Wife has STI

I will keep it real 100% doctors in America don't care about curing any diseases and will purposely lie to their patients giving them no hope telling them there's no cure and they make testing expensive especially if one doesn't have health insurance. Your poor attitude and discouragement is exactly how they want you to feel. They don't want to cure us citizens, but these doctors and pharmaceutical companies want to keep you spending money out of your pocket to keep them rich. Yes I get tested and I'm clean but your argument herpes can go undetected in your body isn't true..those symptoms will come out especially if you have poor immune system in your body..individuals have been killed for curing anyone in America. This is why doctors and pharmaceutical companies lie and say there's no hope for anyone cause they want your money.

So basically your argument is that doctors, the CDC, etc. have no idea what they're talking about?

The notion that HSV-1 is oral and HSV-2 is genital is outdated and isn't used technically anymore. While the strains do prefer those regions, roughly half of genital herpes infections are cause by HSV-1 now since the virus can be passed in either direction during oral sex. Most people with HSV-2 are unaware since they don't experience the worst symptoms/outbreaks that you described. That's why it's so prevalent.

And no, it's not a standard part of any common STD panel for all the reasons numerous people in this thread have stated. The CDC actively recommends against testing for it unless symptoms are present as they explain in this article:

When it come to herpes, the only people who want your money are the antiviral ******* companies who profit from the stigma around the infection. Prior to the marketing campaigns around herpes antivirals, it was considered a benign condition that people weren't too concerned about (similar to the way we think about visible (oral) herpes outbreaks on *******, adult, etc.) There are a number of articles which go into more detail about the manufactured hysteria around herpes in the 70s/80s like this one:

Apologies if the above seems like I'm coming down too hard on you. In all honesty, I used to be pretty freaked out about HSV-2 as well. If someone told me they had it (even if they hadn't had an outbreak in years), I'd politely decline playing with them, basically punishing the few people who were both aware of their status and disclosed.

I'm still somewhat paranoid about it, but after a lot of reading and years of paying for expensive tests and then becoming even more paranoid when they came back negative, I eventually just gave up and accepted what my doctor, the CDC, other healthcare professionals had been arguing for years. That it's not the most important STI to be concerned about (especially now that my wife and I are done having *******, an outbreak during childbirth was her only concern and even that's manageable). It's so common that it's impossible to avoid if you're having casual sex. Common sense still applies (condoms, avoiding active outbreaks, partners taking anti-virals if they do experience regular outbreaks, etc.)

If you do want to avoid playing with anyone who is carrying herpes, that's entirely up to you. It just sounds like you're a bit out of touch on exactly how difficult that would actually be.

Most adults have herpies. It's so common that I don't they even test for it on a normal basis. Some have no idea they have, as they never have symptoms. My husband gets herpies blisters on his butt! They come on in the summer because of sun exposure. A lot of people have cold sores, same virus. Most of the people you have already had sex with have. There is no cure that I'm aware of, but an inexpensive pill will take away the symptoms. The bottom line is like everything there is risk. If this really freaks you out then maybe you should consider a different lifestyle?
Not the same virus. Definitely different strains. You are correct some carry and never show other have breakouts a lot. Either way play safe and be honest. Many groups are around for people with STD. Best look for that. Also knowing you have something and spreading it without giving info is a crime.

So basically your argument is that doctors, the CDC, etc. have no idea what they're talking about?

The notion that HSV-1 is oral and HSV-2 is genital is outdated and isn't used technically anymore. While the strains do prefer those regions, roughly half of genital herpes infections are cause by HSV-1 now since the virus can be passed in either direction during oral sex. Most people with HSV-2 are unaware since they don't experience the worst symptoms/outbreaks that you described. That's why it's so prevalent.

And no, it's not a standard part of any common STD panel for all the reasons numerous people in this thread have stated. The CDC actively recommends against testing for it unless symptoms are present as they explain in this article:

When it come to herpes, the only people who want your money are the antiviral ******* companies who profit from the stigma around the infection. Prior to the marketing campaigns around herpes antivirals, it was considered a benign condition that people weren't too concerned about (similar to the way we think about visible (oral) herpes outbreaks on *******, adult, etc.) There are a number of articles which go into more detail about the manufactured hysteria around herpes in the 70s/80s like this one:

Apologies if the above seems like I'm coming down too hard on you. In all honesty, I used to be pretty freaked out about HSV-2 as well. If someone told me they had it (even if they hadn't had an outbreak in years), I'd politely decline playing with them, basically punishing the few people who were both aware of their status and disclosed.

I'm still somewhat paranoid about it, but after a lot of reading and years of paying for expensive tests and then becoming even more paranoid when they came back negative, I eventually just gave up and accepted what my doctor, the CDC, other healthcare professionals had been arguing for years. That it's not the most important STI to be concerned about (especially now that my wife and I are done having *******, an outbreak during childbirth was her only concern and even that's manageable). It's so common that it's impossible to avoid if you're having casual sex. Common sense still applies (condoms, avoiding active outbreaks, partners taking anti-virals if they do experience regular outbreaks, etc.)

If you do want to avoid playing with anyone who is carrying herpes, that's entirely up to you. It just sounds like you're a bit out of touch on exactly how difficult that would actually be.
Easy to get during active breakouts. Other than that not so much. Well written statment.

My Wife has an STI. Do you think that any bull will risk his health for life for some fun?

If they don't already have it or don't think they have it, no they won't risk it. There are lots of people who do have it (estimated 25% of the US population) and if you can find others who are positive then it should be no problem.

I don't believe this is true. Do you have any stats with sources to support such a claim?
Stats are hard due to the VAST majority of people carrying a virus. Hpv and herpes being the most common because they are usually invisible.
Project accept. There are eight types of VERY common herpes virus and many can impact you sexually. Depends on How it is transmitted. Someone with stress rash caused by herpetic eczema (commonly contracted in day cares as a kid) can transmit the virus sexually. Herpetic whitlow can be transmitted to the genitals via fingering during viral shedding. Cold sores/fevers blisters to the genitals via oral sex. Many doctors are sharing old debunked facts leading to mass confusion during time of diagnosis leading people not to make any changes during their activity. Due to the fact most of the population carrying is asymptomatic, it's hard to guage how many people are impacted.
I teach sexual education to highschool *******, and I spend a great deal of time in labs working on new testing methods after my best friend lost her baby to an UNDIAGNOSED herpes virus.
Fibromyalgia for example is caused by HSV1. its a common ailment caused by the virus and in the recent clinical trials done it was discovered every case carried the virus, many were asymptomatic (no lesions present) but the western blot test doesn't lie. Pcr and serology can be innacurate.

I will keep it real 100% doctors in America don't care about curing any diseases and will purposely lie to their patients giving them no hope telling them there's no cure and they make testing expensive especially if one doesn't have health insurance. Your poor attitude and discouragement is exactly how they want you to feel. They don't want to cure us citizens, but these doctors and pharmaceutical companies want to keep you spending money out of your pocket to keep them rich. Yes I get tested and I'm clean but your argument herpes can go undetected in your body isn't true..those symptoms will come out especially if you have poor immune system in your body..individuals have been killed for curing anyone in America. This is why doctors and pharmaceutical companies lie and say there's no hope for anyone cause they want your money.
"100% doctors in America don't care about curing any diseases and will purposely lie to their patients"? I find such a sweeping statement to be absolutely, bloody ridiculous. If 100% of doctors in America don't care about curing any diseases, why have I personally gone to the doctor for decades and received treatment and cures for a variety of ailments, from a persistent cough to hernia surgery? Am I the only one? Why do so many people report cancer treatments that have resulted in their remission--when 30 years ago those same cancers were a death sentence? Are these people all mistaken?
I'm no expert on herpes but I've read that there is no cure for the virus--and isn't it true that genital herpes can only be detected when an outbreak is present? You wrote that "your argument herpes can go undetected in your body isn't true" is interesting. I don't believe your claim is accurate, but I'll bite. Do you have any evidence to support such a claim?

Stats are hard due to the VAST majority of people carrying a virus. Hpv and herpes being the most common because they are usually invisible.
Project accept. There are eight types of VERY common herpes virus and many can impact you sexually. Depends on How it is transmitted. Someone with stress rash caused by herpetic eczema (commonly contracted in day cares as a kid) can transmit the virus sexually. Herpetic whitlow can be transmitted to the genitals via fingering during viral shedding. Cold sores/fevers blisters to the genitals via oral sex. Many doctors are sharing old debunked facts leading to mass confusion during time of diagnosis leading people not to make any changes during their activity. Due to the fact most of the population carrying is asymptomatic, it's hard to guage how many people are impacted.
I teach sexual education to highschool *******, and I spend a great deal of time in labs working on new testing methods after my best friend lost her baby to an UNDIAGNOSED herpes virus.
Fibromyalgia for example is caused by HSV1. its a common ailment caused by the virus and in the recent clinical trials done it was discovered every case carried the virus, many were asymptomatic (no lesions present) but the western blot test doesn't lie. Pcr and serology can be innacurate.
Your reply is very interesting. However, I'm not sure how it directly addresses the question I raised. I read this declaration from another member...

STI contraction is inevitable even with the use of condoms

...and asked if the member could offer any stats with sources to support such a claim. I didn't read anything in your response that supported or refuted the claim that STI contraction is inevitable even with the use of condoms.

Your reply is very interesting. However, I'm not sure how it directly addresses the question I raised. I read this declaration from another member...

...and asked if the member could offer any stats with sources to support such a claim. I didn't read anything in your response that supported or refuted the claim that STI contraction is inevitable even with the use of condoms.
Skin on skin contact STILL presenting where the condom doesn't cover, this leads to the bizarre locations of contraction many people have reported. You protect yourself from having a transmission site here the membranes are covered but your skin (all over your body, is at risk due to high friction, micro tears, someone with herpetic whitlow scratches your back, you'll develop herpes lesions on your back.) so unless your body is fully covered, the risk is always present.
Condoms are more effective against fluid transmissions such as HIV. HPV and herpes are commonly passed with the use of condoms, the condoms simply prevent the virus from directly impacting your genitals.
Athletes pass herpes gladiatorum via friction on areas their singlet does not cover. This is a widely unknown fact and why we see SO MANY people at the clinics thinking condoms protect them and how could they have gotten a life long virus. Because condoms are not effective against skin to skin transmitted diseases in the way people believe.

Herpes is the only one we wouldn’t worry about. We both get tested and have never knowingly had any STI’s. We always play safe in the lifestyle. That said, herpes is nothing. All the other STI’s can lead to more serious problems if left untreated. Herpes is some little red bumps that go away. They don’t really test for it because everyone has it and they don’t want to scare the ******* out of everyone.

Skin on skin contact STILL presenting where the condom doesn't cover, this leads to the bizarre locations of contraction many people have reported. You protect yourself from having a transmission site here the membranes are covered but your skin (all over your body, is at risk due to high friction, micro tears, someone with herpetic whitlow scratches your back, you'll develop herpes lesions on your back.) so unless your body is fully covered, the risk is always present.
Condoms are more effective against fluid transmissions such as HIV. HPV and herpes are commonly passed with the use of condoms, the condoms simply prevent the virus from directly impacting your genitals.
Athletes pass herpes gladiatorum via friction on areas their singlet does not cover. This is a widely unknown fact and why we see SO MANY people at the clinics thinking condoms protect them and how could they have gotten a life long virus. Because condoms are not effective against skin to skin transmitted diseases in the way people believe.
The above is correct. However, clinical studies state that consistent condom users have a significantly lower risk of contracting herpes and hpv than nonusers, especially women, because male-to-female transmission of all STIs is generally more common.
All of that notwithstanding, the other's members assertion that...
...is simply not supported by evidence.

Herpes is the only one we wouldn’t worry about. We both get tested and have never knowingly had any STI’s. We always play safe in the lifestyle. That said, herpes is nothing. All the other STI’s can lead to more serious problems if left untreated. Herpes is some little red bumps that go away. They don’t really test for it because everyone has it and they don’t want to scare the ******* out of everyone.
Not true that when it comes to herpes "everyone has it"--at least not HSV-2, which is the genital one. Actually, about 11% of adults have that one. "They" don't really test for it because to get an accurate diagnosis one has to have an active outbreak.

Not true that when it comes to herpes "everyone has it"--at least not HSV-2, which is the genital one. Actually, about 11% of adults have that one. "They" don't really test for it because to get an accurate diagnosis one has to have an active outbreak.
70-90% of the people don’t know they have it and are never tested for it. How would they determine only 11% have it? Either way, it’s pretty fucking harmless.

70-90% of the people don’t know they have it and are never tested for it. How would they determine only 11% have it? Either way, it’s pretty fucking harmless.
70-90% of the people don't know they have it? Really? Where did you get that number? Do you mean 70-90% of all people don't know they have it or 70-90% of infected people don't know they have it?
I don't know how the World Health Organization got their numbers but they do health stats for a living.
I have two good friend who have genital herpes, one male and one female. From what they tell me about the painful blisters that last for up to two weeks during the rare times they have outbreaks, it's hardly "pretty fucking harmless."

That's why i get a 10 panel test and i also donate plasma so if you have any HIV or certain diseases you can't donate. Also i have been celibate for month's as i stepped away from sex and females at the moment but who knows may be permanent.

Exactly. Cause the pharma business is a big business. Why give you a cure when you can make billions off of treating it. That goes for all diseases.
Seriously? ALL diseases? That sounds like a very bizarre assertion. Haven't you ever gone to the physician, resulting in being given a prescription that "cured" you? (I had less common type of "pink eye" six months ago. The doctor prescribe eye drops that cleared it up in a few days.) I have many times. Aren't many STIs such as gonorrhea, syphilis and chlamydia cured with doses of antibiotics? I just don't understand these sweeping clearly untrue generalizations.

Ok all diseases is a stretch. Yes there are cures for some diseases. There are stds which have no cures ( so they claim ) but can be treated. And yes I do believe there diseases that do have a cure but they would rather give you pills to treat it than give you a cure. There is more money in treatment than there is in healing the disease.
ALL diseased is more than a stretch. It's an outright falsehood. This is speculation. I suspect what some attribute to the deliberate withholding of a cure is actually evidence of the limits of traditional western medicine. There are numerous alternative medical approaches that can be effective where traditionally western medicine fails.
I had a disease which was similar to Crohn’s disease. I was told I would have to either carry a bag or have my colon removed ( which still in some cases does not stop the disease) I chose not to listen to them. Do some research dramatically change my environment and diet for two years. And after than I rally did not have any issues. I did not go back to eating the stuff I quit but once in a while I do eat it and don’t have issues like I use to. I don’t have any bodies at all. So that’s my opinion based on my experiences and others. Take from this what you want.
Your situation may prove my point. Are you open to the possibility not that the physician didn't want to cure you, but was limited by a myopic view about treatment due to the medical model s/he follows? Nothing nefarious about that. Good for you, though, for being wiling to pursue your own solution.

You're an idiot and this is completely false. You have no clue what you're talking about. Shut up. You know absolutely nothing about the Healthcare or pharmaceutical industry. If I have to I'll stomp you with actual facts because every single thing you've said you've heard from somewhere else with no data to support any of it.

Back