When exactly did Democrats go insane?

I was a third generation proud union carpenter before starting my Union company in 1993. We remained union till 2004 when we moved to Florida. My wife was the ******* of a 2nd generation union pipefitter. We both voted for Bill Clinton but at some point during the Bush administration, it seems the far left hijacked the party. Now, they are so radically left nobody in our family supports them. Both our sons are Libertarian ( socially liberal fiscally conservative) and we generally vote third party( except this time we supported Trump).
I have been a political hound for decades and cannot figure out what happened to this once great party. Instead of being the party of the working man/woman, they are more interested in turning us into a Third World Country that is dependent on the Govt for our lives.
Some of our best friends are liberals which is fine, we don't discuss politics but its' ridiculous now. Instead of open debate and discussion of ideas, Democrats just call a person Nazi, Russian bot, Bigot, racist or something ignorant like that. That is part of the reason they lost over 1,000 elections under Obama but Obama wasn't the entire cause. It's Pelosi, Schumer, Hillary Bernie and their crazy ideology that is not welcome by most tax payers.
How many others think the same way? Wish the far left would go away and let real candidates run so we have a more centrist Govt? The current batch of Dems looking at 2020 are not very promising. When they talk about Warren(lying progressive) Booker(Big Pharma owned puppet) Bernie again( Zero chance ever and 99 years old).
We are personally very happy with Trump policies, his thin skin and constant arguing we could do without but nobody can dispute how positive his economic policies have been. That's helping everyone.
That's my off topic political rant. I get so tired of the meme attitude when it comes to debate these days. It's like nobody made it past 8th grade and all they can do is name call. Have a great day no matter what political persuasion you may be. As long as it's kept out of the lifestyle, everyone can get along just fine :)

Well said. Totally agree

The Reagan Democrats reemerged and probably why Trump knocked down the blue wall and won the election.
Trump became president because of "voter fraud" of a magnitude we've ever experienced in this country. I'm sure Trump voters will say he beat 'em fair and square, but its becoming more apparent every day just how involved both Trump's administration AND Russia were in the voting. Also note that Trump won on electoral votes, not popular votes. Just let the Mueller investigation play out ... you'll see just how crooked the Republican ticket was, and still IS.

Trump became president because of "voter fraud" of a magnitude we've ever experienced in this country. I'm sure Trump voters will say he beat 'em fair and square, but its becoming more apparent every day just how involved both Trump's administration AND Russia were in the voting. Also note that Trump won on electoral votes, not popular votes. Just let the Mueller investigation play out ... you'll see just how crooked the Republican ticket was, and still IS.
that is not confirmed but what is confirmed that Hillary had the Democratic primary rigged. so that makes the Democratic ticket NOT crooked?

Back