Wife has STI

Just want to note very few people here have medical training or work in a healthcare setting. Take everything that you read here with a grain of salt. If you need information I suggest you contact a medical professional.

Most adults have herpies. It's so common that I don't they even test for it on a normal basis. Some have no idea they have, as they never have symptoms.
That's not the same thing, Vegascpl. Genital herpes is just that, on the cock, on and IN the vagina. Its particularly hard to deal with it if you are female. One, it often is in the vaginal canal, two-very painful for the woman, 3-very easy to transfer to males, 4-she's contagious weeks after the actual herpes sore goes away ... its called scaling.
So, first of all your wife should NEVER again have unprotected sex with ANY males again ... including you, unless you to have herpes now. Secondly, if she DOES have sex with other men, she must tell her lovers FIRST, and second, provide them condom protection. There is NO CURE for the genital herpes, only medications that help with the painful sore she gets.
Now, here's the REAL CONCERN that the two of you should have. If she gives herpes to someone else without following the protocol, and that individual gets genital herpes, he/she can sue you for damages. Just ask Tony Bennett, Robin Williams, or Michael Vick.
You have some research and soul searching to do. I know when babies are born to females with herpes, they often do cesarean sections.
Of course, IF she knows WHO gave the herpes to HER, she can do the same thing.
Good Luck!
Mac

Last edited:
I've worked in the pharmaceutical industry for a decade. I've worked on multiple std related deals and projects. I know about the industry because I live it. Every single day. You're a clown. oh and I went to one of the top ivy league schools in the United States with a dual degree in finance and biology.
If your wife has an STD, why are you on this site! Get off, log off and stay away from innocent victims!

If someone on this site has an STD and still screwing around with innocent victims, IT'S A CRIME IN ANY STATE! 3RD degree felony.
About 25% of the population carry HSV2. Most don't even know it, have no symptoms. If your a bit promiscuous, there is a high probability you already have it.

Not true that when it comes to herpes "everyone has it"--at least not HSV-2, which is the genital one. Actually, about 11% of adults have that one. "They" don't really test for it because to get an accurate diagnosis one has to have an active outbreak.
Hsv 2 isn't only genital. Both type one and two can be contracted anywhere on the body, given the proper circumstances. (Broken skin/exposed membrane)
Hence the rise of oral hsv2 infections. Transmitted USUALLY during oral sex from a misinformed partner with genital outbreaks.
A patient this month had herpetic whitlow via HSV-2
which is on your hands. And can be transmitted genitally if she gives a handjob or fingers another female. Can be transmitted orally if she puts her fingers in someones mouth while incubation is active/or active outbreak/ or during viral shedding which is usually invisible. When we tested her sons eczema it swabbed positive for the virus. Serology testing revealed it was type 2.
SO his eczema was deemed HERPECTIC eczema. Which is pretty common in toddlers with an infected parent. He will likely go his entire adult life unknowingly infecting sexual partners unless she teaches him of his diagnosis. Hence why most asymptomatic carriers never know they have the virus. It was contracted early and rarely ever presented itself harmfully.
However we had a patient with genital hsv1 who lost her firstborn after she gave birth. She was shedding virally via vaginal canal and the baby contracted the virus at birth and died after four days. She never even knew she had a form of herpes.
In my area i do as much as I can to inform patients of the present risks associated with the virus, removing the shameful stigma around it will hopefully encourage more people to seek the serology testing and avoid the doctors who encourage to only test when the signs are present. You could save a life by actually taking a hold on your sexual health.

Hsv 2 isn't only genital. Both type one and two can be contracted anywhere on the body, given the proper circumstances. (Broken skin/exposed membrane)
Hence the rise of oral hsv2 infections. Transmitted USUALLY during oral sex from a misinformed partner with genital outbreaks.
A patient this month had herpetic whitlow via HSV-2
which is on your hands. And can be transmitted genitally if she gives a handjob or fingers another female. Can be transmitted orally if she puts her fingers in someones mouth while incubation is active/or active outbreak/ or during viral shedding which is usually invisible. When we tested her sons eczema it swabbed positive for the virus. Serology testing revealed it was type 2.
SO his eczema was deemed HERPECTIC eczema. Which is pretty common in toddlers with an infected parent. He will likely go his entire adult life unknowingly infecting sexual partners unless she teaches him of his diagnosis. Hence why most asymptomatic carriers never know they have the virus. It was contracted early and rarely ever presented itself harmfully.
However we had a patient with genital hsv1 who lost her firstborn after she gave birth. She was shedding virally via vaginal canal and the baby contracted the virus at birth and died after four days. She never even knew she had a form of herpes.
In my area i do as much as I can to inform patients of the present risks associated with the virus, removing the shameful stigma around it will hopefully encourage more people to seek the serology testing and avoid the doctors who encourage to only test when the signs are present. You could save a life by actually taking a hold on your sexual health.
Y'all better take notes because oh girl speaking "REAL FACTS"💯

Not the same virus. Definitely different strains. You are correct some carry and never show other have breakouts a lot. Either way play safe and be honest. Many groups are around for people with STD. Best look for that. Also knowing you have something and spreading it without giving info is a crime.
This

If you have any questions or doubts, contact your health care provider. Listening to medical information from strangers could leave you misinformed and at risk. Only a doctor is qualified to give you advice.

My best advice is, to abstain and refrain from any sexual contact with anyone. Herpes (HSV1 and HSV2) both highly contagious ?.

If she continues having sex with others, she may contact HIV.... If you play, you will pay.
Talk like that might encourage risky behaviour though as there will always be some people that will say it will never happen to me despite you are saying the right thing @Easygliderpro ?

Most adults have herpies. It's so common that I don't they even test for it on a normal basis. Some have no idea they have, as they never have symptoms. My husband gets herpies blisters on his butt! They come on in the summer because of sun exposure. A lot of people have cold sores, same virus. Most of the people you have already had sex with have. There is no cure that I'm aware of, but an inexpensive pill will take away the symptoms. The bottom line is like everything there is risk. If this really freaks you out then maybe you should consider a different lifestyle?

Bullshit. If you have a contagious std and you sleep with someone unprotected, you should be arrested for gbh. How dare you state it’s so common they don’t test for it. We 100% demand a HSV 1& 2 test to play. That’s our choice to make, not yours.
Most adults do not have herpes. 48% have HSV 1 & 12% have HSV 2.
How about you try a different lifestyle and stop spreading an incurable disease?

Back