not in my mind. You can’t insult my intelligence like this. Catwoman’s skin tight outfit had no body armor. She was shot multiple times. How could she survive electrocution on top of all her horrible injuries?

Catwoman 2004

I felt Halle Berry did a good job in making a unique Catwoman, but she was let down by the men in this movie. Specifically: the male director, the male writers of the screenplay, and the male musician.

According to Wikipedia, this was the highest grossing female-led superhero film until Wonder Woman in 2017. OMG. This shows that Hollywood PC jerks can really ignore women. If they had made wonder woman in 2005, there would certainly have been a market.

Batman Forever 1995

Didn’t take to this movie. Heavily disliked the female role of Dr. Chase Meridian, since it was the typical damsel in distress stuff. Disliked the costumes even more. Bat Nipples. Ugh.

Batman & Robin 1997

Up front, this pissed me off because it didn’t give Alicia Silverstone (Batgirl) any titular billing. Plain sexist morons. She was cool, she put up a fight for her team, she was on promo posters, and she still got dropped from the title! WTF!

I did like looking at George Clooney. He makes a good Batman. I’m pretty sure any Wayne character has to be handsome and suave in public.

I am proud to say I got a pirated copy to watch because I was sufficiently mad that I didn’t want to pay the filmmakers a cent.

I did not like Poison Ivy’s role. She was a nonsexual academic nerd, an exaggerated version of the academic nerds that I did know and hung around with for a while. How did Poison Ivy turn into a sex fiend just like that?

I also did not like the way Poison Ivy was treated. She’s a villain, but she was sinned heavily against too. And why did she wind up having a male cellmate in prison? Isn’t that an invitation to *******? (Not to mention, Mr. Freeze was really pissed at her, so she was very vulnerable. Typical dismissal of the welfare of the female villain, disregard of the woman’s needs.)

Titanic 1997

I am completely allergic to certain kinds of movies. Basically if a lot of girls want to watch something thirty times over, and gather for sleepovers with – get this – an extra purchase of tissue paper or paper towels prior – I automatically want to stay away from this movie. It must be the antisocial nerd in me. What the cool girls gush over, I avoid like the plague.

It did help that I wasn’t particularly attracted to Leonardo DiCaprio. I felt his face was too broad.

I think no more than 0.1% of American women my age have not watched Titanic. I’m probably in the same category as some Amish or Hasidic women.
The Shadow was a great and underrated movie. The story was awesome and for the time period it was made they did great with the effects.

Batman has always been hit and miss. Batman and Batman returns weren't bad but after that they openly admitted the movies were only being made to sell toys. I think the Christian Bale series has been the best by far.

I loved Titanic but it was more for the story and ship versus Leo. I think he is a great actor and love most of his movies but I wouldn't rush to jump into his bed myself.

The Shadow was a great and underrated movie. The story was awesome and for the time period it was made they did great with the effects.

Batman has always been hit and miss. Batman and Batman returns weren't bad but after that they openly admitted the movies were only being made to sell toys. I think the Christian Bale series has been the best by far.

I loved Titanic but it was more for the story and ship versus Leo. I think he is a great actor and love most of his movies but I wouldn't rush to jump into his bed myself.
I hear you. An old series that would be interesting to see a reboot that is still popular outside of North America that would be nice to see a reboot, but it is too similar to Batman in some respects is "The Phantom" as they are both non-superpowered human crime fighters avenging the death of their parents. Mandrake The Magician also comes to mind as well too but he could not be worthy to hold the capes of neither Dr. Strange, nor Dr. Fate.

I hear you. An old series that would be interesting to see a reboot that is still popular outside of North America that would be nice to see a reboot, but it is too similar to Batman in some respects is "The Phantom" as they are both non-superpowered human crime fighters avenging the death of their parents. Mandrake The Magician also comes to mind as well too but he could not be worthy to hold the capes of neither Dr. Strange, nor Dr. Fate.

I think I remember the Phantom. I can't say I've read a lot but I recognize the costume and character. The Batman I always felt needed some more attention was an offshoot where instead of Bruce's parents being murdered Bruce is killed. His dad seeks justice and becomes Batman and his mom looses it and becomes the Joker.

I think I remember the Phantom. I can't say I've read a lot but I recognize the costume and character. The Batman I always felt needed some more attention was an offshoot where instead of Bruce's parents being murdered Bruce is killed. His dad seeks justice and becomes Batman and his mom looses it and becomes the Joker.
It would be kind of funny while they were still married, assuming they do not know each other's secret identities at that time, Mrs. Wayne goes to bed with Mr. Wayne saying how much of an asshole Batman is, and in reverse Mr. Wayne telling Mrs. Wayne how much of a bitch the Joker is? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It would be kind of funny while they were still married, assuming they do not know each other's secret identities at that time, Mrs. Wayne goes to bed with Mr. Wayne saying how much of an asshole Batman is, and in reverse Mr. Wayne telling Mrs. Wayne how much of a bitch the Joker is? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
That would add quite the humorous twist to it. Be great to play off of the line "want to know how I got these scars?"

Oh wow this thread brings back some memories with all the DBZ comments. I remember the big debates like did Vegeta have the SSJ2 ability before his Majin powers? Did Goku already have SSJ2 but knew that Gohan needed a push to get to the next level when he stopped fighting Cell. Good times. My anime list has gotten more varied since then but it was my gateway *******.

Heavy On/Off Anime fan here...

Top of my Head favorites:

- One Piece (Like 200 EPs behind but I love the emotional pull within the series, almost feels like they're my own family lol)
- Parasyte (Love this to death, long story, great character development, both characters become SAVAGES, 1becomes that later)
- Dr. Stone (Great, Dub is kinda weak, Sub is wayyyyy better. Example: They didn't really show *******/gore til like 25 eps in the Dub but 25eps into the Dub they were already killing ppl)
- Jojo's Bizzare: Golden Wind (Overall excellent, everything develops really rapidly but its very concise IMO as far as HQ Anime goes)
- Deadman Wonderland (One of the greatest unfinished Animes out, could easily become a Top fav if the writer ever takes a crack at it again)
- Monster (Highly Psychological but its literally one of the best long-form storylines I've watched, I love mind-fuck entertainment however)
- My Hero Acadamia (Slow pickup at 1st but gets really intense all of a sudden like OG Naruto once they reach the Chunin Exams & kinda stays like that for awhile, over all excellent Anime)
- Hunter x Hunter (I loved the range in this so much, it just kinda fell apart towards the end, more so felt like it was being rushed to please fan[atics] more so than story legacy, still an amazing piece of art)

That's all I can immediately think of w/o checking my MAL account. Glad to be in the presence of more nerds. 😂

The soundtrack for Champloo is incredible
Great anime. I think most of the anime I love is the older stuff since I have taken a step back from it the last few years. Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Samurai Champoo, Negima, Love Hine, Bleach, Initial D, Vampire Hunter D, D Gray Man, Shuffle, Shakgo No Shana, Death Note, Chobbits, etc. I've gotten more into the manga side of things as well.

Back