4 Black Male Archetypes. What are your thoughts on this?

ConanBriggs

Male
Real Person
From
IL, US

Abstract
This paper explores how physical, behavioral, and sexual constructions of black masculinity may affect heterosexual black women's intraracial partner preferences. A qualitative analysis of data retrieved from thirty black college women at a large research university suggests that attraction and partner selection for these women are likely impacted by idealized images or prototypes of black masculinity. Specifically, respondents identified four categories of black men (the "thug," the "nice guy," the "player," and the "endangered black man" or EBM) that seemed to inform their future partner choices. Moreover, these data suggest that reliance on these stereotypical ideals may result in an ongoing process of bodily negotiation that subsequently hinders more genuine modes of interaction between black men and women.

Abstract
This paper explores how physical, behavioral, and sexual constructions of black masculinity may affect heterosexual black women's intraracial partner preferences. A qualitative analysis of data retrieved from thirty black college women at a large research university suggests that attraction and partner selection for these women are likely impacted by idealized images or prototypes of black masculinity. Specifically, respondents identified four categories of black men (the "thug," the "nice guy," the "player," and the "endangered black man" or EBM) that seemed to inform their future partner choices. Moreover, these data suggest that reliance on these stereotypical ideals may result in an ongoing process of bodily negotiation that subsequently hinders more genuine modes of interaction between black men and women.

Dont follow that bullshit. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Dont follow that bullshit. 🤷🏽‍♂️

If that’s the case I noticed that there seems to be consistent baseline characteristics humans have and you see how universal they are. The only question left would be what those are. Some people prefer clinical descriptors while some prefer non-scientific jargon like folk psychology. And then you have anti-essentialists like sartre & Foucalt.

Obviously people are more than the four traits described. What I take away of this is why women would rate men in these 4 generalities

If that’s the case I noticed that there seems to be consistent baseline characteristics humans have and you see how universal they are. The only question left would be what those are. Some people prefer clinical descriptors while some prefer non-scientific jargon like folk psychology. And then you have anti-essentialists like sartre & Foucalt.

Obviously people are more than the four traits described. What I take away of this is why women would rate men in these 4 generalities
cause your 23 and have no real life experience. We'll relive this convo in another 5yrs

Back