When exactly did Democrats go insane?

Beachescouple

Couple
Gold Member
From
FL, US
I was a third generation proud union carpenter before starting my Union company in 1993. We remained union till 2004 when we moved to Florida. My wife was the ******* of a 2nd generation union pipefitter. We both voted for Bill Clinton but at some point during the Bush administration, it seems the far left hijacked the party. Now, they are so radically left nobody in our family supports them. Both our sons are Libertarian ( socially liberal fiscally conservative) and we generally vote third party( except this time we supported Trump).
I have been a political hound for decades and cannot figure out what happened to this once great party. Instead of being the party of the working man/woman, they are more interested in turning us into a Third World Country that is dependent on the Govt for our lives.
Some of our best friends are liberals which is fine, we don't discuss politics but its' ridiculous now. Instead of open debate and discussion of ideas, Democrats just call a person Nazi, Russian bot, Bigot, racist or something ignorant like that. That is part of the reason they lost over 1,000 elections under Obama but Obama wasn't the entire cause. It's Pelosi, Schumer, Hillary Bernie and their crazy ideology that is not welcome by most tax payers.
How many others think the same way? Wish the far left would go away and let real candidates run so we have a more centrist Govt? The current batch of Dems looking at 2020 are not very promising. When they talk about Warren(lying progressive) Booker(Big Pharma owned puppet) Bernie again( Zero chance ever and 99 years old).
We are personally very happy with Trump policies, his thin skin and constant arguing we could do without but nobody can dispute how positive his economic policies have been. That's helping everyone.
That's my off topic political rant. I get so tired of the meme attitude when it comes to debate these days. It's like nobody made it past 8th grade and all they can do is name call. Have a great day no matter what political persuasion you may be. As long as it's kept out of the lifestyle, everyone can get along just fine :)

I was a third generation proud union carpenter before starting my Union company in 1993. We remained union till 2004 when we moved to Florida. My wife was the ******* of a 2nd generation union pipefitter. We both voted for Bill Clinton but at some point during the Bush administration, it seems the far left hijacked the party. Now, they are so radically left nobody in our family supports them. Both our sons are Libertarian ( socially liberal fiscally conservative) and we generally vote third party( except this time we supported Trump).
I have been a political hound for decades and cannot figure out what happened to this once great party. Instead of being the party of the working man/woman, they are more interested in turning us into a Third World Country that is dependent on the Govt for our lives.
Some of our best friends are liberals which is fine, we don't discuss politics but its' ridiculous now. Instead of open debate and discussion of ideas, Democrats just call a person Nazi, Russian bot, Bigot, racist or something ignorant like that. That is part of the reason they lost over 1,000 elections under Obama but Obama wasn't the entire cause. It's Pelosi, Schumer, Hillary Bernie and their crazy ideology that is not welcome by most tax payers.
How many others think the same way? Wish the far left would go away and let real candidates run so we have a more centrist Govt? The current batch of Dems looking at 2020 are not very promising. When they talk about Warren(lying progressive) Booker(Big Pharma owned puppet) Bernie again( Zero chance ever and 99 years old).
We are personally very happy with Trump policies, his thin skin and constant arguing we could do without but nobody can dispute how positive his economic policies have been. That's helping everyone.
That's my off topic political rant. I get so tired of the meme attitude when it comes to debate these days. It's like nobody made it past 8th grade and all they can do is name call. Have a great day no matter what political persuasion you may be. As long as it's kept out of the lifestyle, everyone can get along just fine :)
THANK YOU !!!!!
You are not alone in your views.
So nice to hear the voice of reason !!!

What I noticed is that with Democrats in their 50's and older, at least where I live, real disappointment with their party after the first Obama term. He won the county I live in in 08 but lost in 12. The main complaint I hear from long time dems is that their party has lost touch with the working person and are more concerned with immigrants, legal or not as well as too much emphasis on globalist policies.
If they think that the improved economy is due to Obama's policies rather than Trump's, would it
have killed them to applaud when the good economic news was mentioned at the state of the union address.
And what was with the Democratic Representative walking out when the Republicans started the USA chant? The progressives hijacked the party and patriotism seems to be a dirty word to them. They need more people like Mancin and less like Warren.
I'll stick to being an independent conservative.

What I noticed is that with Democrats in their 50's and older, at least where I live, real disappointment with their party after the first Obama term. He won the county I live in in 08 but lost in 12. The main complaint I hear from long time dems is that their party has lost touch with the working person and are more concerned with immigrants, legal or not as well as too much emphasis on globalist policies.
If they think that the improved economy is due to Obama's policies rather than Trump's, would it
have killed them to applaud when the good economic news was mentioned at the state of the union address.
And what was with the Democratic Representative walking out when the Republicans started the USA chant? The progressives hijacked the party and patriotism seems to be a dirty word to them. They need more people like Mancin and less like Warren.
I'll stick to being an independent conservative.
AMEN !!!

I absolutely agree. It's funny because the left are what they accuse the right of being. They will call anyone who disagrees with their opinions a racist, coon, uncle toms etc. When they lose or have no chance of winning an intellectual debate they will slander, insult, and run smear campaigns. They constantly lie, and tell half truths. They're masters of spinning things out of context. I find conservatives are a breath of fresh air. I love going to their functions, and having intelligent conversations with them. It's nice being around like minded people, and not people who cry, whine, feel entitled and want hand outs.

Their latest smear campaign was against Laura Ingraham. They called her a racist for criticizing LeBron James. LMAO what.....so LeBron can talk crap about President Trump, but as soon as he gets critiqued he pulls the race card.....wow. I watch Laura's show regularly, and she just did a segment praising martin Luther King like the week before she was called racist lmao and wanting to make things better in the black community.... ROFL...

Last edited:
I absolutely agree. It's funny because the left are what they accuse the right of being. They will call anyone who disagrees with their opinions a racist, coon, uncle toms etc. When they lose or have no chance of winning an intellectual debate they will slander, insult, and run smear campaigns. They constantly lie, and tell half truths. They're masters of spinning things out of context. I find conservatives are a breath of fresh air. I love going to their functions, and having intelligent conversations with them. It's nice being around like minded people, and not people who cry, whine, feel entitled and want hand outs.

Their latest smear campaign was against Laura Ingraham. They called her a racist for criticizing LeBron James. LMAO what.....so LeBron can talk crap about President Trump, but as soon as he gets critiqued he pulls the race card.....wow. I watch Laura's show regularly, and she just did a segment praising martin Luther King like the week before she was called racist lmao and wanting to make things better in the black community.... ROFL...
Agreed. I am not a Republican supporter by any means but it seems like as social media grows, so does civil debate

Agreed. I am not a Republican supporter by any means but it seems like as social media grows, so does civil debate

I became a republican after viewing their online content, going to their functions etc. The liberal constantly slanders them as racist but real Republicans from my personal experience are more open to intelligent conversations based on facts.

Example: black people say our communities are bad. No one attacks them. White person like Trump says the black community is bad AND let's help them... CNN "he's a racist!! OMG I can't believe he said that about the black community!!" It's funny that they forget the last part that he is wanting and he is actually helping the black community...

The republican party has the superior ideology by far. I'm not a Christian and I don't oppose gay marriage etc but from an economic, philosophical, and financial standpoint, Republicans are spot on.

Also Bush is not a true Republican. Bush is closer to a Democrat more then anything. The guy wants open borders for cheap labor....

Trickle down economics is absolutely stupid. Liberals honestly believe you can jive the economy by giving more money to low skilled workers to buy more cheeseburgers at McDonalds and spend it on malt ******* at the gas station.

I even think California is trying to raise their minimum wage to 15$ an HR.lmao businesses are going to run for the hills....They're not even going raise prices to compensate for labor cost they are just simply going to move to another state like Texas that doesn't have ridiculous labor costs. Los Angeles is a ticking time bomb.

I became a republican after viewing their online content, going to their functions etc. The liberal constantly slanders them as racist but real Republicans from my personal experience are more open to intelligent conversations based on facts.

Example: black people say our communities are bad. No one attacks them. White person like Trump says the black community is bad AND let's help them... CNN "he's a racist!! OMG I can't believe he said that about the black community!!" It's funny that they forget the last part that he is wanting and he is actually helping the black community...

The republican party has the superior ideology by far. I'm not a Christian and I don't oppose gay marriage etc but from an economic, philosophical, and financial standpoint, Republicans are spot on.

Also Bush is not a true Republican. Bush is closer to a Democrat more then anything. The guy wants open borders for cheap labor....

Trickle down economics is absolutely stupid. Liberals honestly believe you can jive the economy by giving more money to low skilled workers to buy more cheeseburgers at McDonalds and spend it on malt ******* at the gas station.

I even think California is trying to raise their minimum wage to 15$ an HR.lmao businesses are going to run for the hills....They're not even going raise prices to compensate for labor cost they are just simply going to move to another state like Texas that doesn't have ridiculous labor costs. Los Angeles is a ticking time bomb.
I was a union Carpenter then union business owner so voted for Clinton in the 90's. Nikki for some odd reason is more of an establishment supporter. I joined the Libertarian party about 10 years ago after discovering Ron Paul. Bush was...not sure what he was. Between Bush and Obama, we went thru 16 years of Hell. I wasn't a Trump supporter during the primary but am extremely shocked and pleased with his performance. He does have our votes in 2020 now. I am not disclosing my 2016 vote but wasn't Trump/Hitlery. Nikki voted for him which was surprising since she liked Rubio.
I just feel that unless the swamp truly was drained(which can't happen) most of the people from both parties could care less about us and more about them holding on to their cushy jobs. I want Trump to do as much as he can. I love that he is going after our Welfare system which is a joke. Medicaid is another program that needs to be revamped. Medicare people pay for their entire life, then get to pay more upon retirement for ******* insurance so that needs to be fixed or scrap it. In a perfect world, Privatize everything. End social security and these Govt run programs. Sadly, too many think the Govt needs to take care of them.
I know we've been called racist countless times just for supporting the President. I brush it off as just another ignorant person with no debate skills since they can't name a single program or policy that implies Trump is racist.
Its too bad race relations were set back decades under Obama. He could have done so much good but chose the other route and screwed every single taxpayer.
Thank God Obamacare is dead. Tax reform passed. Now on to Real immigration policy that's enforced, privatize social security, end these illegal wars, legalize *******( not with the douche Jeff Sessions). LOL
I could go on and on. Politics is my NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB all in one

I was a union Carpenter then union business owner so voted for Clinton in the 90's. Nikki for some odd reason is more of an establishment supporter. I joined the Libertarian party about 10 years ago after discovering Ron Paul. Bush was...not sure what he was. Between Bush and Obama, we went thru 16 years of Hell. I wasn't a Trump supporter during the primary but am extremely shocked and pleased with his performance. He does have our votes in 2020 now. I am not disclosing my 2016 vote but wasn't Trump/Hitlery. Nikki voted for him which was surprising since she liked Rubio.
I just feel that unless the swamp truly was drained(which can't happen) most of the people from both parties could care less about us and more about them holding on to their cushy jobs. I want Trump to do as much as he can. I love that he is going after our Welfare system which is a joke. Medicaid is another program that needs to be revamped. Medicare people pay for their entire life, then get to pay more upon retirement for ******* insurance so that needs to be fixed or scrap it. In a perfect world, Privatize everything. End social security and these Govt run programs. Sadly, too many think the Govt needs to take care of them.
I know we've been called racist countless times just for supporting the President. I brush it off as just another ignorant person with no debate skills since they can't name a single program or policy that implies Trump is racist.
Its too bad race relations were set back decades under Obama. He could have done so much good but chose the other route and screwed every single taxpayer.
Thank God Obamacare is dead. Tax reform passed. Now on to Real immigration policy that's enforced, privatize social security, end these illegal wars, legalize *******( not with the douche Jeff Sessions). LOL

Again I agree. Like you, I mostly agree with Trump's economic policies and immigration stance but I could care less about the other stuff.

I think it's absurd that liberals feel entitled to wealthy people's money though. If they, and their family want to be rich then they should put the work in themselves.. You may be surprised that you could identify with being a slightly more right moderate Republican.

Last edited:

Actually going by what you have wrote..you are like me..which is a blend of moderate and conservative Republican. You don't really sound like an independent at all to be honest.

I am socially Liberal. fiscally conservative. I like 90% of what Ron Paul policies are/were. I am not a Gary Johnson supporter but do generally support the ideology. At the end of the day if it's between a Democrat or Republican representing me, 99% of the time I'll vote R. I do vote Republican 100% down ballot for State elections and Senate/House of Reps but agree with Democrats on other issues. I'm holding out hope that one day we win a seat nationally. We've won at the State level but never the Congress.

Once LBJ had officially been elected to office specifically. The party that was for the working man went to identity politics and victimism. It went socialist Nov 1932 btw. I was once in a discussion of when the US changed the most and my response was Nov 22 1963.

Back