The Obama Doctrine from the President's mouth himself

Jyaku

Couple
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/04/the-obama-doctrine/471525/

For all the people who criticize blindly.. there's reason to his madness.
For all the people who praise blindly.. there's reason to be scared of his successor.

I learned quite a few things how the president thinks the Middle East is a quagmire and want us to get out of a situation where American muscle (army) runs on whims of the Middle East's sheiks/ emirs/ kings. He wants to stop us from trusting Saudi's and following their every whim militarily when 15 of 19 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia.

I liked where he talked about the typical, Washington foreign policy playbook (at least, how I saw it mentioned in the NYT article). It made me think of that Far Side comic on horse medicine:

ForeignPolicyPlaybook.png

This stuff is inspirational... it's leadership material... and absolutely nothing like it has been communicated before. Least nothing has has ever reached me. Are we actually going to miss him compared to the idiots that follow?

The description of him being a lone wolf in an ocean of Neocons in Washington is quite frightening.

sadly.... that's just the way it is....... you don't really appreciate someone until they are gone

It is true. I've so much loved American politics since he took office. Don't matter if he's made mistakes (what man on this earth who hasn't?), but he triumphed over that. If ever there was a chance for him to run a third term, he'd kick every Republican ass in ever debate.

Don't matter if he's made mistakes (what man on this earth who hasn't?), but he triumphed over that
even when most of congress was working against him.... they are going to miss him... will never admit it.... but he did try to work with them... lets see what happens if they get a republican president....... bet he won't work with them near as much....
but then I think the republicans have shot themselves in the foot for now and a long time to come

Back