What has happened to Eroctic, Mainstream Movies ?

The 70's was a great time for these movies. Now there's no new ones made . I'm thinking about during some short eroctic films with boarder line hardcore. Like Blue Is The Warmest Color , Lie With Me . Love 2015 . I'm not for sure if any are labeled hardcore or maybe soft core. That's my plan because I have posted some of the stuff that will be used in the story telling section on this site. Old European films are so taboo and borderline. That's what I want to bring to the film industry.

Yeah it seems like a lot of mainstream movies are scared to be sexy nowadays or to explore psychology through sex. "X" was a pretty good movie and I thought it's horror aspect was done better than most mainstream slasher films. But other than that I can't think of a movie I saw in theaters recently that had any really good sexual/erotic themes or ideas that were explored. I mean I'm sure there were probably some I missed. I never got to see "Infinity Pool" which looked pretty interesting from the previews.

I just signed up for cat3 movies , just for one month to see if it's worth it. It has a huge selection from the 50's to recent. Has anyone joined , if so could you let us know if it's worth the money.

The 70's was a great time for these movies. Now there's no new ones made . I'm thinking about during some short eroctic films with boarder line hardcore. Like Blue Is The Warmest Color , Lie With Me . Love 2015 . I'm not for sure if any are labeled hardcore or maybe soft core. That's my plan because I have posted some of the stuff that will be used in the story telling section on this site. Old European films are so taboo and borderline. That's what I want to bring to the film industry.
I've been listening to a podcast about Hollywood called "You Must Remember This" tries to answer this question in their series 'Erotic 80s' and 'Erotic 90s'. The reasons are complicated, but, the growth of the video tape market meant that movie theaters didn't need to present erotic films. The studios could make a heavily edited version for the big screen and then create an uncut version for video stores. Later you could cut out movie theaters entirely and simply produce downscale sexual thrillers directly for video stores.

Throw in concerned citizen groups and the censorious MPAA and the big screen erotic film basically faded away.

The internet. That's what happened.

I've been listening to a podcast about Hollywood called "You Must Remember This" tries to answer this question in their series 'Erotic 80s' and 'Erotic 90s'. The reasons are complicated, but, the growth of the video tape market meant that movie theaters didn't need to present erotic films. The studios could make a heavily edited version for the big screen and then create an uncut version for video stores. Later you could cut out movie theaters entirely and simply produce downscale sexual thrillers directly for video stores.

Throw in concerned citizen groups and the censorious MPAA and the big screen erotic film basically faded away.
You have a link to that podcast?

Since the CCP owns a lot of media they don’t like that so that’s a big reason however most deny that
There’s reasons why

You have a link to that podcast?
You should be able to find it wherever you get your podcasts or try youmustrememberthispodcast dotcom.

It's mostly fun and interesting stories about old Hollywood. But two series "Erotic 80s" and "Erotic 90s" tackles the mainstream movie industry's flirtation with erotica.

These are all great. Mainstream is what got me interested in the lifestyle....which helped with my then future wife loving BBC

Back