Steelers Quarterback Dwayne Haskins Dead At Age 24 After Being Hit By Car

WindsorBLKBull

Male
Gold Member
From
Canada
1649529161584.png

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins died after he was hit by a car in South Florida.

Haskins was 24 years old and was in Florida training with other Steelers skill position players, such as quarterback Mitch Trubisky, running back Najee Harris and tight end Pat Freiermuth.

"I am devastated and at a loss for words with the unfortunate passing of Dwayne Haskins," Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said in a statement Saturday. "He quickly became part of our Steelers family upon his arrival in Pittsburgh and was one of our hardest workers, both on the field and in our community.

"Dwayne was a great teammate, but even more so a tremendous friend to so many. I am truly heartbroken. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife, Kalabrya, and his entire family during this difficult time."

Haskins was a standout at Ohio State and in 2018, his only season as a starter, threw 50 touchdown passes, earning Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year honors and finished third in the Heisman Trophy voting.

He was drafted with the 15th overall pick by Washington in the 2019 NFL Draft. Haskins played in nine games his rookie season, throwing seven touchdowns and seven interceptions. In his second season, he threw for five touchdowns before being released in December 2020.

"We are devastated to hear the news of the tragic passing of Dwayne Haskins, Jr. He was a young man with a tremendous amount of potential who had an infectious personality," Commanders owners Dan and Tanya Snyder said in a statement. "To say we are heartbroken is an understatement. Our hearts and prayers are with the members of Dwayne's family and all of those who knew him and loved him."

Haskins eventually signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers in January 2021, but did not see any action during the 2021 season.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nf...sedgntp&cvid=e19a6299d737427499f4b7e12d88c12c

Was fortunate enough to see his last game at the shoe against Michigan..he threw 6 TDS and played solid. Rest In Peace Dwayne.

Extremely saddened by his early death. I must confess not knowing of him before this post. It always makes me sad when people are taken in the prime years before they get started.

He was walking along the Interstate (no car).........and the decides to run across the highway in the early morning hours ? Somthing doesnt make sense. Have any more details emerged ? Its a tradgedy........

Back