TAKE THE POLL: The New Great Debate: G.O.A.T. - Jordan vs. Lebron vs. Kareem vs. Chamberlain

Who do you feel is the GOAT - Lebron, Joran, Kareem, or Wilt?

• Total voters

BigBlackBull76

Male
Staff member
Real Person
Gold Member
From
VA, US
Had a good chat last night with @Funmainecouple and my pops over the new Great Debate for the Greatest Of All Time (GOAT) in NBA history.

My pops didn't make a statement on who was better but said the fact that Lebron brought Cleveland back from 2 games down when they looked like they were on the ropes and close to getting knocked out of the playoff series by Indiana isn't a performance we've seen since the likes of his 'Air-Highness' himself.

Then to top it off, although my man @Funmainecouple said Toronto is soft, Lebron has been looking like the ol Jordan against 1st seed Toronto with every defender they've thrown at him especially with all the amazing 4th QTR turn-around shake jordan-like spin fade-away shots he rained on them for a 40+ point game. He looks unstoppable now and with NO's big win over GS which I hope they continue (boo and down w/ GS) Lebron has a shot at taking this all the way which would solidify his nomination for the GOAT title.

So I'm going to wait to vote on this until after the NBA season here but lets get the rest of the community's input on this - Jordan vs. Lebron - you make the call.

The LeBronto: 2018 playoff Game 2 highlights of the 'Jordanesque-EA-NBA-LIVE-2K-Video-Game-God-Mode-MVP-Get'er-done-SpaceJam-play:

*Listen to the announcer on the last play in the video: "...look at the distance on the fade-away, that is an un-guardable..."

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 7.09.58 AM.png
ref: http://www.businessinsider.com/espn-announcer-calls-raptors-home-lebronto-playoffs-2018-5

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 7.14.00 AM.png

Last edited:
Ok up to this point, the side by side Stats:
Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 7.18.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 7.20.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 7.20.54 AM.png

rest of stats at:
http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/lebron_james_vs_michael_jordan.htm

Dont forget Olympic Comparisons:

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 8.00.26 AM.png
Jordan played on two Olympic gold medal-winning American basketball teams. He won a gold medal as a college player in the 1984 Summer Olympics, and again in the 1992 United States men's Olympic basketball team ("The Dream Team").

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 7.54.54 AM.png

Lebron played on two Olympic gold medal-winning American basketball teams and one Bronze. He may still get a chance to play for a 3rd Olympic gold medal winning team to break the tie with Jordan. At the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, he was part of the USA team that suffered a 91-89 defeat at the hands of Argentina in the semi-final and had to settle for a bronze medal.

“I think that in Athens we didn’t have enough respect for what the Olympic Games represent and what it means to play for Team USA,” said James ahead of the next edition of the Games in Beijing, where, with Kobe Bryant, he would emerge as a leader of the so-called ‘Redeem Team’. Having set their sights firmly on gold, the Americans were completely dominant in Beijing, putting in a series of high octane performances en route to the final, in which they dispatched Spain 118-107 in spectacular fashion, with James contributing 14 points, six rebounds and three assists.

ref: https://www.olympic.org/michael-jordan
https://www.olympic.org/lebron-james#

*Because of Lebron's consistency and hard-work ethic of being in the last seven straight consecutive NBA Championship series if he gets a ring this season I'm ready to vote for him as the GOAT. Jordan had alot of great help but Lebron really carried his team on his back this season and at his age and length in the sport its an impressive feat.

Last edited:
Other stats to consider - Lebron vs Jordan comparison for Playoff Totals out of NBA top ten listed:

Lebron 1st in Points/ Jordan 2nd,
3rd in Assists /Jordan 10th,
1st in Steals/ Pippen 2nd, Jordan 3rd,
2nd in Defensive Rebounds/ Jordan not on top 10,
2nd in Field Goals Made/ Jordan 3rd,
2nd in Three Pointers made/ Jordan not on top 10

1st in Free Throws made/ Jordan 2nd,
In Game 1 of Cleveland’s first round series with Indiana, LeBron posted his 20th career playoff triple-double as he currently ranks 2nd all-time behind Magic Johnson’s 30.

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 7.30.07 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 7.30.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 7.31.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 7.32.29 AM.png

ref: http://stats.nba.com/alltime/

Last edited:
I'll repeat what I said last night, I think the closing argument for Jordan is the D. He was a shut down defender when he needed to be, and actually one of the greatest defensive guards of all time. Lebron is merely a very good defender..... Also, those green bars do tell a story.... Which brings me back to my favorite saying about Jordan: Most underrated basketball player of all time. :)

Jordon came along when the NBA didn't have all the "stars" we have today
James is winning in a talented field

my opinion
Yeah, that Magic guy and Bird dude were pretty lame.

Lol, I have to agree - these guys were no joke and maybe even better than the redeem team:

150805191407-hall-of-fame-dream-team-feature-00000701.1280x720.jpg

redeem team:
usa-2012-team.jpg

Last edited:
well yes you had a few great ones...but it's not like every team had a couple of superstars
back then you bird...the admiral...eweing...barkley...you could name them all!
today...to many to name...that's why I favor James
again...just my opinion

I see your point and noted @subhub174014 . That's why this is the great debate. It can go on and on round and round for a while. I was still on the fence and sort of was leaning more and more towards Lebron myself until...

So I hung out for a few with my pops and his best friend who is also senior around my pops elder age last night. I asked them the question as to the subject topic and here is what my pops said to paraphrase:

"...Jordan was better because there was one year that Jordan won in 8 categories which was unheard of by a Basketball player." My pop's boy nodded his head and looked at me like yup not much else to say -lol. But they didn't go into any specifics beyond that.

I said really now that wasn't a fact I heard before so I went to do some fact finding. Here are some results from his Wiki page:

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 5.01.15 AM.png

So it appears in 1988, Jordan was the NBA Regular season leader in the following categories:
1. Scoring,
2. Steals per game,
3. Field Goals made,
4. Free throws made,
5. Points,
6. Overall Steals,
7. Minutes Played
8. Holds record for most steals in first half of Regular season Game: 8, first half, at Boston Celtics, NOV 9, 1988
9. Was voted MVP
10. Was voted defensive Player of the year
11. Was voted scoring champion
12. Was voted NBA All-Star MVP
13. Was voted NBA All-defensive selection
14. Was voted NBA Slam-dunk contest champion

BL: Now that's a very very impressive list of accolades for one player for one season in any sport.

I have to concede on this debate topic for now with those facts (thanks to my pops & his boy) and vote for Jordan. I don't think Lebron has accomplished all of those feats in one season but I have to do some investigation on Lebron's record or perhaps someone else who is on the Lebron side can offer up the countering facts here.

*NOTE: I haven't officially voted in the poll as of yet and won't until I match up Lebron's record against those Jordan stats above and after I see what happens this season. If Lebron pulls off a Championship this season -I'm still inclined to vote for him because of his impressive work ethic, and determination as to what he was able to pull off.

~BBB76

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 5.20.56 AM.png

Last edited:
I will stick with LeBron........Like I said Jordon did a lot of that when there wasn't as much talent around to stop him!
James performance in the last 2 games is a testament of his talent!
Note: James came out of high school
Jordon was also on a team loaded with talent...Pippen Rodman Armstrong for a while....etc...to kind of help his cause

I will stick with LeBron........Like I said Jordon did a lot of that when there wasn't as much talent around to stop him!
James performance in the last 2 games is a testament of his talent!
Note: James came out of high school
Jordon was also on a team loaded with talent...Pippen Rodman Armstrong for a while....etc...to kind of help his cause
I hear ya my man - but put your money where your mouth is as I noticed you haven't voted on the poll yet. Make your decision known - lol.

sorry...missed the actual poll I guess

I see today they are comparing Durant to Jordon .....to many stars today!.....that's why it's James for me!

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks is for debate does not watch basketball and instead relies on espn. This is not close. For far too many reasons to list. Lets be quite clear. Lebron dominates a soft East. In an era where basketball is its softest. The most physical era of basketball is the early 2000's culminating in the Malice in the Palace. However defenses in MJ time were far tougher than in Bron time. Lebron choked against an aging Celtics team. A prime or even younger Jordan would not have done that. Because hes got balls. You bring up rebounda lebron is a whole damn position different than Jordan. Not the same height or weight class. And yet Jordans numbers are not far off in rebounds while taking 2 years off. Lebron orchestrated a move to Miami to play with his pals. Michael told management so your job I will do mine. He groomed his team into winners. Lebron left his team to learn to be one. And then proceeded to get his ass whipped by the Mavs... and OLDER THAN CELTICS TEAM MAVS! Stop your what if. Or whose better debate there. Because its over there. Is the game talent wise better? Yes. Is the game fundamentally better? NO! Thanks in part to AAU and the era Jordan ushered in. The superstar era. But do not confuse that with being a ball hog. The year Jordan broke his foot. He was what? Averaging a triple double playing PG? he can easily pass. He had over 6 ast for his career. In a moving pace triangle offense. Lebron is a ball dominant player who NEEDS the ball in his hands to be effective and to utilize his roid usage. Cause we all onownhes on PED. Look at his head growth. But regardless. And lebron has what like nore than half as many turn overs as he averages assist?? Lol BIG TIME! lets talk about how he had cramps and thats his excuse for getting raped by the spurs? No?? Oh okay... lol stop this charade

Anyone who thinks is for debate does not watch basketball and instead relies on espn. This is not close. For far too many reasons to list. Lets be quite clear. Lebron dominates a soft East. In an era where basketball is its softest. The most physical era of basketball is the early 2000's culminating in the Malice in the Palace. However defenses in MJ time were far tougher than in Bron time. Lebron choked against an aging Celtics team. A prime or even younger Jordan would not have done that. Because hes got balls. You bring up rebounda lebron is a whole damn position different than Jordan. Not the same height or weight class. And yet Jordans numbers are not far off in rebounds while taking 2 years off. Lebron orchestrated a move to Miami to play with his pals. Michael told management so your job I will do mine. He groomed his team into winners. Lebron left his team to learn to be one. And then proceeded to get his ass whipped by the Mavs... and OLDER THAN CELTICS TEAM MAVS! Stop your what if. Or whose better debate there. Because its over there. Is the game talent wise better? Yes. Is the game fundamentally better? NO! Thanks in part to AAU and the era Jordan ushered in. The superstar era. But do not confuse that with being a ball hog. The year Jordan broke his foot. He was what? Averaging a triple double playing PG? he can easily pass. He had over 6 ast for his career. In a moving pace triangle offense. Lebron is a ball dominant player who NEEDS the ball in his hands to be effective and to utilize his roid usage. Cause we all onownhes on PED. Look at his head growth. But regardless. And lebron has what like nore than half as many turn overs as he averages assist?? Lol BIG TIME! lets talk about how he had cramps and thats his excuse for getting raped by the spurs? No?? Oh okay... lol stop this charade
Preach @Jayk93 - dam good post with great points about a soft east nowadays and we forget about the malice in the palace.

I agree with you on a lot of those items brought up and can’t argue it was more grueling physical tough for Jordan but i think Lebron with his physique and work out regime would be able to withstand the beating(s) too.:blackgrimace:

@bigblackbull76... who would have thought that I could get my sports trivia and be able to find some delicious black cock all in the same place ;). What’s next - cooking lessons? ;). Ha
Lol, well you know my dear @ticklemypleasure the BigBlackBull76 has been known to not only have a big juicy piece of meat women love to stuff their mouths, pussys, and ass with but i hook up a mean steak, salmon, and shrimp dish too. I may just make a thread with the BigBlackBull’s cooking lessons and special secret seasoning ingredients to show i’m a triple threat too just like Jordan and Lebron - like how i tied that all together there? :blackgreedy::lips::blackheart::qos:

Lol, well you know my dear @ticklemypleasure the BigBlackBull76 has been known to not only have a big juicy piece of meat women love to stuff their mouths, pussys, and ass with but i hook up a mean steak, salmon, and shrimp dish too. I may just make a thread with the BigBlackBull’s cooking lessons and special secret seasoning ingredients to show i’m a triple threat too just like Jordan and Lebron - like how i tied that all together there? :blackgreedy::lips::blackheart::qos:
A triple threat ;). Sounds like a plan!

Preach @Jayk93 - dam good post with great points about a soft east nowadays and we forget about the malice in the palace.

I agree with you on a lot of those items brought up and can’t argue it was more grueling physical tough for Jordan but i think Lebron with his physique and work out regime would be able to withstand the beating(s) too.:blackgrimace:
Hahah i hate that people said Jordan didn't play good teams. Dude beat the supersonics who were amazing. An amazing utah jazz team. Trail blazers Suns when barkley won MVp. I dont even like Jordan I am a Pacers and Reggie Miller fan all my life. Lebron and what happened against the Mavs and the Spurs is just embarrassing. And lets not pretend he is not a ray allen 3 and a kyrie 3 away from really being what? 1-7?

Ray Allen's 3 was pure luck and just ray Allen kyries was a dagger in the heart kobe was the best for year and got 5 ring LeBron has what is now 8 or 9 trips to the finals and got....1.......on his own. Jordan can't be as dominate as LeBron over time but that is one factor LeBron know how to lose in the finals and it will happen again like not 1....not 2......not 3.........should I continue.

Back