Abortion/ramifications

SCBlknNsty

Male
Gold Member
From
SC, US
Open disclosure-I am pro choice. Not that I want abortions, as a male I can't have one and at most a man can only be indirectly involved or affected. But my concerns are that we are being extremely naive about all this entails.

I've mostly seen or heard that people should be more responsible with their sexual choices. This is a sex site. Is there ANYONE here who was openly expressive to an older adult going through puberty, high school, etc? Our current overall position is increasingly opposed to discussions of sex in schools. We are also increasingly opposed to contraceptives/counseling absent of parental notification/approval. Every children services agency in America has funding issues while states have decreased spending, decreased staff and at least in this state, reduced case related recompensation. 20% of children in adoptive service programs will reach adulthood there, and as adults simply removed from the rolls. It is associated, but I'd like to keep any welfare/support programs out of the convo, but if you must, go ahead.

I don't want to argue Roe vs. Wade; what do you see coming and what should be done next?

...The difficulty I've seen is that pro-lifers simply do not wish to have a one-on-one discussion about abortion and when they feel it is warrantied. My ******* is a minister, and the worst argument he & I ever had was over abortion. He was (not now) so naive about conception & baby development. He was 100% against abortion until I asked him what he would do if his daugher (15 at the time) was raped and impregnated. Would he ******* his ******* to bring the baby to term.
...I guess dad didn't think his 24 year old ******* would be so bold and blunt to draw such a grim picture of his dau.ghter at that age with some pervert's baby in her belly. I do know he turned about 10 shades of red, purple, blue before he stormed out of the room and slammed the door to his bedroom. He had NO ANSWER that he was willing to give to me, and he knew it. All this happening back when my dad was a devoted Republican, which he isn't any longer.
...Mom, oh she was ringing her hands and crying because she hadn't seen my dad so mad, and also so mad at me. So Sunday dinner unfortunately went uneaten, and I didn't get to taste that awesome coconut cake she'd made. But, we both got over it and I felt bad for putting him in a corner with that discussion. Dad is still against abortions, BUT he does accept embryonic deformity, *******, and threat of a mom's life as acceptable reasons to abortion.
...The willingness to "discuss" political topics and try to understand a political topic from the opposite side simply doesn't exist any longer. Extremism is always used to put forth the position of the opposition. Some things are just logical, but identifying one's political affiliation tends to ******* the willingness to discuss any topic any more.

Last edited:
. I do know he turned about 10 shades of red, purple, blue before he stormed out of the room and slammed the door to his bedroom. He had NO ANSWER that he was willing to give to me, and he knew it.
Hmmm, sounds very much like your response just days ago when I asked you to explain why you felt it was OK to allow a woman to m-urder an unborn human at 93 days gestation, but not at 94 days. Like f-ather like s-on...

Feel free to answer the question now. Try to do so without violating FB's admonitions.

Well the court has removed this option for now. They removed the freedom of choice. A freedom granted by Roe vs Wade. It also gave a freedom of privacy. Also now removed. Think about that. What other freedoms will this un elected group remove. Gay marriage. Interracial Marriage. America was a country Based on Freedom. It’s says so in the 1st admenment. Freedom of association, of speech. Of choice.

Yes I am pro choice. I do not believe any lady entered into a clinic with out a lot of soul searching. This is a life changing decision for her. Not so much for the guy involved.

Pretty sure this post will be deleted. The subject is way to hot at the moment on both sides.

I don't want to argue Roe vs. Wade; what do you see coming and what should be done next?
I believe in states rights ... and I think this latest on abortion will simply move the pressure of abortion closer to the voters. Let the voters decide. Most all the polls show it 3:1 in favor of pro-choice ... now the voters can vote OUT the politicians who don't support Pro Choice.
Same with the new gun laws ... more people favor stricter gun control ... let the politicians state their positions on guns and then vote 'em out of office.
Its ridiculous to think that allowing everyone to conceal carry a gun will do anything other than create more gun deaths. I just wonder how much money exchanged hands from the gun lobbyists & NRA to manage this. Makes absolutely no sense.

I think everyone on this site should be aware of the logic SCOTUS used here. They said there's no constitutional right to privacy.

That means that lots of other SCOTUS decisions over the last century that rely on that right are potentially up for getting struck down.

states have passed laws banning nearly everything that goes on on this site, and they've all been struck down on privacy grounds -- gay sex, interracial marriage, contraception -- it's all in danger now.

outside of your sex life, the reason people have a right to home school their *******, or decide what foreign languages they learn is also based on SCOTUS rulings on a right to privacy. This court is very, very concerning.

Open disclosure-I am pro choice. Not that I want abortions, as a male I can't have one and at most a man can only be indirectly involved or affected. But my concerns are that we are being extremely naive about all this entails.

I've mostly seen or heard that people should be more responsible with their sexual choices. This is a sex site. Is there ANYONE here who was openly expressive to an older adult going through puberty, high school, etc? Our current overall position is increasingly opposed to discussions of sex in schools. We are also increasingly opposed to contraceptives/counseling absent of parental notification/approval. Every children services agency in America has funding issues while states have decreased spending, decreased staff and at least in this state, reduced case related recompensation. 20% of children in adoptive service programs will reach adulthood there, and as adults simply removed from the rolls. It is associated, but I'd like to keep any welfare/support programs out of the convo, but if you must, go ahead.

Now that you have stuck down the right of choice and privacy. Roe vs Wade.

I was reading a back issue of the Uncle Johns Bathroom Reader from years ago. The number one name put on DC area birth certificates in 1969 was Richard Nixon.

So I am suggesting that any male that is mentioned on a birth certificate by dna tested to insure they are the *******. This should scare the willies out of most men.

now they would be held responsible for all their children. Say 2 k a month baby support for each baby. From their gross (pre tax) income. Remember one of the Supreme Court judges is against birth control in all its forms. Pills, condoms and since abortion is on his list I would assume vasectomies. Failure to pay baby support would mean jail time.

I believe in states rights ... and I think this latest on abortion will simply move the pressure of abortion closer to the voters. Let the voters decide. Most all the polls show it 3:1 in favor of pro-choice ... now the voters can vote OUT the politicians who don't support Pro Choice.
Same with the new gun laws ... more people favor stricter gun control ... let the politicians state their positions on guns and then vote 'em out of office.
Its ridiculous to think that allowing everyone to conceal carry a gun will do anything other than create more gun deaths. I just wonder how much money exchanged hands from the gun lobbyists & NRA to manage this. Makes absolutely no sense.
It is my belief that the NRA is in chapter 13 ie bankrupt. The last time I was in the US I was in Texas and the guns I saw were not concealed they were strapped ring on the hip. They were every where. Grocery stores, ******* store even saw some in a maternity store on a pregnant lady and her mom.

The subject is

ramifications​

a consequence of an action or event, especially when complex or unwelcome.
"any change is bound to have legal ramifications"
I have a idea the celebration by Republicans over turning over a decision over fifty years old that has been tested three times before and upheld might just be the biggest mistake ever. I will explain.
Friday i attended a annual meeting of a upper class women's association. Upper class not because of race or social status. Every woman is a professional in the business world. Owners, managers , directors and even a few CEO's of smaller corporations. The member ship state wide is over four hundred. The local chapter one hundred and seventy six. One hundred and twelve republicans, sixty-four Democrats & independents. Of course the abortion issue came up. After the yelling stopped a pole was taken. All but six raised a had when ask if they intended to vote democratic. As we are a republican state that's not a good sign.
Trump lost our state after he boasted he'd take it in landslide. They recounted and no fraud and Biden gained votes because they found several hundred that were on a tally sheet but not included in final tally. Trump lost by loosing Republicans votes some I'm sure because of his boast that his court would overturn Roe vs Wade. The mere threat cost votes doing it ?
Democratic control of both houses Roe vs Wade could reverse and the court could be changed radically. Four of those judges swore under oath that abortion was established law or could only be changed by changing the constitution. It hasn't been changed. A lie under oath in congress is grounds for impeachment.

Well the court has removed this option for now. They removed the freedom of choice. A freedom granted by Roe vs Wade. It also gave a freedom of privacy. Also now removed. Think about that. What other freedoms will this un elected group remove. Gay marriage. Interracial Marriage. America was a country Based on Freedom. It’s says so in the 1st admenment. Freedom of association, of speech. Of choice.

Yes I am pro choice. I do not believe any lady entered into a clinic with out a lot of soul searching. This is a life changing decision for her. Not so much for the guy involved.

Pretty sure this post will be deleted. The subject is way to hot at the moment on both sides.
I am surprised this has lasted this long. I figured it would have been taken down by now.

On a personal note a few years back one of the gentlemen on my shift at work used to go and protest the hospital where these procedures may or may not have taken place depending on a need for them. He and his wife used to stand on one side of the road and hold signs and yell at the doctors and nurses as they came to work on the wednesdays. Well I and some friends used to stand on the other side of the road with signs reading Strange Hobby behind a banner which read for guys that dont pay their baby support payments. The local police would be present to keep the two groups apart. Well one week the guys on the other side had had enough of us. There were a few bloody noses. We handed over the handkerchiefs to the police as evidence. They thanked us for them then processed them. Three months later the police detained a few of the guys based on the DNA evidence they had gotten from us and from a group of single moms. As for my co worker he turned out to be the ******* of five more ******* than his wife had given him.

Back